TY 5 : DINNER DATE

To You (Saranghago Shipo)

It was friday and it was also the same day that Chanhee was seeing Ljoe for dinner. He didn’t know why he had agreed to this, but he knew that the fact that he was somewhat comfortable to be with, it helped ease his mind a bit. Maybe a change of company might help me a bit… he thought optimistically.  

He did his usual meetings, e-mails, reports and status reports of his projects. By the end of the day, he was exhausted and wanted to just curl up in bed, but he remembered that he had dinner plans.

Picking up his coat and bag, he walked out of his office and bid goodbye to his loyal secretary.

“Oh hyung-nim you’re leaving early today?” Ricky asked surprised because his leaving earlier than usual today.

“I have dinner plans with a friend tonight” He replied bluntly.

“Niel??” Ricky asked for confirmation with not so amused face.

Chanhee just smiled at Ricky. “Anyong Ricky!! Don’t stay too late tonight you still have to leave tomorrow morning. Say hi to Chango for me.” Then he waved and leaves quickly. He also got some questioning stares from the other staff from his department but he ignored it all.

As Chanhee walked to his car, a thought wondered in his mind. It’s been 2 months and I haven’t seen her…or even him. I only had a glimpse of him twice after the quick briefing at the airport. I wonder if they’re trying to avoid me as well.

He clutched his fist and gritted his teeth. Chanhee was still angry that even after two months it still managed to hurt his heart whenever he thought about it. It still angered and wounded him. It was getting into him every day and he doesn’t know how to end it.

Chanhee headed home and went straight into the shower. He had a nice long warm shower and came out only in his boxer. After that, he walked to his closet, trying to decide what to wear. I should’ve asked where he wants to dine…

He decided not to think about it anymore. Chanhee took out a simple black skinny jean and pair it with stripe top. He also put on a green thin sweater just in case he will feel cold later on. (just imagine chanhee's outfit during the hidden camera episode where Ljoe supposed to hug him 10 times.)

Chanhee walked to his destination and felt rather nice because the weather was just right tonight. He reached it after a good ten minutes and looked around for a familiar face. Finally, He spotted a familiar figure standing by a corner as he leaned against a pillar.

“Byunghyun-shi?,” he doubtfully asked, walking towards him.

Ljoe looked at him and smiled.

Chanhee was relieved he thought he might mistaken someone else. “You did not inform me that your red hair now, I almost did not recognize you.”

“oh.. yeah, I just dyed a month ago after I went back to the US. It doesn’t look good on me?” Ljoe shyly asked.

“Ani.. It’s weird but it does look good on you” Chanhee said, and then he takes time to glance at the other guy. He was wearing eyeglasses on with a semi-formal outfit.  (Just imagine Ljoe’s outfit during LOVEFOOL MV). Byunghyun looks really handsome he thought. “Am I late?” he asked, trying to shake off his thought earlier.

“No, I’m early,” Byunghyun joked with a bright smile. “Thank you for accepting my invitation.”

Chanhee extended his hand and Byunghyun shook it. “Pleasure’s all mine,” he said sincerely. “So where do you want to go?”

Byunghyun looked around embarrassed. “To be honest, I’m not really very familiar with Seoul anymore, so I was hoping you would choose. I’m expecting I have a great Tour Guide with me tonight.”

“I’m flattered,” Chanhee admitted, not looking at him. However, a few seconds later, he looked at him. “Well then, should we eat first and have fun??”

Byunghyun just stared at him and nodded.

Chanhee, who totally oblivious to the other guy staring at him. “Which cuisine do you choose, Byunghyun-shi?”

Byunghyun looked at him innocently and then let out a sigh. “Chanhee… you can just call me Ljoe now. I like it better. Where friends now right?”

Chanhee thought for a while and quickly snapped. “Ok Ljoe, since you just got here a few days ago… I know you might want some great Korean cuisine. I know a great place. I’ll lead the way.”

They walked for a while in silence until they reached their destination. Ljoe looked at the place and smiled. “Great Place..” he asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

Chanhee smiled at him, “I know. They also served delicious Korean food here. Shall we?” he asked, tilting his head lightly.

“Sure, after you.” Ljoe gestured for Chanhee to enter first.

He is handsome and has manners too, Chanhee thought walking past him and entering the restaurant. Impressive. 

Chanhee looked around for a vacant table and his eyes fell upon one near the big window that overlooked the port. He walked towards the table with Ljoe following him and they sat on the chair opposite each other.

Chanhee looked around the restaurant and realized most of the customer now where couples. It’s the first time he enter this place again since the event two months ago. “I never knew that it would be this crowded today.” Chanhee murmured in regret.

Ljoe nodded, “I like the music they have on the background though,” he said indifferently, still going through the menu.

“Have you decided yet what you want to eat?”Chanhee asked Ljoe, looking at him.

Ljoe looked at him and smiled. “Of course.”

The waiter came to their table and placed two glasses of water. The waiter smiled at Chanhee recognizing him. Chanhee smiled back at him. They gave their order and the waiter walked away. Chanhee looked at the window while thoughts of the past hunt him back.

“It’s nice to be back in South Korea,” Ljoe said, looking at the view from the window and smelling the K-food aroma.

“So, Ljoe. What brings you back here in South Korea?” Chanhee asked sipping from his glass of water.

“Well, I had a long and boring business conference. The company I work for has a division here and they send me here for a few months,” Ljoe said as he nibbled on a piece of bread the waiter had brought. “Unfortunately, I do a lot of trips with my job, which is very tiring,” he sighed tiredly, but smiled at Chanhee after that.

“I know what you mean. I get to do my share of trips in my job too.” Chanhee picked a piece of bread and played with it.

“Ok. Let’s not talk about work. What do you like to do Chanhee, on your free time?” Ljoe inquired curiously.

“Sleep!” Chanhee laughed at his answer. He couldn’t believe that he was so boring lately. Nowadays he always want to work or just sleep so that he can just stop thinking of anything else that hurting him. Am I that pathetic?

“Hehe... That’s nice Chanhee, I would love to sleep on my free time too.” Ljoe laughed full-heartily.

Their food was brought at that moment and they conversed lightly about various things. They finished eating after an hour and Chanhee tried to stifle a yawn.

Ljoe laughed lightly. “Either I am boring you or you are very tired,” he said finally placing his hand on the receipt.

“No... Sorry... You are not boring me. I just didn’t sleep well last night.” Chanhee admitted embarrassed. He caught sight of Ljoe hand moving towards the receipt and Chanhee moved his hand to it but he grabbed Ljoe instead. “It’s my treat, as a welcome dinner for you here in Seoul” he said eyeing the red haired guy. 

Ljoe chuckled at his tone of voice. “That΄s not debatable Chanhee” he said half serious and took the receipt.

Chanhee lifted his eyebrow at Ljoe’s statement.

“I’m the one who invited you for dinner, not the other way around,” Ljoe smiled warmly.

Chanhee was captivated by his smile but didn’t show it. He is really sweet and a gentleman non the less.

Ljoe got up from his chair and Chanhee followed suit.  Ljoe opened the door for him and walked out of the restaurant together, side by side.

“OK… since you paid for our dinner tonight, I’ll pay for the rest of tonight’s event.” Chanhee insists as he dragged the red haired guy around place in SEOUL.

They first went for an hour of KTV and went for some Coffee. Then, Chanhee dragged Ljoe for a late night shopping. Chanhee was surprised that Ljoe style is different from what he expected to be.  Chanhee secretly asked for Ljoe opinion on a best gift for a guy friend and mentally debating to himself to invite Ljoe to Minsoo’s Party. After a few hours they decided to go home.

“I will walk you home Chanhee,” Ljoe said in a tone that was not to argue. Chanhee nodded and they began strolling the street towards Chanhee’s apartment. Chanhee’s phone vibrated with 3 messages. He checked it while Ljoe was beside him.

FROM: Niellie

How’s your date? Did you invite that Ljoe guy?

 

FROM: Niellie

IF YOU WON”T BRING HIM, I WILL IGNORE YOU FOR A MONTH CHANHEE!!

 

FROM: Niellie

OH DON”T FORGET TO BE EARLY TOMORROW AND BRING MINSOO’s GIFT. ARASSO??? GOODNIGHT!!

 

Chanhee just turned off his phone and mentally cursed at Niel. He glanced at the red haired beside him but he was just peacefully looking at the streets they were walking.

As they stood by the door, Chanhee looked at Ljoe and smiled. “That was refreshingly pleasant,” he admitted, bowing. “I enjoyed your company, Byun… I mean Ljoe.”

“Thank you for accepting my invitation, Chanhee.”

Chanhee nodded and thanked him again and they stared at each other for a few minutes before Chanhee gathered all his strength and asked softly. “ hm.. Ljoe, are you free tomorrow night??

“Of Course!!! I mean its weekend so I have nothing to do but sleep….” Ljoe said excitedly.

“You see my best friend is having a party tomorrow for his lovers’ birthday. Do you want to come??” Chanhee asked shyly while looking at the elsewhere aside from Ljoe.

“Sure!!! It’s always nice to meet new people especially if they were a good friend of you Chanhee.” Ljoe smiled.

Not all my friends were good Ljoe. Chanhee wanted to correct Ljoe but he just ignored his thought. “See you tomorrow Ljoe.. Goodnight” he said instead and waved before he walked into the elevator to his apartment.

“Goodnight Chanhee!!” Ljoe waved back as he stared at Chanhee’s back.

How I wish I can change those sad eyes on you Chanhee….. Ljoe murmured softly before he decided to leave into his apartment too.

 

*************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for waiting... I have not posted it yesterday since I don't have any internet connection... Mianhee!! I hope you like our chunjoe date though.. Don't forget to comment.. Thank You angels!!!!