[Sunggyu/fluff] When you talk about having babies for the first time

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

The new episode of “This is Infinite” had come out and Sunggyu and you decided to watch it together. Since you were still newlyweds but Sunggyu was always so busy, you took every chance you could to spend time together as husband and wife. You huddled closer together on the sofa as you watched Infinite interact with children.

Children. That was a topic you had been wanting to talk about for a while. You were always afraid to bring it up, though. Sunggyu was still focusing on his job as his priority and it hadn’t even been a year since you got married. Maybe it was still too soon.

But watching this episode made you want to bring up the subject even more. You paid close attention to how Sunggyu interacted with the kids. He was very awkward overall but he had good intentions. He tried tying one girl’s hair into a ponytail but instead got all her hair tangled, to which you giggled to yourself. She immediately left him for the other members and although he started nagging, you knew he’d been a bit hurt. None of the kids seemed to like him that much, only this one girl had said how handsome she thought he was. When Infinite was taking a picture with them, she was the only one to run into Sunggyu’s arms and pose happily for the camera. Seeing Sunggyu interact with this little girl made you feel all giddy.

The mental image was adorable. You could clearly picture your own daughter together, loving her father so much and only seeing him. Or maybe a little boy, asking Sunggyu to play outside with him, or even imitating his daddy at whatever he was doing. You were absolutely sure he would make a very good father.

"How did it feel being around kids?" you curiously asked.

He pouted a bit, obviously still hurt about it. “They were so full of energy. But I don’t know, I tried to get closer to them and they preferred any member over me.”

"But there was this one girl who picked you as her favorite. She even said you were handsome," you pointed, trying to cheer him up with the positive side of this. And hopefully, prepare him for what was coming.

"Yeah, she was so cute." He seemed to remember her and looked genuinely happy about it.

Swallowing nervously, you made up your mind. Time to start talking about this. “Wouldn’t you like… having one of your own?”

Your unexpected question caused him to blink hard a few times. His eyes got so big for a moment you didn’t recognize him. “Huh?”

His reaction made you a bit nervous. What if he found this stupid? He would obviously think it was too soon. Infinite was doing so well with promotions and everything. Adding a child to his life would mean more responsibility for him. Even though all these things crossed your mind, you decided to continue what you had started.

"Think about it," you encouraged.

"But, it’s kind of…hard right now. I mean we just got married."

"It would be cute."

"But it’s a huge responsibility. I’m not even in the middle of my career yet. It won’t be easy at all. You can still do a lot of things as well. Are you sure about this? Did you think it through?"

You got tired of his ‘buts’. “Sunggyu. It would be better to do this while we’re still young and full of energy. Don’t you like the idea of having your own kid admiring you and wanting to be with you? Watching your child grow…grow closer to you.”

For a moment, he seemed to reconsider. “But…are we ready? Will I be ready?”

Wrapping your arms around him, you placed your head on his chest. “You’ll be a great dad. You will do great, I’m sure.”

He rubbed your arm as you rested on him. Looking up to see his reaction, you saw him smiling softly as he had a vision of how things would be. “It would be cute to have my own kid who loves me…” With a slight nod, he said, “Okay.”

About to burst from excitement you squeezed him tightly and he laughed. “So…what now?”

You shot up from your seat and held out your hand. He looked at it and asked, “Where are we going?”. With your head, you motioned in the direction of the bedroom.

"You mean right now?" he asked.

You tried to contain your smile but failed and nodded. He shook his head in disbelief with a chuckle. Standing up, he took your hand. Looking at you again he suppressed a laugh, seeing how eager you suddenly were. He led the way to your bedroom where an unforgettable night would take place.

 

-tiffawol