It's A Jungle Out There

The Truth About Mr. Perfect

Eunji looked at Siwan expectantly. This time, she was hoping he'd say yes.
"No." He shook his head, crumpled the file and threw it perfectly into the trash bin.
Eunji banged her head on the table again and again. "Father! Why, of all people, would you borrow money from this jerk?"
"What did you say?" Siwan warned her with his eyes.
"That was the fifteenth celebrity we auditioned today! And the last one! They're all big names and they're willing to help you, but what?! NO?! How can you be so picky at a time like this? YOU JERK!" She threw her cup of coffee at him. The coffee splashed all over his shirt.
"Yah Jung Eunji! How could you throw that at me?! What are you going to do about my shirt? It's all covered with coffee now!" he screamed at her.
"Oops, I thought it was empty. Just change your shirt then, why make a big deal out of it?" she said, calmly.
"I didn't bring one." He removed his shirt, exposing his upper body.
Eunji looked at him.
"You like what you see, don't you?" he said.
Uninterested Eunji replied, "There's nothing to see. You're like a stick. And you don't even have abs."

She went back to reading the files. And then her phone rang.
"Oh, Chanyeol.. what is it?"
"Eunji, what should I do?!" he sounded stressed over the phone.
"Calm down, what's your problem?"
"Dara noona drank six bottles of soju. And now she's passed out drunk."
"Huh? How were you even able to..."
"Just come here quickly! I'm at our mountain hideout."
"Okay, okay. I'll be right there."

She hung up and stared at Siwan.
"What?!" he asked, still annoyed about his shirt.
"You have to drive me."
"No way. I don't want to.", he rejected at once.
"Then I'm not helping you anymore! Sort out your own mess! Goodbye!" she stood up to leave.
...

"Where are we going?" a reluctant Siwan held on to the steering wheel and asked his passenger, Jung Eunji.
She put on her seatbelt and gave him the address.
...

10 minutes later, they arrived beside the mountain.
"We're here. Where's your friend?" Siwan asked as he parked the car.
"He's up there. Thanks for driving. Bye." she pointed at the mountain and quickly got out of the car.
What the heck? That's a mountain. He got out and shouted after her.
"Ya, what are you doing?! It's already too dark!"
"Go! I'll be fine. I do this all the time."she assured him while taking careful steps upward the mountain.
He felt like he was going to go crazy. He got in his car again.
..
Eunji was shocked to see Siwan following behind her.
"I thought you left." she said.
"I just turned off the engine. How long do we have to walk up?"
"About 15 minutes."
"WHAT?!"
"Why are you even following me? I'm better by myself. Go. Go home."
Instead of obeying her, Siwan ran up a few steps and told her to walk faster.
"We have a schedule tomorrow! Let's finish this thing with your friend fast, so we can rest."

Fifteen minutes later, Eunji finally reached the hideout. This has been hers and Chanyeol's hideout for the last 10 years, an open area in the middle of the mountain.

"Finally, you came!" Chanyeol was in hysterics. He didn't know what to do with Drunk Dara.
"How did you two end up here anyway?" Eunji asked.
"I don't know. I think she has developed a habit of jumping onto my bike whenever a paparazzi is chasing her."
Eunji went to Drunk Dara, who was now sleep-talking.
"What is that?" This time, it was Chanyeol's turn to ask Eunji. He pointed to the ahjussi crawling his way up to the hideout, looking really tired. Upon reaching, he sat down on the first rock he could find.
"Don't mind him. He's not important. I think... we should get Dara off this mountain. She can stay at my house for the night." Eunji said.
"As expected, my best friend has all the answers!" he applauded her. "But.. that ahjussi, is that Im Siwan?"
Drunk Dara rose up at the mention of Siwan's name. "Im Siwan? I'm a big fan. I love him. I'll do anything to become close with him."
A light bulb suddenly went up in Eunji's head. She looked at Siwan. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
He got it immediately. "No. I'm not doing it."
"You don't have a choice. She's your only hope."
"No. Absolutely not." he remained firm.
"Just say yes, while I'm asking nicely..."Eunji threw him a fake smile.
...
The next morning, when Dara was all sobered up, Siwan went to Eunji's house.

Dara fangirled upon seeing her ultimate ideal man Im Siwan coming closer to her, holding a big bouquet of flowers.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes." She said, still in a trance.
"Of course, it's just pretend."
"What?" Okay, this must be a dream..., she thought.
"We have to pretend like we've been dating for three years now."
"What?" A really weird dream...
"Remember the articles about me that were posted two days ago? That I was beat up by a group of gangsters because I dated and cruelly dumped their boss' daughter?"
"I don't believe those articles. You'll never do that kind of thing."
"That article is true."
"What?"
"Anyway, in order to clean up my image, I will say that I never dated the girl. Because I've been dating you, and I only love you, and whatever sweet, romantic stuff I can fake."
Dara still had no clue what was going on.
"And you'll back me up. Saying that I never once cheated on you... and I'm so nice and funny and cool. All good things."
Dara felt dizzy. Everything feels so real, but the man infront of her right now is saying such absurd and ridiculous things.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol had just arrived at Eunji's house to check on Dara.
"What is that guy doing here? Why is he talking to Dara noona? How long has he been here? He didn't sleep here, did he?! Why aren't you answering? Answer me! Why aren't you answering?"
Eunji gave him a good slap on the head. "How am I supposed to answer? You just came here and you already have a million questions coming out of your mouth.
"Ouch.. that hurts..." he finally kept quiet.

"Let me explain it simply so you understand. Dara and Im Siwan will tell the world that they've been dating for three years, even though they really aren't. People will say they look so good together, they match each other well, and more. So... they will become more popular and more loved by the public."

The entertainment business is indeed like a jungle. And ordinary people like Eunji and Chanyeol will never fully understand why life is so complicated for these celebrities.

---

A/N: Sorry this took so long to update. :((

And thanks for the comments and subs! ^.^