Window Guy and Mind Reader

The 3rd Cubicle

A sound of the whistle.

“Ya!!! Stop right there!!!” A stout guard who is holding his pants securely, chased after three boys who are running towards the school gate.

“Jonghyun!!! Can’t you be any slower?!”

“I… why do you run so fast?! Dammit!!!” the boy huffed.

“Stop fighting you two! Just run!” the third boy spoke up.

“Climb the gate, fast!”

The first boy threw his bag over the school gate and then climbed over it without breaking a sweat.

“Come on Jonghyun! We do this every day, and you’re still not used to it?!”

“Jiyong just shut up okay?! Don’t you know how many hours I slept last night?!”

“I don’t care dude just get over the gate already dammit! AND DON’T CALL ME JIYONG! It’s GD.” Jiyong replied.

Jonghyun gave him a death glare and then threw his bag over the gate and then climbed over it.

“Seungri what are you looking at?! Climb up!” Seungri stared over his back expecting the guard who was chasing them a while ago.

“Keke, good thing he’s a big fatass.” Seungri smirked then climbed up.

The three of them ran inside the school.

They ran through the hallways to get to their classroom.

“Ya! No running in the hallways!” The student council president yelled. “And wear your proper uniform!!!”

The boys ignored him and were just chuckling while mocking the president. The president just shook his head in hopelessness.

“Saaaaaffeeeeee!”  Jonghyun said while stretching his arms to his sides as they reached the classroom.

In this classroom, you can see a sleeping boy, some who are talking to each other, some are checking out girls in their laptop, a boy trying to finish his homework, and an aloof boy who’s just staring out the window.

They went straight to their seats and slouched. GD placed his feet on top of his desk and Jonghyun put his headphones back on. Seungri’s eyes were taken to the backside of the room.

He nudged GD then poked Jonghyun and nodded towards the boy who’s sitting at the back beside the window.

“Look at that guy; he’s at it again… I don’t know what he’s looking at outside but he’s always out of it... Doesn’t he get a stiff neck?”

“Beats me. If I were you I wouldn’t dare talking to him… He might just bite me off.” GD shrugged.

“Such a waste…” Jonghyun added. GD and Seungri stared at him in awe.

“What?!” Jonghyun defended.

“We never knew you swing that way…” GD told him.

“Well you can’t blame me… He’s such a beauty.” Jonghyun complimented.

Seungri and GD looked at the guy who seems to have his own world and not care about anyone at all.

“You’re quite right there…” the two nodded.

“Do you even know his name? I remember he was introduced in our homeroom but since he never talks to anyone I can’t remember…”

“Whatever man. I think it’s best to not get close to him, he might just transform into something else, we’ll never know.” GD laughed at his own joke and Seungri chuckled along.

Jonghyun just shrugged.

---

“Oh no! I slept while doing my homework last night! Eottoke…” A young boy kept scratching his head trying to figure out the answers on his Math homework which was left untouched.

The young one bit his lip and kept tapping his ballpen on his notebook. He then sighed in frustration.

“I can’t understand anything!”

The boy stood up and went around the classroom and asked everyone.

“E-excuse me… do you know how to--” but he was cut even before finishing his sentence.

“The hell! Stop disturbing us kid! Shoo!” The other boy gestured to him to go away. He pouted and scooted to another group of boys.

“Uhm excuse me? Can you help me solve this?”

They were boisterously laughing and didn’t even notice he was there. He tried repeating his sentence over and over again but they didn’t even care to reply.

He sighed once more and went over at a sleeping guy. “He might know…”

“Excuse me…” He poked the sleeping guy, but there was no response.

“Excuse…me…” He poked once again, but there was still no response.

“Excuse me!” He said out loud and shook the boy. The boy woke up squinting and glared at him.

“Who are you to disturb my sleep huh?!1?!1!” The boy ran away and hid under his desk.

The other boy calmed down and went back to sleeping.

When it was safe to come out, he sat on his chair and looked around once more.

“There’s no one left…” Just then his eyes caught a boy sitting at the farthest back side of the classroom beside the window. The other is staring outside, looking at a distance...

“I guess it won’t hurt if I would just try…” He went to the 'window guy' (a/n: since he looks outside the window oftentimes, I would refer to him as 'window guy' but he will soon have a name;D)

GD, Seungri, and Jonghyun stopped laughing when they noticed the boy go near the 'window guy' and started gossiping with each other.

“Whoa! That kid’s brave!” Seungri announced.

“I hope he doesn’t lose an arm.” GD added.

“We’ll see.” Jonghyun observed.

“Uh… uhm… excuse me… hyung…? I-I’m sorry, I don’t know your name… but will you help me with my Math homework? You see I’m a bit troubled… and… well…”

'window guy' kept ignoring him and continued staring outside the window.

“Please… you’re my last hope… I don’t know what to do…” the young one desperately begged.

'window guy' looked at him and stared at him for like forever then grabbed the pen he was holding and began answering the boy's homework like he’s some kind of a computer. When finished answering he went back to look out the window again.

The young one’s eyes widened in amazement. “Ommo… you were able to answer it just like that?!” He stared down at his notebook and hugged it. He bowed at the “window guy” and beamed at him.

“Thank you so much hyung! My name’s Taemin by the way. Mind if I ask you yours?” He smiled at him.

'window guy' stared at him once again before answering, “Kibum…” then went back to the window for the nth time.

“Nice to meet you Kibum hyung! See you around!” Taemin bowed once again and skipped happily back to his seat.

“ommo! ommo! ommo!” Jonghyun, Seungri, and GD were taken aback with what just happened.

“SO HE TALKS!!! “ Seungri said outloud.

“Well I’m just glad that kid didn’t lose an arm...” GD mentioned.

“Meh…” Jonghyun stood up and went to Kibum.

“hey.” He called, but Kibum refused to look at him.

“I said heeeeeeyyyyyyy.” Jonghyun knocked on Kibum’s desk but he still won’t look at him.

“Why won’t you--!”

“Okay, class settle down, we’re going to start the lessons.” Their teacher came and everyone allayed in their seats but Jonghyun continued disturbing Kibum.

“Jonghyun-ssi, please take your seat if you don’t want me to drag you on it myself.” The teacher glared at him.

“Y-yes Mr. Jang.” He gave up and retreated to his seat.

“Minho-ssi.” Mr. Jang called.

“Minho-ssi.” He called again, but the boy continued sleeping.

“CHOI MINHO! I’ll give you detention!” Mr. Jang yelled and Minho was alerted and stood up, saluting at him. “Sir yes sir!”

Everyone laughed at him while he blushed undeniably. He sat back down on his seat and scratched his head.

“See you in detention later Minho-ssi. I know you’re a student-athlete, but you’re a student first before you’re an athlete! Know your responsibilities!” Mr. Jang affirmed.

“Y-yes sir…” Minho replied.

 A knock on the door.

“Ah, Jinki-ssi, you’re here.” Mr. Jang greeted.

“Sir, here are the attendance papers for the other day and here are some of the papers that needed to be checked.” He said as he handed the papers to the teacher.

“I was just going to tell you to get me this… It’s like you read my mind! Anyway, thank you Jinki-ssi, you may take your seat.” Mr. Jang patted Jinki on his shoulder.

“Psh. Student Council President my . What a up.” Minho whispered to himself.

A boy beside him heard and nudged him, “Haven’t you heard of the rumors?”

“What rumors are you talking about?” Minho asked.

“It’s rumored that he can read minds. He already knows what you’re thinking even before saying it…” the boy told him.

Minho thought, “If he can read my mind, why didn’t he react with what I said earlier?”

“Because I just don’t want to bother myself with some lowly comments, thank you.” Jinki suddenly answered his thoughts.

Minho’s eyes widened in astonishment and just stared at him thinking, “How did he know what I was saying?! No… this can’t be true…”

“It’s true all right.” Jinki answered his thought once again.

Minho put his hand on either side of his head, “No! Stop that!” he said, freaking out.

Jinki smirked and went back to face the whiteboard.

“Choi Minho! What’s your problem?” Mr. Jang asked him.

“N-nothing…” Minho tried to calm himself down just a bit and took in a deep breath.

Mr. Jang nodded slightly convinced and continued writing on the whiteboard.

“Okay, turn in your homework.” Mr. Jang announced.

Jonghyun, GD, and Seungri facepalmed themselves.

“We have homework?!” Seungri yelled.

GD and Jonghyun shrugged.

“Jonghyun-ssi, Jiyong-ssi, and Seunghyun-ssi, what’s the problem? You didn’t do your homework again?!” Mr. Jang pointed out.

"It's GD."

"It's Seungri."

both of them corrected.

Mr. Jang glared at them even more.

The three fell silent.

“You shall be joining Minho-ssi in the detention later.” Mr. Jang assured.

The three just groaned.

“but I don’t wanna be with that alien!” Jonghyun said while pointing at Minho.

GD and Seungri just laughed.

“Mwo?!” Minho stood up and raised his hand.

“It’s either you stop that or I’ll have to add the hours for your detention later.” Mr. Jang announced.

Minho sat down and glared at him while the trio grinned towards him.

---

~*riiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggg*~

The bell rang after hours of lectures from Mr. Jang.

it's break time.

"Let's go now Jjong, come on!"

Jonghyun ignored his friends' calls and went straight to Kibum.

His friends just stared at him.

"Ya! Will you just stop doing that?!" He said tapping Kibum's desk.

The latter didn't respond one bit.

"Ya!"

"..."

"YA!!!"

GD and Seungri laughed their asses off as Kibum continues to ignore him.

Jonghyun sighed.

"You know, nothing will happen if you'll just keep staring at him." Jonghyun mentioned.

"At him?" GD and Seungri looked at each other. Seungri shrugged.

Seems like his statement caught Kibum's attention since he turned to him.

"You can see him?" Kibum spoke to him at last.

Jonghyun's friends just listened intently to the two of them.

"A very hideous-looking guy; he has a big laceration on his face with a beard and ripped clothes and his body is bleeding with many cuts, and he's sitting on that tree right?" Jonghyun  described as he points to the tree near the window.

"So you can see him..." Kibum spoke and looked back to the window once again.

"see what?" GD butted in but no one answered him.

"Yes but I just don't give a okay? Will you just get over it and have lunch with us? Come on! I'm irritated by that man's face... he keeps waving at me..." Jonghyun insisted on Kibum.

"Wait wait! What can you see?!" GD interjected.

"If you can't see, don't dream on seeing it dude." Jonghyun explained.

GD scratched his head and Seungri's eyebrows just curled in confusion.

"I saw him in one of my dreams..." Kibum nonchalantly stated.

"Dreams?" Jonghyun repeated.

Kibum nodded.

"Kibum let's have lunch! Let's go!" Jinki called out to him. He stood up with a blank expression and went straight to Jinki's direction then they went out together.

"What's up with that?! That boy gives me the creeps..." GD stated while rubbing his arms.

"I never knew he's friends with the president..." Seungri mentioned.

"Kibum..." Jonghyun whispered.

[-------------------------]

this chapter is more like an introduction of the characters... and there's gonna be more of introductions in the succeeding chapters (but not much though). ^^ I hope you're not bored or anything. ^^

thank you everyone~