Introduction

Heterochromia

Dongwoo was born with the most beautiful pair of purple eyes.

Before you jump to all kinds of conclusions let me just clarify this is normal for them. Dongwoo lives in a world where your soul mate’s left eye has the same color as your right eye.

And this fact was what worried Dongwoo’s parents the most because why aren’t Dongwoo’s eyes mismatched?

This phenomenon is what people fears about because it only means one thing – you don’t have a soul mate. And not having one equivalents to being worthless and only a waste of space – most of them are killed at a young age with their parent’s permission or, if their parents insist on keeping them, they commit suicide due to peer pressure or loneliness.

The bottom line is they don’t usually live long.

After the doctor confirmed both of Dongwoo’s eyes indeed have the same color, his parents decided they’ll wait for three years until they take action – most likely getting rid of Dongwoo if his eyes don’t change by then – no matter how precious Dongwoo is to them.

Because what’s the point of taking care of a child who is frowned upon the society and won’t even benefit them? All it’ll give them is heartbreak and more heartbreak

They could only pray this would never happen because Dongwoo indeed have the most beautiful pair of purple eyes, and it’s such a waste.

 

Dongwoo’s earliest memory was when he was at the age of two.

He was staring at his reflection at the mirror in awe, touching his left eye that was once purple in color – it was now replaced by a dirty shade of hazel green.

He remembers shouting at the top of his lungs for his parents while still staring at his left eye, admiring its beauty.

As much as how he was confused by the changing color of his left eye, nothing confused him more when both of his parents burst into tears after seeing his left eye and engulfing him in a tight hug, especially since he doesn’t remember doing anything that may warrant his parent’s attention to that extent.

It would be later when he fully understood why his parents were acting like that, but it’s a story for some other time.

 

Dongwoo met his first friend and would be best friend at the age of five.

His name was Nam Woohyun and he was a year younger than him. Woohyun’s right eye had an enchanting color of midnight blue and his left eye a scary blood red.

The both of them were waiting at the kindergarten for their parents who were late in picking them up making them the only students left.

Woohyun was the one who approached him first, complimenting his beautiful purple eye (Dongwoo was already used to people randomly coming after him just because of his purple eye, his parents had always said they were very beautiful – but really, in his opinion his green eye is far more captivating.) Dongwoo laughs at him and complimented back on Woohyun’s enchanting right eye. Both of Woohyun’s eyes turned into crescents when he smiled and thanked him.

They were in the middle of talking about an anime they both enjoy watching when Dongwoo’s parents arrive. The two kids bid each other good bye and exchanged promises to meet again tomorrow.

Needless to say it was the start of a budding friendship.

 

Woohyun met his soul mate when they reached elementary school.

His name was Kim Sunggyu and he was in the same class as Dongwoo, making him a year older than Woohyun.

Just like Woohyun, Sunggyu has the same pair of eyes – that would turn crescents whenever he smiled like his greasy soul mate – except that the placement’s opposite from Woohyun’s.

They were the most perfect looking couple. Not only do they complement each other physically, they also fit each other personality wise – Woohyun’s easy going and crash attitude balancing Sunggyu’s too serious and calm personality – Dongwoo couldn’t have been happier for his best friend.

But this only makes him wonder more how his soul mate is going to be like. Would he be greasy like Woohyun? Or reserved like Sunggyu? Or both? Maybe if he’s lucky his soul mate would be someone who shares the same interests as him, he doesn’t necessarily have to be handsome or pretty.

But whatever it is, there was one thing Dongwoo is positive of.

He would love him regardless what.

 

Dongwoo met the person with same eyes as him in the spring of his junior year in high school.


A/N: this chapter is more of like an information one. I just wanted to explain how this soul mate thing works and also a little bit of Dongwoo’s life. The story would officially start when Dongwoo and Hoya (will be called Howon here) have met.

Hope you liked this and please tell me what you think *^^*