Nightmares are just normal things for me

The 3rd Cubicle

“N-no! Stop this! W-who are you?!” A young boy questioned as barbed wires start to surround him.

“Why are you doing this?!”

The walls have started cracking and from the cracks flow lots of blood; the doors of the restroom keep closing and opening and a gush of wind blew.

“You… have intervened with something you mustn’t… ”answered the girl whose half of her face is covered with her unkempt hair and half of it is bleeding. You can’t see but a black on her eye and she’s crying blood, which flowed non-stop down her cheek. She is wearing an extremely ripped school uniform and is barefoot.

She walked slowly to the boy who keeps stepping backwards, not removing his eyes on the girl.

“D-don’t…”

“…scared now are we?”  A smirk is slightly revealed on her lips.

“GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” The boy screamed at the top of his lungs as the wires covered his body, piercing through his skin little by little.

The girl, now looking deranged laughed insanely.

The boy was lifted up by the wires; his blood now starting to flow down his skin and his uniform is now torn into pieces. The girl stared at him blankly.

The wires now started piercing through his neck until he loses his breath and he was left hanging before his cold body was released to the floor.

The restroom returned to its normal state and everything out.

Then suddenly…

“Hi Kibum.”

---

Kibum woke up with his wide feline eyes; beads of sweat are covering his face.

He immediately sat up and grabbed his pencil and sketch pad on his bedside table then immediately sketched the faces he saw in his nightmare.

He hardly had any good dreams that sometimes he thinks he’s so used to it that he isn’t afraid of it anymore; but still there are those dreams that gets into him—like this one.

 His dreams were always about the people around him—things that are bound to happen to them or in some cases, have already happened; but he doesn’t know all of these people… He records all of these dreams by sketching them right after waking up so now he has a collection of it in his room; some are posted on his wall and some are kept in a binder. His room isn’t anything far from the norm but that is the only unique to it—his drawings.

He doesn’t know where, when, and how he got this ability, but all he knows is that his nightmare from the night some time ago came true when he woke up one morning; then it was followed by a lot of scenarios that’s why he began recording all of it before he forgets it.

**knock knock**

“Kibum, sweetie? Are you awake? Jinki’s here.” His mom called.

“N-ne…” He simply replied. He stood up and opened the door for them.

“Good morning Kibum~” Jinki beamed brighter than the sun outside.

Kibum’s forever blank face greeted back and nodded in response. “Good morning…” He said weakly.

“I’ll just go down to make breakfast for you, okay boys?” Kibum’s mom smiled at both of them then turned to Jinki, “I’ll leave Kibum to you~” then she went down to the kitchen.

Jinki went into Kibum’s room without even asking him; after all he has been into his room several times and it seems like their home is his second home.

“Any new sketches? Nightmares? I can’t read your mind… but after being your friend for so many years I can pretty much guess you have one.” Jinki smiled softly at him while sitting on Kibum’s bed.

Kibum sat beside him and showed him his new sketches. Apparently, Jinki is the only one who knows his ability, and he’s the only one he trusts with the stories about his nightmare and drawings. Jinki accepts him no matter how creepy or uncanny his stories and drawings are…

    

Jinki tried analyzing the sketches, “Hmm… His eyes are covered but this person seems familiar… I just can’t put my finger on it…” He thought about it for a long time but eventually gave up. “Why can’t I remember? Ugh. This is so frustrating…”

“Never mind… You don’t have to interpret everything I've drawn… It’s not your responsibility… don’t worry… Let’s just leave it at that…” Kibum affirmed gently.

Jinki smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

“Maybe you’re wondering why I am here this early morning...” Jinki asked Kibum who only nodded.

“I was just wondering, since it’s a weekend, if we could go outside? You need to get out of your room from time to time and enjoy outside…have fun…”

“but I don’t want to…” Kibum curled into a ball on his bed and pulled up his blanket to cover him.

“Aw come on! You’re such a lazy kid geesh. Let’s go!” Jinki removed the blanket on Kibum.

Kibum stared at him blankly but his eyes are telling Jinki that another wrong move will decide whether he will see the sun shine tomorrow or not. Jinki let go of the blanket and stepped backwards slowly with a hesitant grin on his face.

“Okay fine… you win… You always win… so unfair.” Jinki pouted and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Boys~ breakfast is ready~!”Kibum’s mom announced. Jinki brightened up; knowing that Kibum’s mom’s cooking is incomparable. He grabbed Kibum’s wrist and dragged him to the kitchen.

Kibum reluctantly sat on the chair in the kitchen.

The boys began eating when Kibum’s mom sat with them.

“Mrs. Kim, I’m planning to take Kibum outside… You know, just to breathe in some fresh air and explore outside…” Jinki discussed.

“Sure! I have my full trust with you Jinki-yah” Mrs. Kim patted Jinki’s shoulder.

“Do not want.” Kibum nonchalantly replied putting a piece of bread into his mouth.

“Aw sweetie… You have to go outside and have fun...” His mom insisted. “Look at you… You’re so pale; you hardly get any sunshine…” His mom caressed his cheeks.

Kibum finished his food quickly then bowed slightly, “Thanks for the food, I’m going to take a bath now…”

He stood up then went upstairs.

His mom just shook her head and sighed, “I don’t know what to do with that kid… He does well in school, he helps me with the chores, but he doesn’t really like getting along with anyone and rarely goes outside. He’ll just go outside if I ask him to buy something but will go straight home afterwards... You’re probably the only person he trusts besides us, his parents… It makes me worried... what if we aren't by his side anymore?”

“Don’t worry about it Mrs. Kim, I’ll talk to him…” Jinki smiled softly to Kibum’s mom then followed him upstairs.

-----

Jinki sat on Kibum’s neatly fixed bed while waiting for him to finish taking a bath. He scanned through all the sketches that Kibum made.

The girl who sat with Taemin at the school grounds is there, the man who’s waving at him in class was also included in the sketch, and then he also saw the guy who was with Junhyung at the cafeteria the other day.

“I wonder how he feels like… He rarely talks to me about what he feels…Ever since we were young, he never complained about anything… I want to help so bad but… I feel like I can’t do anything…”  He breathed deeply and set aside the sketches.

Kibum then went out of his bathroom, dressed in a simple shirt and basketball shorts while drying his hair with his towel.

Jinki stood up then grabbed Kibum’s shoulder gently. He made him sit on the bed, “Stay there.” He then proceeded to Kibum’s closet.

Kibum stared at him, wondering what Jinki is up to.

He started to bury himself into the piles of clothes Kibum has. After scanning through all of the clothes, he has finally chosen a set.

 “Here. Wear this.” Jinki handed out the clothes he picked for kibum. “Haha! I never knew you have such a cool collection of clothes here. You MUST wear these or else they will go to waste!”

Kibum just curled his eyebrows and stared at him

“Eish…” Jinki sighed then neared Kibum. “Come on, we’re going outside whether you like it or not. My treat. Everything’s on me today don’t worry.” He smiled cheerfully while taking off Kibum’s shirt and replacing it with the one he picked but as he does he was dazed to see Kibum's flawless upper body  and swallowed a lump. Kibum raised an eyebrow. "It's cold..."

Jinki finally snapped out of it, "A-ah yeah... s-sorry about that... I was just thinking if I left any work untouched in my office..." Kibum shrugged.

"N-now go to the bathroom and wear this pants." Jinki commanded. Kibum reluctantly grabbed the pants then went into his bathroom. After a few moments, Kibum went out.

"Ommo! You look great! You should dress up like this more often~" Jinki praised.

"There's no occasion to do so Jinki..." Kibum sighed.

"Now we're all set. Let's go!" Jinki punched the air like a child then dragged Kibum downstairs. "We'll be going now Mrs. Kim~" 

"Aigoo~ My son is so handsome~" His mom glomped him. Kibum smiled softly as he returns a hug. His mom finally let go of him, "Just be careful outside boys, and don't stay out too late" She gleamed.

"You can count on that Mrs. Kim, so then~" Jinki waved at her as they walked out of the door with Jinki holding Kibum's wrist as if he's going to escape any time; though not too tight.

When they got outside and are now walking along the sidewalk, Kibum pulled his wrist from Jinki's clutch and put his hands into the pocket of his pants. "So... where are we going?" He asked.

"Window shopping" Jinki simply answered.

"WAT?! You dragged me out just for that?!" Kibum blurted out losing his usual calm and blank expression.

"Wow, I rarely see you show other emotions... You should do that more often too." Jinki answered in surprise

"I'm still a normal human you know..." Kibum thought about what he said for a while. "scratch that 'normal' part."

Jinki chuckled then grabbed Kibum's hand and dragged him to the shopping mall. "Hey!"

-----

"Look Kibum! Doesn't this look good? Or this?" Jinki said getting a standard shirt and a formal one.

"I think this one looks better. It will look good on you." Kibum handed Jinki a decent long sleeved shirt.

"Wow. You should pick clothes for me more often tooooo~" Jinki beamed. Kibum rolled his eyes.

After looking at clothes here and there they went to play at the game center next.

They went to the Super Street Fighter machine first.

"2 players?" Jinki challenged Kibum. "Go ahead."

At first Jinki was actually winning by things always turns most advantageous to Kibum and eventually, Kibum won all the rounds. Kibum smirked at his victory.

"Ah! I saw that! You're laughing at me!" Jinki pouted.

"No I'm not." Kibum shrugged.

"It's so unfair. You rarely go outside but you won over me. >3>" Jinki complained.

"I think I'm one of those people who are "born with it". Don't you think?" Kibum chuckled at his own statement.

"What's this? You're actually laughing?" Jinki laughed along.

"I told you I'm still human..."

Then they went to the Initial D6 machine.

"I'll make sure that I win this time!" Jinki grinned. "Bring it on" Kibum answered.

both are accelerating on equal speed at the beginning then Jinki passed Kibum, taking the lead. Kibum accelerated and chased after Jinki's car.

They keep taking turns at being in the lead then Jinki did a magical I-didn't-see-that-coming technique and won.

"You cheated Jinki." Kibum stated plainly.

"No I didn't~" Jinki hummed. "How about we try out that Vortex Spinning Tunnel next huh?" Jinki said pointing to the new machine.

"What's that?" Kibum wondered.

"It's a new machine here, haven't actually tried it yet." Jinki grabbed Kibum's hand once again, "Let's gooooo!" then rushed to the machine.

"Welcome to the Vortex Spinning Tunnel." The personnel greeted. "attempt to successfully walk through this tunnel in just 10 seconds or less without holding on to the handrails for a chance to win a prize. Running is not allowed."

"Let's try this out." Jinki said. Kibum nodded. Jinki went in first. The tunnel was so shaky that he fell lots of times and was able to get out of the tunnel in 11 seconds.

"Oh drat, never knew it would be that shaky!" Jinki got out with his messy hair. Kibum smirked at him.

"Ah! You're at it again! How about YOU try it." Jinki challenged him.

"Sure. What do I get in return?" Kibum asked.

"Bragging rights? You'll get something from them if you got through anyway." Jinki said plainly pointing his thumb to the personnels.

"Fine for me." Kibum went inside the tunnel. At first he's finding it hard to maintain his balance but eventually he got used to it and crossed the tunnel like a boss in no time. He followed the tunnel's rhythm and was able to get out.

When he got out, he did a victory pose which made Jinki and even the personnel chuckle.

"Told you I can do it." Kibum grinned.

"You sure are showing lots of emotions today. It's a really good idea to take you out." Jinki grinned back at him.

Kibum ignored him then turned to the personnel. "So where's my prize?"

The personnel handed him a neko hat.

Jinki snatched the hat from the personnel (who was surprised) and immediately put it on Kibum's head.

"Fits you perfectly. Meow~" Jinki laughed. Kibum removed the hat but Jinki put it back on his head.

"You're going to wear that until we go home. :DD"

Kibum sighed roughly.

"Come on let's get ice cream~" Jinki offered.

They sat on a bench in the mall then enjoyed their ice cream.

"Say Kibum..." Jinki started.

"Hmm?" Kibum replied.

"Why can't I read your mind?"

Kibum just shrugged. "You should be the one to know that, not me..."

"May I ask you another thing?" 

"Sure." Kibum said his ice cream.

"...what do you feel when you have these nightmares? Does it bother you a lot? If it is, just let me know, I'm always here for you and I--"

"Shush!"

Jinki was stopped by Kibum's finger that was put on his lips. "I'm okay. Nightmares are just normal things for me... and I know that you're always here for me. Thank you..." Kibum let out soft and warm smile.

Jinki sighed in relief. "Good to hear that." then returned the smile.

-----

It's now time for them to go home since it's now dark outside. Jinki walked Kibum home though Kibum insisted that he doesn't have to but Jinki went with him anyway.

It's really dark along the street when suddenly an old woman popped out in front of him and held his right arm. Jinki was surprised that his heart is beating so fast at the moment. He tried reading the woman's mind like what he usually does but...

"It's weird. I thought Kibum's mind is the only one I can't read... but this woman..."

"You... are in danger... Beware..." She keeps giving Jinki creepy looks and just focused on him. "beware... beware..." She keeps whispering.

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about..." Jinki said politely though he's being freaked out at the moment.

"Heed my warning... You'll know soon..." The woman let go of him and ran away turning to a dark alley.

"What was that....?" Jinki blinked several times. Eventually he just decided to shrug it off then went home.

[---------------------------------------------------]

A/N:

I'm sorry for not updating for too long my dear subscribers... I just finished my choir practice and thesis and everything that needs to be taken cared of... my hands were kinda full the previous days =.=;;; Another reason is that I don't want to post a rushed update so I thought a lot about what I have to write here so here you go~ :)

But to compensate, there will be a double update today!

by the way, please bear with my drawings... yes those up there are my drawings... ^^;;;

Kibum's supposed to be really good at drawing but my skills can't match to that so let's just pretend ^^;;;;;; 

Trivia: That's my photo manipulation on Mir of MBLAQ (the first pic.) for the fans of Mir, please forgive me, I just really have to ^^;;;;;;;

and yes, that "Vortex Spinning Tunnel" does exist. XD I haven't tried it yet since it's really new here so I just assumed things kekeke~ :DD

comments and subscribers are very much welcome. I appreciate every comment you put here and it boost up my energy to write moreeee~~~ keep them coming~ :)

Chapter 4 is up next~ :)