TY 4 : Nosy Niel

To You (Saranghago Shipo)

Two Months Later

“Chanhee, bring your friends Arasso?” Niel and Chanhee were out a snack to plan Minsoo’s small weekend birthday party.

Chanhee looked at him sadly, but then smiled.

“You are my only friend, Niellie,” he answered, unfolding the napkin and placing it on his lap.

“How about you’re cute secretary Ricky? I like him”

“Niellie.. don’t try to tease my secretary again besides he already have a boyfriend and he said he don’t want to see you again. Chanhee chuckled.

“He is just too cute… can’t control myself to pinch his adorable cheek every time I saw him.” Niel giggled while imagining Chanhee’s cute secretary.

Chanhee scolded Niel to stop making fun and teasing his loyal secretary.

“Since Ricky is not available, you can just invite your BOSS or your other female staff too.. I won’t mind.” Niel stressed out seriously trying to get some reaction from the other.

Chanhee looked back at him with the same serious gaze he was giving him. He knows that Niel is just teasing him but it still a sensitive issue. “Molla… I have so much workload so I try not to mingle a lot these days at the office Niel,” He finally admitted.

Niel folded his hands and leaned his chin on them. He is trying to let Chanhee let go of his real feelings since last 2 months. He knows him a lot, Chanhee is being in denial lately with his real feelings and Niel is getting worried if he really have let go. “You know, maybe if you are more honest to your own best friend, I might help you..”

He shook his head, picking up his menu and began reading.

Niel poked the other forehead playfully and made Chanhee look at him. “I’m still here Chanhee, your other best friend and you can always make new friends that you can trust.”

“Like the last one helped so much?!” he snapped loudly, his face heating up.

Niel stopped talking and stared at him worriedly.

“I’m Sorry Niel… But your already enough for me, I don’t need new friends” Chanhee let out sighed when he realized he just shouted at him. He knows Niel just cared for him but he just got angry at him lately like he has anything to do with the past event. Chanhee put his menu down. He looked away with an emotionless look on his face. “Can we just eat Niellie.”

“We haven’t ordered yet,” he said wryly, reaching to hold his hand. “You’re still bitter and heartbroken, Chanhee,” he remarked, squeezing his hand trying to let the other know that his sincere. “You need to talk about it. You’ve been ignoring the subject since day one.”

Chanhee snatched his hand and shook his head. “I don’t want to.” If I ever talk about it then it means that it happened. If I ever talk about it then it means it means that it’s true. If I ever talk about it then … I will break down crying again. He thought.

Niel was going to speak, but the cell phone ring interrupted them. He looked at his phone, but noticed that it wasn’t ringing, so he knew it was Chanhee’s.

Chanhee looked at it and frowned, not knowing the number. He picked it up and decided to answer anyway. “Hello?”

“ Lee Chanhee?”

Chanhee hesitated, but answered, “Yes?”

“It’s Ljoe?”

Do I know Ljoe? Chanhee thought, trying to skim his memory. “Umm…”

The other voice from the line chuckled. “Oh.. I think your more familiar with Lee Byunghyun..We met in a conference in Hongkong Two months ago, I promised I would stay in touch.”

“Oh Ljoe-shi,” Chanhee said, remembering him. He is the orange haired young man that gave that interesting lecture.

“This is a surprise,” he admitted, picking up his glass of water and sipping it while Niel ordered something.

“I’m glad it is a surprise then,” he said. “I’ve wanted to call you for a long time, but I have been in the US for the past two months, but now that my feet are firmly on South Korea ground for a while, I decided to call you.” “Oh.” “Will you have dinner with me?”

Eh? Chanhee thought taken aback… Is he asking me out? He looked at the phone. He frowned, looked at Niel who was eyeing him curiously and then back at the phone. “Dinner as a …?”

The othet guy on the line laughed, which was a production of a mischievous voice to Chanhee's ear. “I’m asking you out to dinner as an acquaintance and as my tour guide, Chanhee,” he said, after he laughed.

Chanhee pursed his lips together and frowned even more because he knew he had embarrassed himself. Not to mention the teasing stare he got from Niel in front of him. However, he remembered something. “Ljoe… How old are you?”

“Based on my calculations…” he murmured mischievously. “I should be a month your junior.”

“What calculations?!” he snapped, annoyed at the way he had said it. Did he search for my birthday?

Byunghyun laughed again. “I am only teasing you, I read your info before at the conference.” he chuckled softly. “Besides, I have not been in South Korea, I might get lost. So do you want to be my tour guide?”

Chanhee was fuming, but he admitted that he did want to see the orange guy again. “Fine,” he mumbled. “When and where?

They planned meet at Friday Night.

Chanhee hung up the phone and just stared it. “That was unusual.”

Niel took the bowl of fries and placed it in front of him. “Did you just get yourself a date?” he asked, eyeing him to see if he would give off any reaction. He studied him more and realized that he looked as confused as his question, so he decided to just drop it. “Anyway, how is work?”

Chanhee looked grateful at the change of subject.

“It’s… it’s alright, I guess,” he answered. Work is terrible, Niel. Everyday I’m there anticipating with a panic every time I’ll bump and talk to him… that’s what he wanted to say, but he just couldn’t.

Niel let out a sigh and only wanted to slap those two traitor senselessly at this stage for hurting his bestfriend. Chanhee was so built up inside that the other wasn’t sure how it would ever break. At the same time, Niel admired him a lot because he was very strong. Only Niel had seen this side of him and he wished that his best friend would find someone who can love and see him for the way he is. He hoped that he could find a person that might be able to get closer to him than he was. “I worry about you, you know.”

“I know,” Chanhee said, smiling at him. “Thank you, Niellie. You help me more than you realize it.”

“I’m glad,” Niel said thoughtfully, picking up the menu and handing it to Chanhee. “Now order something and let’s eat.”

After a few hours, they already finish their snack and shopping and headed home. Chanhee drop Niel at his shared apartment with Minsoo.

“Thanks for shopping with me Chanie.. How I wish I can spy at your date this Friday but I still have a lot to prepare for Minsoo’s party.” Niel teasingly said.

“Niellie…. It’s not a date…” Chanhee rolled his eyes at Niel for the nth time.

“Deny it all you want…. But it’s a date..” Niel insisted and snapped at him. “Oh, since you’re friendless on weekend beside me, just invite this Ljoe guy at Minsoo’s party. The more the merrier and I want to see this guy too.”

“Niel…..”

“Arasso?? Lee Chanhee!” Niel pointed in his eomma mode that Chanhee can’t refused.

“I’ll try…. I’ll invite him.. happy??” Niel just smiled and waved cheerfully at Chanhee and closed the passenger door of the car.

Chanhee sighed and started his car to his own apartment. A small part of him is looking forward to meet Ljoe for the 2nd time since the Hongkong lunch.

*****************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I think my story is getting a slow pace.. i hope you like it though... I try my best to update tomorrow since it's valentine's day at the same time, Chanhee and Ljoe will have a date too.. so yeah... Niel's right it's a date.. kekekke... Don't forget to leave a message... and thank you so much for my new subscribers... ^3^