Tiny Thing and Love

Tiny Tokki

It was just a normal monday morning. Groaning as he was yelled at to wake up. Hating that he had to even get up in the first place. Dragging himself out of bed and slowly eating breakfast. Getting on the bus like every other student and face plant against the back of the seat in front of him and drown everything out around him until he got into his first class. 

 

The day went by normal. Math, history, the english language, physics, lunch with Kibum, gym, health and music theory class that he hated so much. Then it was soccer practice and weight lifting, and having to walk home because no one could even think twice about maybe giving him a ride home.

 

That's when it became more than just a regular monday. He was almost home when he heard the tiny scream and the russle of the dry autumn leaves against something small. Then came the soft whimpers, and he had to stop and double check to make sure he even heard them at all. He slowly and quietly walked over to the bushes and pushed them apart. He saw a giant maple leaf on the ground, alone, shaking. Two tiny pale hands were holding it tightly, and Minho's eyes widened as he realized they were indeed hands. 

 

He gently lifted the leaf, only to have it pulled down tightly. He pulled it with even more force, and it finally was lifted all the way. Curled up under it was a.. well he didn't know what it was. It looked up at him with almond shaped hazel eyes. It was holding his arm, which was limp in the grasp, as his two fluffy white bunny ears were droopy, as if mirroring his mood. His gaze was that of a hurt animal; scared and in pain, only wanting someone to show compassion to them. 

 

Minho didn't know what it was, but he did know that it was hurt and it needed his help. He knelt down and gently but slowly moved a single finger toward the creature. It was shaking, trying to curl up away from the advance. "I'm not going to hurt you."

 

The creatures eyes widened even more at how deep the boy's voice was, but something about those big doe eyes made the little thing trust him. So as Minho moved his finger closer, the creature didn't pull away, and allowed him to gently run his finger over his tiny head. He was about the size of a tangerine all curled up like he was, with a tiny white bunny's tail to match his ears. Minho slowly lifted him into his hand, and when the tiny thing curled up against his palm he softly smiled.

 

"Come now. Let's go get you fixed up."  He whispered as he ran his finger gently over the creatures soft ears. 

 

When he got home he got a container from the kitchen and filled it with warm water. The tiny thing wouldn't allow him to sit him anywhere, so he contented himself with sitting in Minho's shirt pocket as the boy moved around. Minho found a popcicle stick, a piece of ribbon and a small bandaid. He gently laid the creature into the water. 

 

It looked up at him with big, scared eyes. "It's a bath. You need to be clean before I bandage you." The thing seemed to understand what he meant, because when Minho gently ran a tiny cloth over him he hummed and allowed him to continue. 

 

Before he knew it he had the creature cleaned, and bandaged, a small sling holding up his tiny  broken arm. The thing yawned and after gently padding over to Minho across the boy's desk, he curled himself into the folds of his cotton shirt. 

 

Minho chuckled softly at how cute the little thing was. He had no idea what it was, or how it had gotten hurt, but he knew that it was going to stay with him. Something so small and innocent needed someone to protect it and love it, and Minho was going to be that someone. He gently scooped the little thing up and laid on the bed. When he laid it on his chest, it opened his eyes slightly and Minho could swear he saw a small smile appear on the tiny face as it shimmed up to just under his chin. It curled up one again, mindful of it's injury, and before Minho knew he heard the soft breathing of the tiny thing. 

 

"Later we'll investigate clothes for you." He whispered softly as he enjoyed the warmth the small thing gave. 


                                                                          xoxox

 

Minho woke up a couple hours later to see two small hazel eyes looking at him as it's good hand touched his lips. When it noticed that the boy was awake, it screamed and tumbled back onto his chest. Minho almost wanted to laugh, but then he realized that the thing had screamed, and animal's don't scream necessarily. 

 

"Sorry if I scared you." He said quietly as he slowly and gently sat up; causing the creature to have to be lifted slightly into his lap.

 

The tiny thing looked up at him, and his nose scruntched up slightly. He then clumsily slid out of Minho's grasps and with tiny wobbly steps made his way over to the end of the bed to where the boys bookbag was. He looked back at the boy once before dissappearing inside for a moment. 

 

"What are you doing in there?" There was slight russling, the crunching of papers and then a moment later Minho saw the tiny white puffy tail as the thing backed out of the bag. It was pulling out the squished muffin from lunch that he had forgotten was even in there.  Minho watched as the muffin was pushed over to him, and those pleady eyes looking up at him. "Do you want some of this?" The thing nodded enthusiastically. "You can understand what I'm saying?" Again another nod. "Can you speak?" 

 

"With....difficulty." Came it's soft, small voice. "Was... harmed."

 

Minho quickly closed his mouth and as he ripped open the package he asked, "By whatever did that to your arm?"

 

When he slid the muffin over the little thing smiled widely and began to rip of tiny bits of it in it's small hand. "I thought rabbits only ate carrots?" The small thing just stopped it's chewing and glared over at him. "Okay okay I get it. You like more than just carrots." 

 

"Jinki." Minho looked up from his phone when he heard the soft, small voice again. 

 

"Hmm?"

 

It took his hand and placed it on his chest. "Jinki." He repeated again.

 

"Your name is Jinki?" A small smile, and an enthusiastic nod. "Okay Jinki. I'm Minho."

 

"Min... ho." He smiled as Jinki looked up at him. The little thing picked a piece off the muffin and held it up. 

 

Minho shook his hand and chuckled slightly. "Eat all you want Jinki. I have to find some type of clothing for you."

 

"Wrong.. with this?" Jinki looked down at his flimsy, course pants and tank top.

 

"It's not very warm and comfortable."

 

"No trouble... for me."

 

Minho reached over and ran his finger over his tiny bunny ears just like he knew the small thing liked.  "It's no trouble at all." 


                     
Minho went and found some spare cloth and a needle. He 
knew he had some type of homework tonight, but tiny Jinki was more important than that. When he walked back into his room Jinki was sitting on his bed with one of his ears in his hand. He looked up as the boy entered the room, and Minho smiled at the fact one of his ears was now straight up and the other was still in his grasp. 

 

Minho set the suppiles on the desk and looked back over at the tiny thing. His small hand was high above his head and he squeaked to get Minho's attention. "Want to come watch me?" He smiled as he laid his hand down and the small thing climbed onto his palm softly. 

 

As he set to work he frequently glanced over at Jinki to see what the tiny thing was doing, and each time he was sitting where he was put, watching him work.  Minho found himself thinking everything about Jinki being cute. From his teeny tiny little nose to how it scrunched up. From how small his tiny hands really were, and how fluffy his ears and tail were.

 

After working for about 30 minutes, he smiled as he held up the finished product. "What do you think?"

 

Jinki looked at the pair of pants that were laid in front of him. He turned them over and asked softly. "Hole.. for tail?" 

 

"Wouldn't want it to be squished in there." Minho answered. "Here, let me help you into them." And after his tail was pushed through the tiny hole he wiggled his making the boy laugh. Then the shirt was softly pulled over his head, his injured arm gently put through the hole, and Jinki just looked down at the clothes for a moment.

"Love." Jinki said.

 

"What?" 

 

"Love." Jinki repeated as he looked up. He ran over to Minho and wrapped his tiny hand around his flimsy shirt, and rubbed his chubby cheek against it. "Love." He whispered. 

 

And Minho's heart ached slightly as he brought his hand to hold the tiny thing against him softly, in what was a hug for the two of them. 

                                                                         xoxox