Even in My Dreams

The Little Mermaid

Even in My Dreams

 
 
 

A few weeks have passed since the little incident and the boys were busier than ever with their filled up schedules. As for G.O, he never got over what happened the night he heard the voice. He even had the melody stuck in his head and used it as inspiration for his personal composition.  

 

That night still bothered him even after countlessly trying to put it behind. This time, it wasn’t really about the song anymore; it was about the girl.

 

Who ever she was, everything about her that he was able to see was stuck in his mind.

 

Especially her pearl color like eyes.

 

He doesn’t remember seeing something this beautiful even though it was barely a second but it was enough to have it engraved inside of him.

 

He was starting to get desperate about finding her even though he had no clue of who she was. The rest of the members still think he might be hallucinating about the matter but for the boy himself, he knew that it was reality; he was convinced that everything that happened was as real as it could get.

 

‘I’ll find you… No matter how long it will take; I’ll find you.’

  

For Syrena, she had lost the tiny bit of happiness she felt after she couldn’t find the boat nor the human on the next day, thinking that she might have dreamt about everything.

 

It didn’t stop her from singing, though.

 

She might have lost the feeling of being in love in her mind, but the heart knew that it was still there, making her sing the same enchanting melody over and over again whenever she would drift to think about the boy.

 

When she was singing, he was thinking about her, even in the most impromptu moment of the day.

 

Whenever he found himself in front of water, he would always see those same eyes, making his heart skip a beat, without him even understanding why he was reacting this way. Something inside of him was pushing his heart over the edge and all he could think about was how idiotic it was to be in love just from one look in the eyes.

 

Even distracting himself the best way he could, she would always come back right in the center of his attention making him lose focus on whatever he was doing.

 

‘I have to find her… I need to find her.’

 

 

He was standing in front of a familiar beach, breathing in the smell of the sea. Looking up, he found himself staring at the moon as it reflected it’s light over the water of the ocean with the faint waves coming at his feet.

 

Pure silence until a voice started to sing.

 

It didn’t take him long before realizing that it was the same song with the same voice. As he was looking around to see where it was coming from, he couldn’t see anything but the water. Even looking behind him brought him nothing but emptiness on the scene.

 

He was loudly calling out for the girl several time but earned nothing else but the song. Without realizing it, he was starting to sing too, joining in with the mysterious voice until it disappeared leaving him to echo across the water by himself.

 

“Just once, look at me. Only for you, I’ll give you my heart. Do you really not see me?”

 

The feeling of being alone was starting to creep up as he suddenly sensed as he was on his own now with nothing else but the water of the sea. Words were starting to pour out of his heart, a disguised emotion speaking through.

 

I only want to look at you, I want to give you all my love. I want to put you in my embrace…”

 

He didn’t know where the inspiration was suddenly coming from, but what was more strange to him was the fact that he felt as if he was calling out to someone that broke his heart making him like he lost a part of himself along the way.

 

“Why is it having such an effect on me when… I don’t even know who I’m looking for…”

 

The next thing he knew, he found himself right where everything started; in the middle of the ocean and drowning.

 

He tried to call out for help but his voice got stuck in his throat and felt like he was being pulled from under the water. The pull got stronger and was now being dragged in the ocean while he was still trying to push himself up, fighting for a breath.

 

When he thought he was going to lose, something behind him pulled him back up to the surface making him jerk out of his sleep with a pair of purple eyes looking at him in longing right when he was heavily breathing with bids of sweat staining his tired body.

 

He quickly gave a look around and sighed in relief when he saw that he was in his bedroom back at the dorm. He fell back on the mattress and placed his hands over his face before passing them through his hair. His breathing went back to normal as he went to sit back up at the edge of his bed. Looking at the desk on the other side of the room, he got up on his feet and walked towards his chair as he the lamp and picked up a pen while searching for a random piece of paper that was laying around in the mess that was his table.

 

Finally finding one, he started to write down what he could remember from the words he spoke out, suddenly feeling a rush of inspiration pouring out along with the ink staining the white paper.

 

Don’t push me away, please don’t turn around. I won’t get bad feelings.”

 

Me, who really wants you and wants you, I can’t even love.”

 

One by one endless sentences were being written down without any proper order as he was only writing in such a hurry, the comprehension wasn’t his focus right now.

 

When he felt like he had enough, he threw the pen back on the desk and ran his fingers through his hair while taking a deep breath. He got up from his seat and walked out of his room, making his way towards the bathroom for a warm shower.

 

As he was standing in the front door, he noticed that someone was already in there and softly knocked. In the next second he saw his new girlfriend opening it with a smile on her face. G.O looked back at her, left stunned for a moment before remembering that he was in a new ‘relationship’ with someone he met just one week ago.

 

He wasn’t even feeling guilty about forgetting this detail.

 

He was so caught up into his messed up mind, everything else was forgotten.

 

Looking into her eyes, a sense of frustration was starting to grow inside of him. He was looking at brown eyes and they were nothing like the ones he kept dreaming about ever since that day.

 

He grabbed onto his girlfriend’s neck and crashed his lips against hers while pushing his body inside the bathroom where he locked the door right behind him.

 

She wasn’t her and it was driving him crazy, pushing him to have an imagination of his own.

 

It was insane, but that’s how he felt.

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

So now we got a taste of G.O's side and as you can see I tried to include the lyrics to his solo song (hence the title) so technically there story takes place in 2011 :)

Our two characters are going to 'properly' interact soon, I promise ;)