[Key/fluff] When he's stressed and takes it out on you

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

Key’s been away ever since he woke up in the morning. Knowing it would be a busy day for him, you took the opportunity to secretly buy a ticket for ‘The Three Musketeers’ to surprise him in the crowd. Once you got back home from a long day of shopping, you decided to take a long hot shower to relax your body.

You hummed away songs you always heard Key singing while bathing when suddenly, you heard a car door closing. Excited, you quickly made your way to your room and got dressed. The ticket was in plain sight on top of the nightstand so you took it and after staring at it full of emotions, you put it away in your wallet. You heard the front door opening and you went to greet the person you loved the most in the world.

“Hey, you’re finally home!” you welcomed Key with a grin on your face.

He sighed. “Finally? I’ve been out the whole day busting my out there. It’s not like I go out to party,” he snapped. You flinched at his dry tone.

“I didn’t mean it that way,” you tried to explain but since he didn’t even looked at you, you kept on talking. “So I went shopping today and I bought something special,” you said in a singsong way.

He didn’t meet your eyes. “Oh, good. At least someone has time to waste in the stores”.

You frowned. Key was usually a super sweet guy, especially towards you. He never treated you like that no matter how sassy he always was. Your eyes stung by the familiar sensation of the tears that were threatening to come out but you tried to hold them in. “What’s wrong with you?” you asked feeling hurt.

“What’s wrong with me? You could’ve been supporting me but instead you just go shopping and bought ‘something special’. You think that’s right?” his tone got a little higher.

Without a word, you stomped to your room and slammed the door to let him know how mad you were. You didn’t lock it though, you just went to grab your wallet and got back out. You then couldn’t handle it anymore and let your tears escape. Key was still standing in the living room staring at you in confusion and shock. You marched right past him and through the front door you went.

“Yah! Where are you going?” he asked.

“To return my ticket cause I’m not supporting you!” you yelled back feeling childish. You just couldn’t help it. He was making you feel so bad. Key then must’ve realized what that special something was, so he ran after you.

“Hey, stop!” he commanded but you kept walking. “You’re on your pajamas, come on!”

“I don’t care, leave me alone,” you tried saying over the lump in your throat. Your tears were still there blurring your vision.

“Please, stop! Your hair’s all wet and it’s late, you’re gonna catch a cold!” He sounded worried but you kept walking. The footsteps behind you increased their speed until Key was standing in front of you. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know”. You didn’t meet his eyes so he grabbed your chin and forced you to look up. “I’m sorry, please forgive me. I’m just feeling so stressed because I kept messing my lines in the rehearsal. Seriously, I don’t know what got into me. I’m really sorry, okay?” he sincerely apologized and you immediately felt calmer.

“I can help you practice,” you said and it almost came out as a whisper. Key laughed whipping your tears with his thumbs and planted a sweet kiss on your lips.

“Come on, let’s dry your hair before you get sick,” he wrapped his arms around you and walked back home together.

“Next time you plan on bolting out of the house like that, wear cuter pajamas,” he joked and you punched his side making him whine. “I love you too,” he said and you laughed.

 

-joejoeelfish