5/6

Senpai for Valentines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm running a little late. Dad's in the hosp and I can only write in the evenings when everything's mellow down. but since I had a bit of time last night I was able to squeeze this one out. sorry if it isn't as fluffy as it should otl. my mind is in shambles atm

also., thank you for all comments and subscriptions. ;)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

A Day before Valentine’s Day.

 

Thursday. Sungmin had a full day of classes, which was a good thing because he could run away from Hyukjae’s constant nagging of getting Kyuhyun to at least notice him. He downright refused, the mere thought made him feel all clammy again, but his best friend seemed confident that he needed to talk to his crush to be able to get over his squeamishness.

 

“Trust me on this Minnie; you just need to talk to him! I was the same way with Hae baby before remember?” he said, signature gummy smile and all as he tried to convince him.

 

Sungmin huffed “But Hyukkie, back then it was plainly obvious that Donghae likes you too and both of you were just painfully beating around the bush before you finally plucked up the courage to go and ask him out, remember?” he crossed his arms. “Kyuhyun senpai does not even know I exist…”

 

“How will he know if you don’t show yourself? Besides you heard Ryeowook, he was curious what senpai means…and I bet he’s also curious about the person who called him that”

 

“But there could be a lot of other people who called him that! I’m not the only person who knows Japanese language!” he argued, his heart starting to beat fast at the thought of the older actually looking for him. But he wouldn’t! He was just probably curious of the sudden foreign language thrown at him…right? “He’s probably just taken by surprise…”

 

“Yeah, but you’re the only actual person who incorporates the honorifics in Japanese rather than Korean”

 

“….I can’t be the only one…” he tried

 

“Sungmin, is it really that difficult to think someone out there might actually have a crush on you?” Hyukjae stared at him closely as the blond averted his gaze. “It’s not impossible Minnie, you know it’s not”

 

He didn’t say anything. He heard his best friend sigh and scoot over, pinching and cupping his cheeks like he would whenever Sungmin was being the more hard-headed between them two and not listening. “Lee Sungmin, you are wonderful okay? You are precious and anyone you date are damn lucky bastards who would have to answer to me and Donghae if they ever hurt you, got that?”

 

Normally Sungmin would have pouted at his best friend for treating him like a freaking girl, but this time he couldn’t help but blush a little at his words. He smiled gratefully. “Thanks Hyukkie” he muttered softly, warmed by his sincerity.

 

That was this morning before they left for classes. Hyukjae had performing arts class while Sungmin had Literature. Of course that didn’t stop the text from him now and then, but at least that he could completely ignore.

 

What was his best friend even playing at, thinking he could handle something like talking to Cho Kyuhyun?

 

Ryeowook, who had this class with Sungmin, playfully pointed at his phone. “Hyukjae can be annoying huh?” he chuckled, noticing how another message came from the man. Sungmin grinned ruefully “You have no idea”

 

“What’s he harping on about anyways?” the shorter male asked curiously. Sungmin hesitated “He’s nagging me that talking to this…someone can overcome my shyness”

 

“Ohhhh, a crush?!”Luckily their professor had his back turned and probably didn’t care about students talking anymore as long as they do well on his examinations so Ryeowook could lean over to Sungmin’s table, interested. “Sungmin hyung, you finally have a crush!” Sungmin wanted to scowl at that. “So tell me, who’s the lucky guy?”

 

“Uhm, well---” he didn’t really want to tell Ryeowook because he knew Cho Kyuhyun now, and judging by the look on his face he was definitely going to side with Hyukjae and he was really hoping he could just forget about this crush thing but apparently it wasn’t happening so soon.

 

-XXX-

 

Kyuhyun slid down his seat, craning his hurting neck. Valentine’s Day and the day before it are always a horrible time for the math major, having to reject people over and over again. Sometimes he wished he had a record that he could just play whenever someone comes up to him to ask if he was free tomorrow. He groaned, but at least this would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter