[Onew/fluff] When you spend your first vacation together

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

For the first time ever you got to go on vacation with Onew. Surprisingly enough for the both of you, the company had decided to give SHINee a break after having worked so hard for the last year. Onew decided to spend that free week with his favorite person in the world somewhere special.

Earlier last year, he’d been to Thailand alone to film for a show and he’d fallen in love with the place so now he wanted to share the experience with you. His time there had been nice: nobody recognized him as SHINee’s Onew so he was able to relax and enjoy his stay. And now here you were together with him in Krabi, Thailand.

First order of business was to find somewhere to eat after the long trip. You went to a place that was familiar to Onew from his previous visit and ate to your heart’s content. You were just in time for checking in at the hotel when you finished. The place was beautiful and as relaxing as you felt.

Once in your room, you threw yourself on the comfortable bed and Onew followed. You let out a contented laugh, still in disbelief that this was actually happening, and he did the same, grabbing your hand in the process and bringing it close to his chest. He seemed just as skeptical about being with you here as well. It wasn’t that often when he got some free time, much less getting to spend it with you. He didn’t let go of your hand as he stared at the ceiling fan spinning on top of him with a grin and you took that moment to appreciate how lucky you were.

Being with Onew brought such joy to your life but because of his job you didn’t get to see him as often as you wished. Although you had to say, just the opportunity of meeting him was something you were so grateful for. Now, watching him carefree and happy filled you with complete satisfaction. All of a sudden, he sat down on the bed and looked at you.

Before you could even ask, he said, “Let’s go to the beach.”

You sat too and smiled in agreement. “I’ll get ready.”

Both got your things and he let you use the bathroom first. After you changed into your swimsuit, putting on a cute dress on top, and came out, he had already gotten changed. He had some swimming shorts and a simple t-shirt on, a pair of sunglasses resting on his head. You picked up a hat, putting it on, and sunglasses which you held in your hand. He helped you prepare a bag with some towels, sunscreen and other necessities.

"Ah, you look so pretty," he said as he got a good look at you, making you flush. He grabbed your hand and you headed out.

Once at the beach, you noticed it was extremely crowded. You got afraid anyone might recognize Onew and your peaceful vacation would come to an end.

"Onew, are you sure this is okay?" you questioned. "There’s a lot of people here. There’s a chance someone might recognize you…"

He squeezed your hand in reassurance. “Don’t worry about that here.” He led the way absolutely worry-free and found a spot with some nice shade where two empty lounging chairs were facing the ocean. He set down your things and sat down, waiting for the hesitant you to do the same. You looked around and there seemed to be no problem so you sat down and tried to relax. He put on his sunglasses and sat back, moving his feet excitedly. He reached for your hand and you let him grab it as he smiled while holding it tightly. You couldn’t completely understand how he could be so careless. You felt the urge to look around every 3 seconds now that you were exposed like this but he didn’t seem to mind at all.

He noticed how suspicious of everything you were and laughed. “Nobody’s going to recognize us here. Just sit back and enjoy the place.”

Obeying his orders, you decided to stop being so paranoid and trust Onew. After all, he had been here already. He knew the place better than you. Putting on your sunglasses as well, you laid back and focused on enjoying the warmth of his hand in yours.

He sighed, still with a huge grin across his face. “See? Feel better?”
"I guess I do feel a bit better," you admitted with a nod. He squeezed your hand and went back to relaxing.

"You there!"

You were the first one to jump at the sudden call in your direction. Why did this have to happen just when you had started to feel at ease? If anyone were to recognize Onew couldn’t it have been on your last day here at least? You heart thumped erratically as you feared your privacy might have come to an end so soon. Onew looked up a bit surprise but you were freaking out internally already and held on to his hand tighter and tighter.

"Yes?" he asked the young girl who came up from behind you two. Oh no, a fangirl. You got ready for the screams as soon as he said he was Onew from SHINee.

"That’s my chair!"

The both of you tried to process what had just happened. You looked at each other with a confused expression and then back at the young girl who seemed really serious about what she was talking.

Suddenly, a woman called her and with a scolding tone demanded she go back. She apologized and bowed, as the little girl went to her mom looking not so pleased. Onew and you burst into laughter at the incident but at the same time you felt relieved.
"I seriously thought our vacation had come to an end," you confessed. "You know I love you as Onew. But spending time with Jinki is something I don’t get to do that often."

He kissed the back of your hand and said, “And a week with Jinki is what you’ll get.”

 

-tiffawol