What the Water Gave Me

The Little Mermaid

What the Water Gave Me

 
 
 

Late at night when the moon was at its highest peak, G.O found himself standing in front of an empty beach, watching the waves of the sea come an go. He was looking around until, to his far right, he found something intriguing.

 

Making his way towards this direction, the closer he got, he saw that it was nothing else but a statue sitting on a pillar rock where the waves were crashing against it.

 

He looked away only to have his attention back in this direction when he felt something pulling him towards this place. Faintly, his mysterious melody started to echo all around him, allowing him to feel the sudden fast pace of his beating heart as it ached against his chest and he knew why.

 

Something inside of him was warming his body up at the simple thought of the girl waiting for him just a few feet away.

 

He couldn’t help but smile and started walking a littler faster, ignoring the constant waves gently reaching the sand of the beach.

 

With the light of the moon, he could clearly see her silhouette as she was sitting on the rock, her lower body brought up against her chest while she was looking up at the starry night sky, in complete awe.

 

Once he was close enough, she turned her head to look at him and said nothing but only smiled. He climbs up on the rock and sits next to her where he places his elbows on his knees as they were brought up to his chest. He looked up at the night sky and let the wind softly hit his face while listening to the sound of the waves.

 

Looking back in front of him, he took a moment before turning his head to the side to look at her. He took in the way her hair was waving through the wind, the serene expression on her face and the way she seemed to be gazing into the distance as if she was waiting for something.

 

He gently tugged a strand of her dark hair behind her ear catching her attention as she turned her face and looked at him. The depth of her eyes made him shiver with his breath falling short. He softly her cheek with his thumb and slowly started to lean in closer towards her until his lips were hovering above hers.

 

He gave her one last look into her purple eyes before pressing his lips to hers, giving her a sweet kiss.

 

Electricity was felt all through out his body as it crept up in his veins. His heart was beating so hard against his chest, any stronger and it was going to explode out of its cage.

 

He could feel her slowly pull away until their lips were barely touching each other. He bit his bottom lip and gazed back at her only to give her another kiss, more passionate than the first one. He cupped her cheeks with both of his hands and slowly started to lean backwards until he was barely hovering above her, their upper bodies facing each other.

 

She put all her strength and emotion into that kiss, the same way he was doing, letting her heart melt into the warmth that was spreading around them. She placed her hands by his waist and gripped onto him so tight, it was as if she was afraid to let go.

 

From her lips, he reached out for her cheek and trailed his lips down to her jawline and down to her neck, leaving small kisses along the way. The sound of heavy breaths were escaping her mute throat making him continue until he reached her shell covered s.

 

He heard his name being called out through a soft moan and looked up at her only to see nothing but a rock. Sitting back up, he looked around and realized she disappeared, making his heart sink.

 

 

Looking back at the sea in front of him, he found himself waking up in his bed with the sun slowly starting to rise.

 

Disorientated for a moment, it took him a quick look around him to see that he was, yet again, back inside his own bedroom. He sighed in annoyance and fell back on the mattress, looking up at the ceiling.

 

Just then, he heard a soft knock on his door making him sit back up while passing his fingers through his black hair with the door opening, revealing his manager.

 

“Looks like I don’t need to wake you.” The older one chuckled, letting G.O smile a little bit. “The others are also waking up so I suggest that you start preparing now; I’ll go get breakfast in the meantime.”

 

The singer nodded making the manager walk out of the room while letting G.O get out of his bed. Once again, he passed his hands through his hair and breathed out before getting up on his feet.

 

Standing straight, something caught his eye and walked towards his desk where he picked up the small crown necklace that Syrena gave him. the minuscule pearls, he let out a smile appearing at the corner of his lips and closed his eyes, letting his mind wander back to the dream he had just a few minutes ago.

 

He brought the necklace to his lips and lightly grazed it against his skin before placing a small kiss on it. He tightly wrapped it around his wrist to make it as a bracelet and walked out of his room only to be welcomed by the rest of the boys that were either in the kitchen or in the living room.

 

“At what time do we start?”

 

“Hmm, in an hour; we have the variety show recording and then a radio show.”

 

“Mhmm, I’ll make it quick then…”

 

“Hyung? Are you okay?”

 

As he was turning his back on the group, he turned his head to the youngest one and simply nodded before making his way to the bathroom, locking the door behind.

 

Back to the room, the boys glanced at each other, having an idea of what might be going on in their friend’s mind.

 

“Do you think it’s because of her?”

 

“I guess, he was wearing the necklace around his wrist.”

 

“He has been wearing it ever since she gave it to him! And we haven’t even heard a word from her for exactly a year now… I don’t think she’ll be coming back.”

 

All of them were now looking at Seungho, the only one who seemed to be a little bit agitated about what was going on.

 

“Do you think something happened to her?” Turning their heads towards Joon, they all looked back at the door of the bathroom hearing the water of the shower running. A sigh escaped Seungho’s mouth, somehow feeling defeated. “I don’t know, but we need to do something about him; he can’t stay this way forever…”

 

“Maybe making him meet another girl?”

 

“We already tried that and it didn’t work out. Look, I’ll just talk to him at the end of the day. He needs to understand that he can’t hold on when there’s nothing there anymore.”

 

“You’re wrong.”

 

At the sound of his voice, they all shot their heads towards the entrance of G.O’s bedroom with Seungho getting up from his seat. “I’m wrong? You haven’t heard a thing for a year G.O!”

 

“What tells you that I didn’t?!”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know she tried to reach out to me; I know she’s waiting for me and I’m going to get her. No matter what. I’m not going to lose her just because of some stupid technicality-”

 

“Technicality? Byunghee! She’s a fish!”

 

“And I thought I’d have your support.” With his anger taking over, he stormed out and loudly shut his door letting the sound echo through the rest of the apartment, with the members jumping at the sudden gesture.

 

“What do we do now?”

 

Looking at Cheondung, Seungho sat back down and breathed out as he leaned his head at the head of the couch. “Just… let him. It seems like nobody can reason with him…”

 

 

Meanwhile, on the other side, G.O was pacing around his room trying to figure out what to do about Syrena. This past year, all he did was to dream about her and it almost drove him crazy. He was getting annoyed and desperate, thinking that he might never see her again and that all he gets were mere hallucinations about her.

 

“Where do I find you? I need to know, please…”

 

He fell back on his bed, facing the ceiling and breathed out. Bringing his wrist into his line of vision, he was staring at the necklace while going back to the dream he had last night.

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, he suddenly jerked up from the mattress and ran out of his room, surprising the others by his sudden move. Without even speaking a word to them, he grabbed onto his jacket and ran out of the dorm, leaving the others with sudden shock and question mark all over their faces.

 

“Where the hell is he going?!”

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:

You'll get to know where he's going in the next chapter ;)

In the meantime, where do you think he's going? O.o