TY 1 : Hearbroken

To You (Saranghago Shipo)

Lee Chanhee washed his face thoroughly and finally looked up into the mirror. Frowning, he noted how puffy his eyes were and how his cheeks looked so hollow because he hadn’t eaten in days. If he had been looking into the mirror a week back, he would’ve looked into the face of the powerful and confident Lee Chanhee. However, today, he was looking into the face of a scorned and hurt male who only wants to love and be love by another male too. Yes, he is gay, and everyone knows about it.

Chanhee smashed the mirror and looked down the sink. He so wanted to throw up, but he knew it would be useless because he hadn’t eaten in days. The strong façade he showed everyone was just a lie. He was hurt now and He wanted to scream.

He was so hurt…

He walked out of the bathroom and went straight to his room. He flipped through his closets nonchalantly and just pulled out anything decent for the day. He decided that it was time to go to work and face his demons.

Pulling on a pair of workpants and a white polo shirt with his suite, he wore his black leather boots and then went to his dresser to apply some BB Cream on. He knew he needed a lot of it today.

Finally, when he was done, he walked out of his room and walked straight out of his house to his car. He was going to work earlier than others and he needed to sort through stuff that he had missed in the past week.

 

 

--------------------

“He’s here,”

“He actually came in today…”

 

Chanhee ignored the whispers as he walked into his office, which was the vice presidents office of the marketing department he worked for. “Ricky, I want a status on all the reports of the previous week,” Chanhee ordered, looking at the shocked secretary.

“Yes Hyung-nim” he said with a bow.

Ricky knows that his boss was so kind but he still don’t know why it must be happened on him. He feels piety on his lovable boss. Chanhee was good to him who treated him like a brother than his secretary.

Chanhee turned around and headed back into his office, focusing on his work. He ignored the looks and he certainly ignored all the other comments. He heard Ricky scolded the other staff for making gossips, He mentally thank his loyal secretary for that. He was here to work. He didn’t care about anything else.

But he knew he was going to snap any minute, and if it wasn’t for that call…

“Why did you go to work today?”

Chanhee sighed into her telephone and frowned. “Did Ricky tell you I’m in already…” he said, rubbing a weary hand through his brown-blonde hair.

“Ani… I heard everyone making a fussed about you when I entered the building”

Chanhee sighed as he heard his only dearest best friend now. Ah Daniel who work in the same company as him but in another department which is 6 floors below his office. Niel is the supervisor in the Human Resources Department that’s why he knows how to read people especially Chanhee.

“How do you feel?” 

“Worse,” he mumbled, leaning on the couch. “So Worse.”

“Have lunch with me.”

Chanhee looked at his clock and realized it was past noon already. He had been so buried in his work that he didn’t realize it was so late and it was then that his stomach reminded him that he was hungry. “Not today.”

Niel cleared his throat and spoke again. “Chanhee…. I’ll ask Ricky to bring you snack and you should eat it. Arasso!”

“Yes, Eomma!” Chanhee countered to the flaming Niel on the other line.

“Have you seen them?”

“I have a lot of work now, I will talk to you later tonight,” he said, hanging up on Niel. He didn’t want to give him the chance to argue with him. ‘Them’ was still a bitter subject and ‘them’ was something he did not want to hear or talk about.

He turned around to face his desktop and resumed to his work, ignoring his growling stomach. Ricky brought him a sandwich and a drink. But he just took one bite. By the time he was done or realized he was done, it was 7 PM and he only realized it was late because it was dark outside.

Chanhee let out a sigh and shut down everything. He leaned against his chair and closed his eyes. That wasn’t so bad now, was it? He thought sarcastically. All you had to do is ignore everyone around you…

He tried relaxing a bit, but suddenly shuddered when a flashback hit him. He immediately shook his head and stood up. I do not want to be reminded of that event.

Chanhee gathered his things and walked out of his office. He still saw Ricky on his desk.

“Are you still waiting for Changjo?” He asked him.

“Ne. Hyungnim” Ricky respond lively but change his mood immediately when he noticed Chanhee’s gloomy eyes. “I’m happy that your back Hyung-nim. Fighting!”

Ricky has been loyal and lovable secretary. Chanhee envied Changjo for having Ricky. He is one of the few people he looking forward to work in this company.

Chanhee just smiled and replied with a wave. He was thankful that it was his weekend tomorrow. He wanted to see if he could survive the office before hitting it full force next week.

Walking out, he let the cool night air hit his face. He inhaled deeply and looked around. It was a quiet evening and not a lot of people were on the streets. He had decided to park a bit far away from his building, so he could get some peace. He walked to his car, got in, and decided to call it a night.

--------------------

AUTHOR NOTE: 

Thank You for Reading my first chapter.... I hope you like it... Please do leave some commets..........