[Hoya/fluff] When you're his English tutor & he confesses to you in English

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

With their One Great Step world tour going on, you had been spending a lot more time teaching the Infinite boys how to speak English properly. You had to make sure they didn’t embarrass themselves on-stage and then blame you for it so you had them working for hours, making them practice writing, reading, and most importantly, their pronunciation. You had to say they were getting the hang of it…sort of.

Most of them complained after the first hour passed. Sungyeol was always the first to start.

“Why do we need to learn English? It’s not like I’m going to be using it for the rest of my life,” he repeated the same thing he said on every study session.

“Well then, explain to me how you plan to communicate with your international fans?” you demanded.

“Aish, I’ll just use body language. That’s international. I’m hungry.”

“I second that,” Myungsoo added. Sungyeol immediately stood from his seat, seeing how Myungsoo was backing him up and said, “Alright, let’s get something to eat.”

“Noona~,” Sungjong started. “We’ll be back as soon as we’re done I promise.”

“I would say something to them but, I’m actually kind of hungry, too,” Sunggyu admitted. Suddenly, Woohyun was next to you, grabbing you cutely by the shoulders. “We’ll bring you back something delicious~”

You let out a defeated sigh. “Fine. You guys have been working hard. Go.”

They all exited the room without hesitation, dragging Dongwoo along who was actually trying to learn your last lesson. When they called for Hoya who had remained seated, he said he’d rather stay and study. All the members were skeptical; including yourself, but no one said a thing. It always seemed to be this way, though. Somehow, every time the boys decided to run away in the middle of studying you were left alone with Hoya, who always said he wanted to improve his English. His company was something you’d began to grow fond of.

“Why don’t you go with them? Aren’t you hungry?” you finally asked out of curiosity.

“Yes but..…I’m doing this for our fans.” He paused way too long for a moment there so it seemed like he wanted to say something but halfway decided to change the subject.

“Something wrong?”

“I’m just a little nervous talking in English,” he confessed.

You chuckled. “Ah, you shouldn’t be. That’s why I’m your tutor; it’s what I’m here for, to help you.” He let those words sink in and nodded. “Alright so, where’s the assignment I gave you? What are you going to say to Inspirits on your next concert?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he said in English, with the cutest accent ever. You had to admit it made your heart jump and you felt the urge to pinch his cheeks.

“Easy there, Woohyun,” you laughed. “Seriously now, tell me what you want to say to them so I can check for errors.”

“I just confessed myself to you,” he pointed out, trying not to smile at how clueless you were. You stopped laughing. “What….are you serious?” you asked, unable to believe what he’d just said.

“Why do you think I stayed behind all this time?” he chuckled, amused at your reaction.

“I was thinking it was for the love of the English language.”

He laughed a bit. “Sure but…I like you more.”

You felt your cheeks get hotter than ever and suddenly he leaned in. You closed your eyes, feeling the nerves at the pit of your stomach, and felt as he gave you a soft kiss on your cheek.

“I’m guessing you’re saying yes to my question?” he teased. You scrunched your nose and tried to be mad at him for fooling you all this time but you couldn’t. Thinking back on all he went through to get to this day, you couldn’t help but smile. Suppressing a laugh, you nodded, and you knew he was more than satisfied with how things had turned out.

 

-tiffawol