[Dongwoo/fluff] When he's stressed out and takes it out on you

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

Since you knew Dongwoo was going to spend the day practicing, you decided to pay him a little visit to cheer him up and support him on his comeback preparations for Infinite H. You wanted it to be a surprise so you didn’t tell anyone a thing and you made sure he didn’t suspect anything. When you arrived at the studio, you could hear the music coming from the inside of the practice room. Smiling, you opened the door, prepared to see his surprised face as soon as you entered.

Inside the room, Dongwoo and Hoya danced to the music, their bodies completely drenched in sweat. Hoya was the first one to notice you arrive but didn’t stop. Quietly, you made your way to a bench and sat down. Suddenly, Dongwoo lost his footing and his timing was a bit off compared to Hoya’s. He stopped and let out a frustrated grunt. Hoya tapped his shoulder and Dongwoo looked up at him. Hoya motioned with his head for him to look in your direction. That’s when he noticed you were there and you waved enthusiastically at him. He grimaced and blinked a few times.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"Just wanted to cheer you up a bit during practice," you informed.

Hoya smiled. “That’s cute. Your girlfriend’s nice.”

"Yeah, but we’re really busy right now." He turned and went to start the song again. Hoya ignored him and came to your side to greet you properly. He started asking you what was going on in your life, since you hadn’t seen each other in a while. You eagerly answered his questions and even asked him some in return. He also explained what was going on at the moment. That Dongwoo was a bit stressed and mad at himself because he was having some trouble keeping up with the timing in the choreography. You looked at your boyfriend with concern and noticed a frustrated expression on his face as he counted the beats. He stopped, looking very unpleased. No wonder he seemed so snappy today, which was highly unusual.

You started to talk again with Hoya when all of a sudden, Dongwoo barked, “Hey! Did you come to cheer us up or to hold back our practice?!”
Hoya looked at him with surprise and disappointment, while your eyes welled up with tears at the realization that those words were directed at you. You grabbed your things and ran out of the practice room.

Already outside, you didn’t get to run much. You felt someone pull you by the arm and turn you around. It was Dongwoo, his eyes full of tears.
"I’m so sorry. I’m just frustrated and you were only trying to help. I don’t know why I acted like this but you know it’s not me. I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry." His words came out really fast as tears ran down his cheeks. He felt so nervous about losing you. With your hand, you wiped his tears.

"It’s okay," you assured him.

"I could really use some cheering up," he admitted. "Please, come back and watch us."

Giving him a light peck on the lips, you said, “I know you will do just fine. You always do.” He smiled his usual smile that you loved and hand-in-hand, the both of you walked back to the practice room.

 

-tiffawol