24 Hours

The Little Mermaid

24 Hours

 
 
 

Right as he stepped outside of the building, he jumped inside his car and quickly drove away, praying that he was right about Syrena’s location.

 

It took him time, but he finally parked his car at a train station and jumped out of the vehicle while running inside. Once he was at the stand, he took out his wallet and quickly paid for a two way ticket to Busan; a quick thank you and he was out, running towards the next train.

 

Making it just in time, he quickly hopped on and found himself a seat, finally taking in a deep breath to calm himself down. He heard the ringtone of his cellphone and picked it up to see his manager calling.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Where the hell are you?! You have a packed up schedule today!”

 

“I know and I’m sorry, but I have something important to do; I’ll be back in a few hours, I promise.”

 

“At least tell me where are you going?”

 

“Busan.”

 

“What?! Why that far? What are you planning to do?!”

 

“I’ll let you know when I come back; please trust me on this.”

 

He heard the man sigh along with a few seconds of silence before he started speaking again.

 

“There’s better be a good explanation once you come back. I’ll just let the PD’s know that you were sick or something. Good luck on whatever you’re trying to achieve.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

The three hours of train ride passed, G.O rented a car for the day and after asking for directions, drove towards the beach with his hope still running high.

 

Finally arriving, he jumped out of the car and took a look at the empty beach in front of him before making his way towards the mermaid statue; the same one from his dream.

 

Just like last night, the wind was gently blowing with the waves quietly reaching the shore. Once he was near the statue, he leaned against the rock and looked in front of him, suddenly lost on what to do next.

 

He let himself admire his view until some faint splashing sound came to his hearing, catching his attention towards the water.

 

Right over there, Syrena just shot her head out of the water while trying to find her way to swim as she had lost her tail. The sudden change took her by surprise and made her go numb in her lower body while trying her best to breathe the air of the surface.

 

The moment he recognized her, G.O quickly rushed in and jumped inside the water as he swam his way towards her and once he got a hold of the mermaid, he swam back to the shore while carrying her on his back.

 

Coughs were escaping both of their throats as they were catching their breaths with G.O bent over while Syrena was lying in the sand, hugging herself tight.

 

The boy turned to look at her and saw that she wasn’t wearing anything making him act quickly as he took off his jacket and made her wear it before carrying her in his arms, walking to the rented car. He hadn’t paid attention to the physical change of the mermaid until he placed her on the passenger’s seat of the car, making  him look at her with his eyes wide open.

 

She was tightly gripping onto the jacket with her skin shivering from the sudden cold that hit her. He could see the light shaking of her body and hugged her close against him to heat her up, at least a little bit.

 

No words were yet said to each other and for now it wasn’t an important matter; all that mattered for the singer was to get his girl out of here and back to his place where he could properly take care of her.

 

Pulling himself away, he looked down at her and glanced at her new legs while lightly grazing the skin. She looked up at him and showed him a small smile at the corner of her lips. He leaned back and placed a kiss on the top of her head before closing the door and making his way to the driver’s seat, ready to leave the beach and go back home.

 

As he was driving into town, he took a glance on the side and saw a women’s clothing shop making him realize that Syrena wasn’t wearing any clothes at all. He parked his car and took one last look at the mermaid to see that she had fallen asleep, taking this chance to go in and buy some items.

 

The loud sound of a door closing brought Syrena out of her sleep and took a look around to see that she was all on her own. Half dried up, she wanted to follow the boy to wherever he was going and started to panic when she wasn’t capable of getting out of the car, making her start to hit the windows and everything around her in the hopes that she would eventually get out.

 

From the front window of the shop, he saw her in a sudden panic and ran out of the shop and straight back to the car as he made his way to her side, opening the door. She jumped on him with her arms wrapped around his neck, early tears ready to escape her eyes.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to be afraid of anything.”

 

Softly her hair, he calmed her down and pulled away as he gently cupped her cheeks. “I need to buy you something to wear; I can’t bring out back like this.” Chuckling at the last part of his sentence, it took her a moment before understanding what he meant. She took a quick look down at herself and back up at him.

 

“Can I come with you?”

 

He took a moment as he pondered over her request and looked around him. Not a lot of people were out, which was probably because of the heat of the summer season. He felt her hand on his arm making him turn back to her and simply nodded. As she tried to get up, she lost her balance but had G.O catching her just in time. Lifting her back up in his arms, he closed the door of the car and ran quickly towards the inside of the shop.

 

Inside the quiet shop, nobody was here except for one employee. Placing her back down on her new feet, he held her by her shoulders to make sure she wouldn’t lose her balance and started lightly laughing when he saw the face she was making by trying to properly stand up.

 

“How may I help you?”

 

Lifting his head up, he quickly grabbed onto Syrena’s hand and walked towards the staff lady as she strangely eyed the girl that was gripped around the new customer.

 

“We need clothes… Anything you have will do.”

 

“Hmm, okay~ if the lady could join me, please?”

 

“I’ll wait here, don’t worry.” Reassuring her that she was safe, Syrena hesitantly walked towards the stranger while keeping her balance with her arms lifted up by the side of her body.

 

Once she had the hang of it, she turned her face to look at G.O who lovingly smiled at her making her giggle at the sudden excitement rising inside of her.

 

 

The shopping was done, the train ride back to Seoul was done and now, G.O was driving back to the dorm.

 

Looking at the time, it was already 12pm when they finally arrived in front of the apartment building. As he turned off his car, he turned his face to look at Syrena who suddenly seemed nervous. She was still wearing his jacket on top of the new clothes she just got and was tightly gripping onto the bottom of the clothing.

 

“You don’t need to be nervous; we’ll sort everything out once we get inside, okay?”

 

“Mhmm.” She nods earning a smile from him. He gets out of the car and runs to the other side to help her out as he grabbed onto the shopping bag and gently held her hand, squeezing it in the process to reassure her one more time.

 

With quick steps, they are inside the building and back up on the floor of his dorm. Punching in the key code, the front door unlocks and walks into an empty place suddenly remembering that the boys were still probably out for the day because of the schedule.

 

Syrena was closely following behind him and with a curious mind, was looking around her with her head turning left and right.

 

“How about I prepare you something to eat? You must be hungry, right?” He turned to look at her and placed the bag on the couch while she followed his movement with her eyes before gazing back at him. She placed her hands over her stomach and hastily nodded while biting her lower lip, a sudden smile forming on her face.

 

He chuckled and playfully ruffled her hair before making his way to the kitchen, to which she closely followed him once again. She had a light grip on the back of his shirt, which caught his attention as he turned around to see that she was standing close to him. It took him off guard but couldn’t help himself but letting a smile appear as he pushed strands of her hair out of her face before cupping her cheeks and leaning in closer to finally kiss her.

 

His small pecks slowly turned into one passionate kiss as he brought his body closer to hers. Butterflies in the pit of his stomach, the heart beating strongly against his chest, shivers creeping up his skin; a new sensation was taking over him as he was falling deeper into the kiss, not wanting to let go.

 

He could feel her warmth against his own body and how tightly she was grasping onto him, making him smile. Needing some breath of air, they slowly pulled away ending up giggling in the end with their forehead stuck against each other.

 

“I’ve missed you so much… I was starting to think that I was never going to see you again.”

 

He softly grazed her cheek and hugged her tight by wrapping his arms around her waist. She nuzzled her face into his neck and hugged him back, apologizing for taking so long to come back.

 

“I had to find a way to be with you, but… I’m afraid it won’t last long…”

 

Her words caught his attention as he pulled away to look at her, curious to know what she meant by that. “What do you mean?”

 

She placed her hand over a small pendant she was wearing around her neck, catching G.O’s attention as he was attentively looking at it. “Since the last time we met, I tried to find a way to gain legs. I swam as far as the ocean could take me just so I could find the one thing that could help me answer my prayers. And that’s when I heard it. A legend. A special pendant that could grant your wish but it only works for someone with a pure soul. It took me one whole year until I could finally have my hands on it.”

 

“O-okay, so we just don’t have to take it out; you’ll just keep wearing it and-”

 

“That’s the thing… It’s only 24 hours. After that, it turns into dust and I become a mermaid again…”

 

“24 hours? But, we’ve already lost half of the day! We don’t have enough t-time!”

 

“I know, and I’m sorry for that but… I don’t want to worry about this right now… We’ve been apart for a full year and it was the most dreadful thing that I ever had to go through…”

 

“Not just for you…” He gave her another sweet kiss and hugged her back before their moment got interrupted by the sound of an opening door.

 

“Hyung?” Looking to the side, the couple saw the rest of the boys coming in, questioning looks across their faces.

 

“Who is that?”

 

“It’s Syrena.”

 

“T-the mermaid?!”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Shock was clearly written all over their faces while G.O and Syrena were simply standing there watching them slowly enter the dorm. He went to hold her hand, intertwining their fingers together making her look down on it and then back up at him with, yet, another smile one her face.

 

That simple touch was able to make her feel a wave of warmth surrounding her frozen heart, letting the tingly feeling grow with every second passing by.

 

“Why does she has legs? Wh-what happened?”

 

“It’s just… hmm, magic?”

 

 

After talking to the rest of the boys, they had their lunch and explored the city outside leaving Syrena at awe with her sight.

 

She was in complete admiration with her surrounding, completely taken aback. She never put any much thought into what the human world would look like as she simply thought that it would be similar to her world, but what she was seeing was beyond her expectations; even higher than her imagination.

 

And just like that, the day was over with the sun going back down.

 

Luckily enough, the 24 hours weren’t over yet, giving the couple a little bit of chance to properly spend their time together as they were now inside G.O’s room and lying on his bed, their arms wrapped around each other.

 

He was her arm with the tip of his fingers while she had her head against his chest, feeling the beating of his heart through her ear. Their legs were entangled together and they haven’t spoken a word yet, letting the silence speak for itself.

 

He was glad to have that time with her but it didn’t satisfy this feeling deep inside of him. Of course he would want more, but he didn’t know where to start; he didn’t know how to make her stay and it tore him apart.

 

He turned around to properly hug her and ended up caging her with his arms and legs making her giggle.

 

He sticks the tip of his nose against hers and looks straight into her eyes, making her blush as she flutter her eye lids, suddenly feeling shy.

 

Looking at the way she was today just made him fall for her even more. All he did was watch her with the brightest smile on his face and he had his heart skipping a beat. Everything she was, he loved; he didn’t care how they met or where she comes from, all he cared about was her and how much he wanted to be with her.

 

No women was able to make him feel this way until her and it just convinced him that Syrena was special.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Her soft voice made him snap out of his thoughts while she curiously looked at him.

 

“I’m thinking about you… and how much I’m madly falling in love with you.” Placing small kisses in between his sentences, it took her a moment before realizing what he just said. She felt her heart beat so fast it made the corner of her lips go up as she smiled so widely, she couldn’t feel anything else but the bubble of pure happiness that was surrounding both of them.

 

“I’m falling in love with you too...”

 

“Really?”

 

“Mhmm.” With a slight smirk on his face he slowly turned around until he was hovering above her and started tickling her while hiding his face in the crook of her neck with the tip of his nose grazing her skin. Her giggles turned into laughter with the weird sensation staining her whole body and tried to do the same to him only to have her hands caught in between his as he placed them above her head.

 

All was good until she felt a sudden sharp pain through her legs making her suddenly cry out. Quickly G.O backed away thinking that he had hurt her only to see a quick hallucination of golden scales running up her legs. “S-Syrena? Are you okay? What’s happening?”

 

“I can’t feel m-my legs-”

 

He looked at the time and saw that the 24 hours were almost up.

 

“I-I don’t have time to bring you back to where you came; it’s too far away-”

 

“You don’t need too; just bring me back to a river or somewhere that leads me to the ocean. I’ll find my way back.”

 

“I don’t want you to go…” His whispered words broke her heart. With the pain slowly going away, she looked up at him with her eyes shimmering from tears that were threatening to escape. “I don’t want to leave either…”

 

She quickly sat back up and grabbed onto his shirt, pulling him back towards her and had him hover back above her as she lightly grazed his cheek with her palm. He kissed the inside of her hand and leaned in closer to kiss her on her lips, letting themselves go just for a little bit.

 

The pain was slowly coming back making her stop as she pulled herself away from him, holding in another cry. “It’s not suppose to hurt; why is it hurting so m-much?”

 

“Shush, it’s okay; we’ll find a way… we’ll find a way, I promise.”

 

“How? My father would never agree to this. He doesn’t even know that I’m here!”

 

“I don’t care if he knows or not. You belong to me; we belong to each other and we’ll make this work. There’s no way I’m letting you go, not after having spent the last year wishing to have you back.”

 

“W-we’ll find a way. If Fate allowed me to find that medallion so I can be with you; She can do it again.” She nodded to try and convince herself that things would fix itself and that she would have what she dreams of having since she laid eyes on G.O.

 

“I won’t let anything get in the way of us. Nothing will stop us, okay?” His comforting words made her feel a little bit better. She bit her bottom lip and nodded once again, making the boy sigh in relief. Grazing her cheek, he placed another kiss before pulling away and lifted her up, helping her make her way back to the water.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:  

Here's the location of where he went :) - x