There are just some things that can't be explained.

The 3rd Cubicle

Jinki went to his office earlier than usual to start doing some paperwork. School festival is nearing after all. He needs to sign papers here and there and being the student council president isn’t really an easy task at all.

He went to his PC to open it and check some documents but he noticed that it’s already switched on.

“That’s strange… I could have sworn I shut this down yesterday…” He told himself.

He moved the mouse and when the screen appeared, the photos of Kibum welcomed him.

“Stolen shots of Kibum? Where did these come from?” he scrutinized the photos one by one, “…and what is this?” He zoomed in the photos and noticed the figures behind Kibum in the photos. He sat back on his chair and sighed,

“Someone’s playing a prank on me.”

He went out of his office and made sure to lock it properly. He then headed towards the camera room, where the monitors of the security cameras are located.

The cameras record the school 24/7 so he thought that it’s the best way to find out who played a prank on him. The sleeping guards at night might not be able to determine who it was, but at least the high definition cameras can.

He knocked on the room.

“Ahjussi…”

A middle-aged man came out of the room, “Ah, Lee Jinki-ssi, what brought you here?”

“I just want to check something in the school cameras… Can I go in?” Jinki answered politely.

“Sure, sure go ahead. I’ll just go out for a while; I need to run some errands. Lock the room after you’re finished, okay?” The middle-aged man smiled.

“Okay ahjussi” Jinki smiled back. The man then left and closed the door.

Jinki scanned through the recorded videos yesterday.

“hhmm… let’s see…” He toggled the controls here and there to check everything and everyone who goes in and out of the school and who passes by the hallway.

“Aha!” He blurted while pausing at a certain part of the video.

“What are these three guys doing there in this time of night huh…?” He told himself. He zoomed in to the faces of the boys who are roaming around the school late at night.

“Oho! It’s Jonghyun, GD, and Seungri! …and they’re heading to… my office?” Jinki’s eyebrows curled as he toggled the control to make the video proceed at a slower rate.

“How the hell did they open my office? They didn’t even have the keys…” Jinki can help wondering how they managed to open his office. He fast forwarded the video just a bit the moment the three entered his office.

“Oh, they’re going out now…”

He watched as the three walked calmly out of the office, with Jonghyun seemingly irritated.

“Acting as if nothing happened eh?”

He continued watching the video just to check if someone else walked into his office. He fast forwarded the video once again reaching the time 03.30am.

When he noticed that it’s the only the guard who’s roving is in the video, he decided to stop but something caught his eyes, making him want to continue watching.

He was surprised to see someone else in the video. It’s weird that it’s a girl, and the video keeps shaking… but he was even more dumbfounded when a pair of round eyes appeared and it seems like it’s staring at him directly.

Jinki immediately took out his flash drive and began copying the video. When he’s finished, he went out of the room and locked it.

He put a hand on his chest, “What was that?” He sighed deeply.

“Anyway, I must go and talk to those three later.” He then went on his way.

The school bell rang signaling the start of classes.

He was about to enter his classroom when someone bumped into him.

“Ya! Watch where you’re going!” The other cursed.

“Excuse me?” Jinki looked at the three who seemed surprised the moment they knew who they bumped into.

“Jinki…” Seungri mentioned.

“At least you know my name.” Jinki raised an eyebrow. “How many times do I have to tell you to not run in the hallway?”

“Whatever Jinki.” Jonghyun scoffed and did his trademark hair flip.

“Jonghyun… stop cursing me in your mind. I can hear your thoughts very loudly and clearly” Jinki replied as-a-matter-of-factly.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“I need to talk to the three of you in my office by the way. It’s about what I saw in the security camera... What were you doing in my office and most especially why were you at school last night?” Jinki said while going into the classroom, followed by the three.

“What now?! First you put a halt to our little adventure, then delete our personal files, then now you want to talk again?! What else is there to talk about?! You already got what you want right?!” Jonghyun said with an annoyed tone.

Jinki went inside the classroom, followed by the three, and faced them with a confused look. “Adventure? Deleting personal files? When did we talk?”

“Oh come on Jinki. Don’t play dumb.” Jonghyun answered; GD and Seungri were nodding along. “Yes, we were at school last night, and was indeed roaming around but then you stopped us halfway when we were about to go to that cubicle. You know, the one with yellow tapes?”

“I suppose you’re telling the truth since your thoughts say the same thing… but honestly, I was never here last night… I went out early. that’s why I’m wondering what you were doing here late at night and why you went into my office and most importantly, how you managed to enter inside. I’m pretty much sure I locked it…”

Onew looked at them seriously.

“Jinki. You’re the one who opened the door to your office for us. You’re the one who told us to follow you, and above all, you were the one who scolded us for planning to go the cubicle, and getting our phones and deleting our photos.” Jonghyun explained.

“Jonghyun’s telling the truth. You told us that we shouldn’t go into the cubicle and intervene with it since the principal declared it as ‘Restricted’” GD followed up. “You even scolded me for being older and not being able to stop them from doing it.”

“…But that’s impossible… I swear to death guys. I was never here last night. I was at Kibum’s house. You can go and ask him to confirm it if you want.” Jinki called Kibum who is doodling something on a paper, “Kibum!” Jinki waved and gestured to him to come closer. Kibum complied and went to them.

“Tell them where I was last night…”

Kibum bobbed his head to the right and told them plainly, “He was in my house… cooking… chicken.”

Jinki slightly blushed at Kibum’s statement.

“Chicken?”

“Why did he have to go to Kibum’s house just to cook chicken?”

“What’s up with chickens?”

“and why at Kibum’s?”

“I envy him though…”

The three giggled at themselves while thinking things.

“YA! I can hear you!” Jinki announced.

“Oh… surry…” Jonghyun said with a slight grin on his lips, trying to hold his laugh back. He cleared his throat and started, “How do we know that Kibum’s not lying? That you two did not talk about it?”

“You could talk to his mom if you want to Jonghyun, here I’ll call her for you” Jinki took his phone out and started dialing Kibum’s mom’s number but Jonghyun stopped him.

“N-no no no no… Fine I believe you.”

“What? You have a problem with Kibum’s mom?” Jinki teased.

“No… it’s just that…” Jonghyun played with his fingers and kept looking at it then at Kibum who only have a plain expression like the usual and was staring at him.

GD shoved Jonghyun’s face and butted in, “ANYWAY… How do you explain that the three of us saw you and talked to you last night?”

Jinki shrugged and began to think deeper.

Kibum went to his desk and took the paper he was doodling into. He went back to the four who are clueless and laid the paper on Jonghyun’s table surrounded by them.

“What’s this?” Jonghyun asked.

“A sketch obviously.” Seungri answered sarcastically.

“I know that babo. I mean why are you showing this to us?” Jonghyun emphasized.

“Doesn’t this scene look familiar to the three of you?” Kibum looked at them.

They all shrugged. Kibum just sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Look, at the first panel, there’s the three of you in front of my desk…” Kibum began to explain.”You were checking out the window and was talking about that figure I keep seeing on that tree. Can you remember now?”

They all fell silent at first. “AAAHHHHHHH…” they began when they remembered.

“The second panel is depicts the three of you heading to the cubicle with yellow tapes…”

They all nodded along while Kibum is explaining every detail of his sketch.

“Then someone stopped you from doing so.” He continued.

“Yeah it was Jinki.” They all looked at the president who pointed at himself and shook his head vigorously.

“Yeah, it wasn’t Jinki. It was someone else.” Kibum agreed and showed them the sketch of the true face of that someone they talked to last night.

The four of them were awestruck. They didn’t expect to see this at all.

“B-but that’s impossible! That’s a girl… We all know that this is an all-boys school… and we’re pretty much sure the person we talked to was Jinki…” Seungri exclaimed.

“That’s what this girl wants you to see that’s why…” Kibum pointed at his sketch.

“But still…” The four of them were eventually in deep thinking mode. GD began to speak up, “How did you know all of these?”

“I dreamed about it.” Kibum answered nonchalantly.

“Dream?” The three answered with confusion written all their faces.

Kibum opened his mouth to explain but a teacher came into the room.

“Sorry I’m late class. I’m Jang Geun Suk, your substitute teacher. Mr. Park is on his sick leave so I’m going to take over his class. Any questions?”

The whole class stared at him in awe and was totally quiet.

He flashed his smile at them and said, “None? Shall we begin then?”

“We’ll talk about this later. Let’s all meet up in Jinki’s office after class.” Kibum whispered and went back to his seat. Everyone settled down and the class began.

-----

~~**ding**~~ ~~**dong**~~ ~~**ding**~~ ~~**dong**~~

The bell for the end of the class rang. All the students started to go their ways, here and there, running here and there which, once again, caused a headache for the president.

“Eish these kids… How many times do I have to tell them to not run in the hallways?!” He told himself while scratching the back of his head.

Someone poked and distract him from his thoughts though. “Ya. I thought you said we’re going to continue that conversation in your office?” GD questioned.

“Aaahh… yeah yeah. I can’t believe you will sacrifice your lunch time just for this” Jinki teased.

“Well, it’s interesting.” Seungri answered.

“It’s also the only way we can talk to that friend of yours. Never really heard him talk that long. I love hearing his voice.” Jonghyun added.

“You surprise me Jonghyun. Your thoughts are exactly what are coming out of your mouth. Very admirable—I just hope there’s no any meaning beyond your statements…”

Jonghyun just smirked in response.

 Kibum went to join their group soon after.

“So shall we go?”

They all followed Jinki to his office. “Please sit comfortably.” He stated as he goes to sit on his chair. The three sat on the couch where they sat the night before and Kibum sat on the chair in front of Jinki’s table.

“So… shall we continue?” GD demanded. “How did you know about all these Kibum?”

“I told you, I dreamed about it.” Kibum said plainly.

“Dream?” Seungri repeated.

“Oh come on, don’t with us.” GD retorted.

“It will never happen don’t worry.” Kibum scoffed.

“Mwo?” GD opened his mouth to say something but closed it immediately when he realized he’s got nothing to answer that. He just resorted to murmuring things under his breath.

Jonghyun sighed. “Kibum. As much as I want to believe you, there’s just nothing enough that can make me believe that what you’re saying to us right now came from your dream…”

“How do you explain Jinki’s mind-reading ability then?” Kibum shrugged.

Jonghyun fell silent in his seat. Kibum stood up and went beside Jinki and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“There are just some things that can’t be explained with science or anything… and we must accept that. Now if you still don’t trust my words, I think it’s better for you to just step out of this room because you’re just wasting our and your time.”

The three didn’t speak for a while but their curiosity took over and Seungri began to clear this throat, “P-please just continue explaining. Who’s that girl? The one who imitated Jinki…”

“That, I don’t know… I keep seeing her in my dreams though… It’s either she’s hurting someone or she’s being hurt by a crowd… being laughed at… I don’t know the whole story my dreams are kinda blurry lately…” Kibum explained to them calmly.

“Is it possible that… The person we talked to last night was a… a…” Seungri is held back by his own words.

“A ghost.” Jonghyun continued for him. Everyone looked at him. “I heard a rumor… Someone died in this very school many years ago… I don’t know the whole detail though… That’s all I know…”

“So you knew something and didn’t tell us one thing?” GD retorted.

“Can you blame me? I wasn’t sure of it, I don’t have any proof, plus the fact that you two are such scaredy cats… Do you really expect me to tattle it to you?” Jonghyun answered back.

“W-we’re not scaredy cats…” GD cleared his throat. “We’re just easily shocked.”

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Someone’s knocking on the door quite loudly.

“Gah!” GD and Seungri caught each other in a hug. Jonghyun gave them the what-was-I-saying-again look.

“Jinki? You there?” A voice on the other side of the door asked.

“Yeah, come in.” Jinki answered. The door opened, revealing two figures which obviously belong to Junhyung and Yoseob.

“Oh, sorry to disturb you, we just came to bring you these.” Yoseob said as he hands Jinki a document.

“Annyeong Kibuuummm~” Junhyun waved and was heading to Kibum to hug him but Yoseob shoved him to the side and beat him to it causing Junhyung to slightly hit the wall. He then wrapped his arms around Kibum, “Aigooo~ How are you Kibum? Sorry I’m a bit busy lately I can’t be with you~”

Junhyung pushed Yoseob to the side this time and hugged Kibum in place of him.

“Aiyoo.  That Yoseob isn’t a good hyung anyway. Let me wrap you in my tender embrace~”

Kibum just stood still and kept his poker face just like the usual and sighed.

“All right you two enough of that!” Jinki separated Junhyung from Kibum. “Now if you’ll excuse us, we still have something important to discuss in here.”

“Troublemakers?” Junhyung asked pointing to them.

Jonghyun, GD, and Seungri glared at him and Junhyun returned it to them.

“Eish, it’s none of your business. That’s enough Junhyung.” Jinki pushed him and Yoseob outside the door. “But I’m the VP I must know—Jinki! Ya! Wai—“ Junhyung complained but Jinki shut the door before he can even complete his sentence. Jinki inhaled and exhaled deeply after closing the door.

“Are you sure they are members of the student council?” GD questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes. Believe me or not, they are. They are just as stubborn as you three.” Jinki pointed at them one by one as if counting them.

“Ya! What do you mean by that?!” Jonghyun snarled.

“Hey guys? We’re getting off-topic here.” Kibum clapped his hand.

“Arasso, Arasso… Please continue then.” GD gestured crossing his arms on his chest.

“So if what Jonghyun heard is true, then it could be the only explanation behind all these things…” Kibum spoke.

“So… You three aren’t responsible for these pictures?” Jinki turned the LCD to them showing them the photos of Kibum.

“Ya! Give that back to us!” Jonghyun demanded. He then covered his mouth the moment he noticed that Kibum saw the photos. He then glared at them. “You… took photos of me…?!” He walked to them, getting nearer and nearer to their seats.

“Wae?” Kibum never removed his glare at them. He walked closer and put his face right in front of Jonghyun’s. “Who gave you the permission to do that?!”

If there’s anyone or anything that could make Jonghyun scared, it’s Kibum. “I-it’s… s-supposed to be stolen… S-so… we don’t actually need a-a… p-permission… right?” Jonghyun laughed nervously.

“…and you still have the guts to answer sarcastically huh?” Kibum smirked.

“I-it’s not the only one that matters though… We… we saw something else in those photos… T-that’s why…. We were curious and… w-went to school at night…”

“Mhhm…” Kibum tilted his head to the right and scoffed. He went away from Jonghyun and sat once again on the chair in front of Jinki’s table.

“Yeah… that figure behind me right? Apparently, it’s been following me… and I always knew that there’s something that’s following me. My best advice would be to keep mind your own business. Do you know that saying? “Curiosity killed the cat.” …and I’m afraid if you won’t stop intervening with things such as these, you’re going to get yourselves in a huge trouble—trouble that you might not be able to handle. Unless you’re prepared to face all of these?”

“O-of course! I study here so it matters to me. To us!” Jonghyun answered. GD and Seungri nodded in agreement.

“First of all we will not investigate the way you did.” Jinki declared. “We will just gather information from old news articles, books, internet maybe, or some people who might know. That’s the best way to know. I’ve been curious about all of these anyway. I’m just not talking about it as much.” Kibum nodded.

“So… when do we start?” GD asked.

“Whenever you like.” Jinki answered.

“How about we have a little bet?” Jonghyun proposed grinning suspiciously.

“What is it this time Jonghyun?” Jinki answered reluctantly.

“Whoever collects information the most gets to date Kibum.” Jonghyun nodded towards Kibum.

Kibum gave him a confused and disapproving look.

“Come on, it’s the only way we can make this more fun.” Jonghyun continued.

Kibum looked at Jinki and signaled “no way”.

“I can’t trust you with this… This is way too immature…” Jinki stated clearly.

“Aw come on! You’re no fun.” Jonghyun pouted.

“I really don’t like this idea.” Jinki replied.

“Whatever! I’ll definitely take Kibum on a date one day!” Jonghyun insisted. “See you later, baby.” Jonghyun winked at Kibum which he replied with a disgusted look. The three then went out of the office.

“They can be reliable for this sort of things… right?” Jinki questioned his own decision.

“I don’t know Jinki. We’ll never know…” Kibum replied.

-----

It’s late at night and Minho still kept practicing at the football field. He took the coach’s scolding to heart and wants to improve more when they lost that game earlier. He’s the team captain after all and he can’t possibly turn his teammates down.

When he finished practicing, he went to the shower room to refresh so he could go home and just sleep afterwards.

“Whoa… I’ve never been this late at school before… I have to be honest… It’s kinda creepy.” Minho told himself while rubbing his arms.

While showering, he doesn’t know why, but every time he closes his eyes he can see an image a girl. She has a long black hair with full bangs and a pretty face....

Minho immediately opened his eyes and curled his eyebrows, “Who was that?” He shrugged and continued shampooing his hair, closing his eyes once again.

This time he can see the girl being beaten up by lots of girls and some guys, and this girl is begging for help.

“Now that’s weird!” He opened his eyes once again. He immediately finished taking a bath and changed his clothes.

He packed his gym bag and prepared to go home shrugging the thoughts he had earlier just a little bit… but it keeps coming back so he sighed.

“If only I can draw, then I can draw her face and maybe ask someone who might know her… Unfortunately enough, I’m not much talented with drawing.”

Just as he went out of the shower room he heard a voice—a singing voice to be precise.

[here :D A/N: don't worry it's just a song :)]

“What was that? Is there someone else in this school?” He thought and started wandering to the music room. He opened the door only to find out that no one’s there. He searched for the source of the voice but no one’s there. He can’t find anyone.

“Whatever… I think I just need to rest. I should really go home.”

When Minho turned around, something caught the corner of his eye outside the window.

“Oh no! He’s heading for a cliff!”

Minho rushed to a boy who is about to fall on a cliff. Apparently, there’s a cliff at the back of their school which is supposed to be off limits so there are yellow tapes there, but when Minho looked, the yellow tapes have all been cut.

“Ya! YA!” He yelled to the boy. He held on to him and turned him around. He shook him.

He gasped when he found out who was it. “Taemin?”

Taemin seemed out of it. When he finally came back to reality he didn’t know how to answer. “M-minho hyung! I… I was…” Taemin kept blinking at Minho.

“What were you thinking?! You were about to fall to that cliff!” Minho scolded him.

“I… I really don’t know… My friend told me she’s going to show me a beautiful thing… but then… I really can’t remember…” Taemin answered innocently.

Minho sighed. “What friend? You were alone…”

“But…” Taemin tried protesting but Minho stopped him.

“No buts. Let me just take you home, arasso?” Minho insisted. “Where do you live?”

“I… I don’t want to go home… I’m alone there. Mom and Dad are on a business trip… I’m scared…”

“You’re scared at home and you’re not scared here?!” Minho exclaimed.

“I’m sorry…” Taemin whispered in defeat. “I have a friend here that’s why…”

“Do you want to stay at my place tonight? I’m worried about you…” Minho proposed.

“Really hyung? It’s okay with you?” Taemin’s face lit up. “Are you sure I won’t be a bother to you?”

“It will bother me more if I’m just going to leave you leave you alone like this. So come on.” Minho smiled gently at him.

“Thank you hyung!” Taemin beamed and hugged him. Minho returned the hug and ruffled his hair.

[----------------------------------------------------]

A/N:

I'm really really sorry for not updating for so long... =.=

I will not attempt to give an excuse.... I'm just really sorry =.=;;;;

I just hope you enjoyed this chapter. ^^;;;

I didn't proofread this so forgive me if there are mistakes. ^^;;

So to answer that trivia question I gave on chapter 4, the face I used for the main image is none other than Lee Jinki's :DD

That gif up there isn't mine btw. It's from the infamous horror movie, The Grudge. :DD credits to the owner of that gif :)

Comments and Subscribers are always welcome and appreciated.

Thank you to all of you. I owe you a lot!

Hello there and i love you you~~~! :3