Fate

The Little Mermaid

Fate

 
 
 

The trip to the hospital was made quick and luckily, nothing major affected Syrena; the heat had made her weak but was able to quickly recuperate with a little bit of rest.

 

It may have been all, but she knew that something else had happened.

 

The countdown was still going and she recently find out that there was only three days left until the full moon. Ever since the day she made the deal, she didn’t think there would be any problem with the formal confession the Evil Queen was looking for but from what had happened to her just now, panic was starting to appear.

 

She shook off the feeling, thinking that she didn’t have to worry since G.O kept confessing his love to her everyday, the same way she would do to him.

 

 

After the hospital, she was back at the dorm and straight in bed with G.O who had his arms wrapped around her as she hugged him back with her head resting above his heart, feeling its quicken pace against her ear.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

“Better I guess…”

 

“You don’t seem convinced.” He lifted her chin up so she could be looking at him and planted a kiss on his shoulder before she sat up and turned around to face him. “I was just thinking about what my mother said today.”

 

“What did you guys talk about?” His turn to sit up, he took Syrena in his arms as she placed herself on his lap while he gently wrapped his arms around her. “About why she left and hearing her story… it made me think of something.”

 

“Really?”

 

“It made me think about us; about our story.”

 

“How come?”

 

“Well, she did fall in love with a human and she gave up everything to be with him…”

 

“I thought you were mad at her for abandoning you?”

 

“I was but then… the way she was talking about him made me think of you and how I would’ve done the same thing; I mean I did technically did the same thing…”

 

“What are you going to do now?”

 

“I want to see her again… I want to reconnect with her.” He saw a glint of hope appearing in her eyes and it made him happy to see that she was willing to forgive so easily after having lived so long without a mother figure.

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

“I am; I mean… a child can’t be left orphaned, right?”

 

“Of course…” He gave her a quick kiss on her lips before lying back down with her on top of him. She turned around so she could be face to face with him and slowly started to shower him with small kisses before landing back on his lips, letting themselves go in another one of their heated and passionate moment.

  

 

 

The next morning and the boys were back in their studio at the company while Syrena was waiting for her mother at the dorm, ready to give her another chance as they had planned to spend the day together.

 

She quickly dressed up with G.O’s famous white dress shirt she loved so as she rolled the sleeve to her elbows and tucked it in and loosed it out in a pair of jeans short along with a new pair of red sneakers Seungho bought for her as a present.

 

She played with her hair while she sat in the living room, waiting for her mother to come by. From her hair, her hands trailed to her stomach where she started lightly tapping it as if it was a pair of drums, still waiting for her mother.

 

As she was ready to give up, the doorbell rang making her jump of the couch and straight to the door opening it wide.

 

“I hope I’m not late, am I?”

 

“N-no! Of course not!” She was suddenly feeling nervous and she didn’t understand why; nevertheless she was still excited to see what this day was going to bring her.

 

“Did you have anything in particular you wanted to do today?”

 

“Hmm… Not really, anything will do.”

 

From there, they had walked out of the dorm with Syrena closely following her mother around as she helped her get more in touch with her ‘human’ side. The tense atmosphere from yesterday was no where to be found as the little mermaid was having the time of her life by hanging out with her mother, putting all the issues aside.

 

 

Already, the first part of the morning was gone leaving the two ladies inside an ice cream shop, trying to catch up without breaking the peaceful environment they were in. While they were sitting face to face, they were to focused looking somewhere else or in their ice cream cup instead of carrying on a normal conversation until the mother finally looked up to her daughter, breaking yet the ice between them.

 

“You never told me about the boy you were seeing…”

 

Syrena shot her head up and blushed at the thought of G.O, making her mother lightly giggle at her daughter’s shyness. “I don’t remember seeing you this happy before…”

 

“It’s because I wasn’t. It’s just like you though; he makes me sing.”

 

The tone in Syrena’s voice caught the woman’s attention as she gazed at her daughter’s face, noticing the glow she was bathing in, making her smile. “Is he good to you at least?”

 

“Very, you don’t have to worry about that.” She smiled back at her mother, reassuring her that everything was good. “How about you? I never got to hear the end of your story…”

 

“We got married and hmm, we have two children together. One boy and one girl.”

 

“Oh… Are you happy?”

 

“Very… You don’t have to worry about that.” Syrena chuckled when she heard her mother’s word.

 

“By the way, how come you’re here?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well you’re human now… Your father was the one that transformed me but from what you told me yesterday-”

 

“O-oh, it’s n-nothing…”

 

“Syrena.”

 

She sighed and looked down at her ice cream that was starting to melt into its cup. “It’s Fate, okay?”

 

“Fate?”

 

“Mhmm, she helped me. Well more helped us so me and Byunghee can be together.”

 

“Sweetie, I’m still lost… Who is Fate? What are you talking about?”

 

She could see the worried eyes of her mother and it made her more nervous to reveal the truth behind the magic she was in.

 

“One year ago, I met Byunghee and after our encounter, I promised him that we would meet again… After that day, I searched the whole sea to find something that could help me be in his world and I did. There’s was this legend about a special medallion that can grant you any kind of wish but only for 24 hours-”

 

“Wait. A legend? Where did you hear this?”

 

“A-actually… I can’t remember…”

 

“It’s funny, because I know for a fact that there isn’t anything like this.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“The legend isn’t true Syrena. There isn’t such a thing as a medallion that grants wishes; if it did you wouldn’t be the only one that would be after it.”

 

“Then how about the one that lets human breathe under water?”

 

“Same thing… It doesn’t exist; even if it did, it would be destroyed and you know why.”

 

“But I don’t understand, it worked in both cases!”

 

“Really?” Shock was written on both of their faces, surprised at each other’s revelations. “Y-yes.”

 

“Then how about now?”

 

“I-I told you, Fate helped me. C-can we change the subject? I don’t want to talk about this anymore…” Though reluctant, the mother gave up and was about to talk about something else when her phone started to ring. “Hello?”

 

As for Syrena, she sighed in relief, content to see that their conversation on that subject was cut off but a wave of disappointment washed over when she looked back at her mother as she hung up on her call. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I have to go…”

 

“Oh, o-okay…”

 

“Do you want me to drop you off somewhere?”

 

She thought about it for a moment and suddenly nodded with a smile on her face, making her mother laugh at the excitement.

 

“Okay, let’s go then!”

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: