[Dongwoo/fluff] When you spend a day with him at an amusement park

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

Coming out of the largest roller coaster in the park, Dongwoo and you laughed. That had been one heck of a ride. So far, this date had been nothing but pure fun.

"Your hair," Dongwoo laughed hysterically.

"Same goes for you," you pointed out at the mess the ride had created on top of his head.

You took turns in fixing each other’s hair so you at least looked presentable enough to continue going around the park. Dongwoo finished by placing a strand of your hair behind your ear and lightly tapping your nose, making you smile. Both of you started to walk and his hand immediately searched for yours until it found it, then quickly intertwined his fingers with yours. 

"What should we do next?" he asked.

"Maybe something a little less intense," you admitted. "My heart is still racing from that last ride."

He laughed. “Yeah, okay.” 

Something came into view that caught Dongwoo’s attention. It was one of those strength testing machines where you hit a ball with all the force you could manage, causing the ball to propel upward and hitting a bell, making it ring. The prize was a colossal-sized stuffed animal. “Oh! I want to try that!” he told you excitedly. He loved collecting those.

You nodded and he headed directly towards the machine. He paid for his chance and picked up the hammer in his hands. You clapped eagerly to cheer him on, and he smiled gaining more confidence. He lifted the hammer and hit the ball, sending it up with immense force. He watched as the ball went higher and higher. But it was just a tad not high enough. He seemed a bit disappointed about it but a smile quickly appeared on his face regardless.

"Ah, well. Maybe next time." He took your hand in his again and you continued to walk. 

A few feet ahead, there was another booth, and it made you happy as soon as you saw it. Even more when you saw they gave out the same prize as the strength machine. You used to play a lot at these booths when you were little.

"Dongwoo, let me try this one! I’m actually very good at it." Your sudden interest made him laugh a bit and he said, "Sure, let’s go."

You gave your money to the young lady running the balloon dart booth and she gave you three darts. The balloons were arranged like a bulls-eye, the outer circle was made of a few rows of white balloons, the second row was a ring made out of blue ones, and in the middle, there was only one red balloon: which got you the grand prize. 

Dongwoo watched you joyfully and cheered for you. You threw the first dart and it landed on a blue balloon. He continued to clap so you wouldn’t get discouraged. Concentrating, you pitched the second dart and you saw the red balloon pop. Dongwoo and you burst with excitement as the lady handed you an enormous stuffed panda. You got to his side and handed it to him.

"You’re giving this to me? Really?" he asked skeptically.

"I won it for you, silly."

He squeezed you in a tight hug. “Wow. I really have the best girlfriend in the world.” And coming from him, those words made you feel better than ever about yourself.

 

-tiffawol