Chapter 1

Heterochromia

It was spring again. The crisp scent of grass and soft rustling of trees was something Dongwoo always loved.

Spring had always been Dongwoo’s favorite season. There was just something about how the fresh spring air gave everything a fun magical feel that never failed in making Dongwoo jump in his heels with giddy.

Woohyun had mentioned once about Dongwoo being spring himself – that being within his presence never failed in giving people hope for humanity and to take everything life offers with a wide smile and a promise to do their best.

Dongwoo laughed it off because he was nothing of the sort but both Woohyun and Sunggyu only gave him a soft loving smile before Woohyun changed the subject.

Dongwoo’s wide gummy smile never left its place as he walked towards school. Usually he and Sunggyu would walk together but Woohyun graduated middle school months ago and enrolled in the same high school as them. Dongwoo was very excited because this meant the three of them would be walking together again like the old times.

His smile widened even more when he remembered the younger’s beaming face as he held his acceptance letter in his hands – the three of them celebrated the younger’s success that night.

Right now Sunggyu was fetching his boyfriend and they promised to meet at the intersection near their school.

“Oh my god.” A breathless gasp stopped Dongwoo in his tracks. He looked up and his eyes widen in awe and in horror – In front of him stood a very beautiful girl with long chocolate brown hair freely flowing in the wind.

It wasn’t her beauty that managed to surprise Dongwoo – but it was her eyes.

They were the exact carbon copies of Dongwoo’s.

 

“Hyung you okay?” Dongwoo jumped slightly from his chair before staring back at Woohyun’s worried eyes. It was already lunch time and the three friends were seated at a table in the corner of the cafeteria.

Dongwoo released one of his famous boisterous laughs before smiling widely at the younger. “What’s with that expression?  Of course I’m fine. What made you think otherwise?”

“Nothing really, just that you have been quiet since this morning and you haven’t taken a bite of your food.” The younger playfully pouted but it didn’t escape the dino how the younger’s usually cheerful midnight blue eye paled – making it a sea blue color – and his red eye darkens into a fiery one.

Dongwoo looked beside Woohyun and towards Sunggyu and sure enough, the older was glaring hard at him – his red eye ablaze that had Dongwoo gulping in slight fear – blaming him for the somber mood of his usually cheerful soul mate.

It was something that Dongwoo always envied. Unlike most people, Woohyun and Sunggyu’s eyes had always been unique. Both pairs of eyes were connected to each other and they usually expressed what the couple was feeling.

Like that time when Woohyun first saw Sunggyu, [it was Woohyun who first saw and approached him] his blue eye was sparkling considerably and when Dongwoo looked back to Sunggyu’s blue eye, it was also sparkling – while both of their red eye was normal in color.

Dongwoo sighed deeply before releasing a strained smile. “I,” he paused. Seeing as he has now both Woohyun and Sunggyu’s attention, he gathered enough courage and continued. “I met my soul mate this morning.”

He could clearly see how both of the soul mates eyes widen and a grin emerged from Woohyun’s face, his blue eyes practically glowing along with Sunggyu’s red eye and Dongwoo was once again rendered speechless by how breathtaking both their eyes look like, shining purely together.

“You’re not kidding me right?” Woohyun squeaked and after seeing Dongwoo’s smile and nod he laughed joyfully –truly happy for his best friend – and shook Sunggyu lightly, who was still looking at Dongwoo in awe.

“That’s great!” Sunggyu congratulated after his initial shock before narrowing his eyes towards the dino. “Is it just me or are you not as excited as you should be?”

Dongwoo sheepishly smiled and looked down on his food, finally taking a piece of meat and shoved it in his mouth.

“Dongwoo-“

“There he is! Hi soul mate!” a cheerful high pitched voice interrupted Sunggyu and all three of them whipped their heads towards where the voice came from and was surprised out of their wits (but no one was more surprised than Dongwoo.)

The call came from the girl Dongwoo met earlier this morning. She was waving cheerfully at Dongwoo, showing rows of perfect white teeth while tugging at the handsome man beside her.

The handsome man who was looking deep at Dongwoo’s eyes with morbid fascination and utter shock.

The handsome man who had the same eyes as the girl and Dongwoo.

The handsome man who appeared to be Dongwoo’s soul mate as well.

Dongwoo’s heart was beating faster and faster by the minute, out of joy, anticipation and something much more.

His only problem was he had no idea whom his heart was beating for.


A/N: /rears head from behind a big rock/ hi everyone! Sorry for this short and crappy update… major plot twist right? It wasn’t supposed to be there but I don’t know about my dear brain – it suddenly concocted that…

Hope this at least satisfies you.

Don’t forget to tell me what you think~ *^^* /crawls back behind the rock and commencing hibernation/

Edited by rumourhasit12~