The Third Cubicle

The 3rd Cubicle

Taemin sat on a bench in the school grounds. A group of boys playing kick ball can be heard in the background which he didn’t bother to take a look at.

He inhaled and exhaled deeply as he enjoyed the cool breeze that brushed on his cheeks. He smiled brightly as he opened his sandwich and poked the straw into his banana milk bottle.

A black butterfly with white patterns came fluttering and landed on the tip of his nose. He looked at it to the point that he became cross-eyed. He let out a small chuckle and looked at it as it flew away.

He took a small bite on his sandwich.

“Oh… how long have you been there?” he declared.

A girl with a distorted face is glaring at him. She has a grimy hair and a body full of scratches and wounds. She is sitting beside Taemin in a fetal position, clutching her knees towards her. She keeps quivering while glaring at him.

Taemin looked and smiled softly at her, “Are you hungry? Do you want some sandwich? Or maybe banana milk?”He said holding out a piece of his sandwich and his banana milk to her.

The girl didn’t respond but just kept her glare at him.

-----

Minho and his friends were playing kick ball at the school garden. The cool breeze caressed his soft skin and blew his hair in the most beautiful way possible.

“Seunghyun! catch the ball!” He yelled while kicking the ball towards the handsome figure.

 “Ya! I’m T.O.P. not Seunghyun! Remember that!” He retorted catching the ball and kicking it to another boy. “Changmin! Catch!”

“Eish, why do we have to practice this everyday?!” the boy reluctantly caught the ball and kicked it to another boy.

While they’re playing, a figure caught Minho’s peripheral view. He casted his eyes on a boy sitting on a bench, offering a piece of sandwich and a banana milk to a seemingly non-existent person beside him.

“Is he mentally challenged or something?” He thought, losing his focus on what they’re playing.

“Minho! Look out!”

A ball flew point blank to his head causing him to fall down. He rubbed the part of his head where the ball had hit him and shook his head to recover.

“Minho” his friends neared him. “Hey man, don’t lose focus” Changmin told him.

“aahh…” Minho groaned. “I’m sorry, I’m… gonna get the ball.” He stood up and dusted himself off and went towards the ball which rolled at the foot of the boy at the bench.

The boy picked it up and handed it to him. He smiled softly at Minho which made Minho’s heart skip a beat.

He returned the smile to the boy.

“Uh…” Minho scratched the back of his head, trying to hide the slight blush on his face.

“Thank you… I’m Minho by the way… we’re classmates right?” He said offering a hand to the younger.

The younger shook his hand with no hesitation, “I’m Taemin… Yes I think I have most of my classes with you…”

“May I ask you something?” Minho started.

“Sure, go ahead” Taemin replied nonchalantly

“W-who… are you talking to earlier? I saw you offering a sandwich… but I can’t see anyone beside you…”

“Oh… She was here a while ago, but she left when you came over… You can’t see her?”

Taemin tilted his head to the side and curled his eyebrows in the cutest way possible which made Minho’s heart beat faster.

“Uh… no…” Minho answered plainly. “Is he really mentally challenged after all? But still…”

“Too bad you can’t see her…” Taemin replied and took another bite on his sandwich while swinging his feet.

Minho went silent for a while.

“S-so… then…” Minho started.

“Ya Minho! What’s taking you so long?” T.O.P. yelled.

“Ommo! Yeah I’ll be right there!” Minho answered looking towards his group of friends.

“So then… See you later in class Taemin… Nice to meet you…” Minho waved at him, reluctant to leave him.

Taemin just smiled at him cheerfully and said, “Ne~ See you and Nice to meet you too!”

-----

“Look Kibum! I cooked for you~” Jinki said taking out two lunch boxes gleaming at Kibum as soon as they took their seats in the cafeteria. “This pink one is for you, and this yellow one is for me.”

Kibum still (and I think forever) have his poker face and nodded at Jinki.

Jinki opened the lunch box for him revealing a chicken teriyaki inside. He took out a piece of chicken and offered it to Kibum.

“Say aahhh~” Kibum complied and opened his mouth. Jinki put the chicken in his mouth which Kibum coolly chewed in his most adorable way possible.

“Is it good?” Jinki asked. Kibum just nodded blankly in response, chewing on the food.

“Aigooo~~~ you’re so cute!” Jinki hugged Kibum in adoration then gave the lunch box for him to eat on his own. “Let’s eat~!” He beamed.

Kibum took the chopsticks and began eating.

“Hiya Jinki… Hey there Kibum~” A boy with puffy cute cheeks and smooth black hair tapped Jinki’s shoulder and waved at Kibum whom only looked at him and then went back to eating.

“I really don’t get this guy… Does he dislike me?” The boy told himself.

“Oh Yoseob, 'sup? Hand me the papers I need to sign my dear secretary.” Jinki demanded politely.

“Yeah… I haven’t even told you a thing about this...  Here” He said handing Jinki some documents. “Sheesh, I always wonder how you can read our minds like that...”

“I’m just born with it… but there’s a flaw in this ability of mine…” Jinki sighed.

“What is it?” Yoseob asked.

“I can’t read Kibum’s mind… No matter how hard I try, it’s always blank… It's always quiet inside there. It’s impossible for a person to not think about anything at all… so I guess I really can’t read his mind… It makes me a bit frustrated though…”

Jinki smiled sadly towards Kibum whom kept eating and not minding one least bit with the people around him, “I can’t tell how he feels for me.” Jinki whispered to himself.

“What did you say?” Yoseob asked.

“Oh, nothing. Here are the papers.” Yoseob got the papers from Jinki and set it aside then ate with them.

“There you are!” A boy with a neat black hair called out and went near to them.

“Hi there Kibum~~” He waved cheerfully at Kibum whom stared at him, but this time, he stared at him longer than usual.

“Ah…” Kibum said weakly.

“What’s wrong?” Junhyung asked. "Is there something on my face? Am I too appealing for you? Did I finally get your attention? Were you finally able to realize that I am indeed handsome?"

Yoseob rolled his eyes, followed by Jinki's sigh then shook his head.

Kibum was staring at a figure behind Junhyung. He looks pale and deranged and keeps putting his arms through Junhyung and laughing at himself. His clothes which seemed like a school uniform is ripped and his head his bleeding like crazy. He keeps waving at Kibum who just stared at him in return.

Jinki stared at it for a while as well but didn’t say a thing about it. He ignored it instead and went back to eating.

“He’s in my dream too…” Kibum spoke. Jinki looked at him, quite surprised but didn’t show it either. "too?" he thought.

“Me? In your dream?” Junhyung said while pointing at himself. “Aigoo~~ I’m more than flattered!” Junhyung exclaimed misunderstanding Kibum. He scooted over to Kibum and gave him a tight hug.

Jinki just sighed.

 “Ya! Don’t hug him!” Jinki tried separating the two but Junhyung won’t budge and Kibum won’t move or even struggle.

“Yeah Junhyung, get away from him, he might get infected by your virus. He’s unfortunate enough to be hugged by you, you know” Yoseob protested.

“Dun waannaaaaaa~~~” Junhyung kept hugging Kibum

“Ya! Do you want to be impeached from your Vice-Presidential position?” Jinki threatened.

Junhyung loosened his hug around Kibum, “You can’t do that…” Junhyung pouted and removed his arms around Kibum then began eating as well.

Yoseob went near to Kibum and started dusting him off. “Our Kibummie can’t get dirty. We don’t know what kinds of germs Junhyung might bring…”

“Ya! Yoseob! I take a bath two times a day thank you!  …I was looking all over for you by the way! I told you to wait for me!” Junhyung turned his attention to Yoseob.

“Well I can’t wait for a person who keeps flirting with random guys.” Yoseob reacted.

“Me? flirting? Mhhmm…” Junhyung smirked at Yoseob teasingly. “Someone’s jealous~~~” He said in a singsong tone.

Yoseob raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes, “and who would that be? Psh.”

“Ya ya ya! Stop that. Just eat.” Jinki commanded. The two fell silent. “Yes MR. PRESIDENT.” They said in unison, emphasizing the ‘MR. PRESIDENT’

Jinki just nodded in response.

-----

“GRAAAHHHHHHsaJSndfafhahlriohai.hjaoigjeogjeohoh!!!” Jonghyun, GD, and Seungri yelled while wearing scary masks as they sneaked behind a fragile-looking boy in the restroom.

“AAAHHHHH!!!” The boy screamed and ran away.

The three of them laughed their hearts out, “Did you see the look on his face?” Jonghyun said still laughing.

"The way he sounded earlier was hilarious!"

GD imitated the previous boy’s reaction and Seungri clutched his stomach still laughing along with Jonghyun.

“So who’s the next target?” The three huddled planning yet another sinister prank.

*bang!*

A loud bang on a cubicle can be heard which made the trio stop planning.

“What was that?” Seungri asked.

*bang!* *bang!*

The three fell silent. “I think it’s coming from that third cubicle.” GD pointed to an unused cubicle with yellow tapes around its door.

They went near to it.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened as he saw blood oozing out of its floor and door which made him gasp and back out. Jonghyun looked at GD and Seungri back and forth then at the cubicle but it seems like they can’t see it. He closed his eyes tightly for a while then opened it again. The blood he saw earlier was gone.

“Jjong? What’s wrong?” Seungri put a hand on his shoulder which made him twitch a bit.

“Uh… er… nothing… let’s just get out of here…” Jonghyun hurriedly walked out of the restroom followed by GD and Seungri who took one last glance at the cubicle.

-----

"What do you think was that? I can't be mistaken, I definitely heard something from that cubicle!" GD discussed as they gather around the table in the cafeteria.

"I know man... The weird thing is, that cubicle is unused. They say that it's clogged and can't be fixed that's why it's closed like that." Seungri added.

"Do you really think that is the only reason why it's closed?" Jonghyun spoke up looking serious.

"..." GD and Seungri stared at him for a while. "Whoa man, being serious doesn't suit you at all... but why do you think it isn't?"

Jonghyun huffed. "Come on! If it's really just broken, they could've just renovated the whole restroom... they aren't dumb to not know that."

"You got a point there..." GD agreed.

The three of them fell silent and thought hard for a while.

"You know what? I give up. Thinking is not for me." Seungri snapped.

"Me neither." GD agreed.

"Jonghyun?" the two called Jonghyun whose chin is leaned on the top of his hand with his eyes closed.

"He's so into it..." GD tried tapping Jonghyun on his shoulder.

"Jjong?"

"ZZzzzzzzzZZZzzzzz"

Seungri snorted. "He's asleep! Let's take this opportunity to capture this precious moment!" He took out his phone and took as snapshot of his sleeping face.

"He looks like a puppy!" Seungri commented.

GD took a look on the picture Seungri had taken, "No, actually he looks like a dinosaur..."

"dinopuppydog?" Seungri announced.

"dinopup?" GD followed up.

"dinodog?" He added. "puppyjjong~" 

"Jjongiesaurrrrrr~" Seungri suggested.

They laughed as they thought of many names for Jonghyun but then gestured to quiet down.

"We might wake up the raptor..."

They chuckled silently to themselves and took more pictures of Jonghyun while he's sleeping.

Just then someone caught their eyes in the cafeteria.

"Heeyy... Isn't that the window guy in our class?" GD nudged Seungri. "His name... as I remember it was..."

"Kibum!" Seungri exclaimed. "Jonghyun's right, he's indeed beautiful."

GD agreed and stole a snapshot of Kibum's face.

"You zoomed it in too much man..." Seungri complained.

"Naw, look! It came out pretty, right?" GD pointed out showing the picture to Seungri closely.

"Well... on a second thought..." Seungri stared for what felt like forever.

GD snapped his fingers in front of his eyes, "Ya! My phone will melt!"

Seungri shook his head and came back to the real world. GD just chuckled at him.

"Never thought he has many friends though. Look, they can actually mingle with him normally..." Seungri looked at the three namely Jinki, Yoseob, and Junhyung talking to each other while Kibum eats silently.

"You call that mingling normally?" GD pointed to the seemingly trio with Kibum eating in his own world on their table.

“Aigoo~~ I’m more than flattered!” Junhyung's exclaim while hugging Kibum can be heard over their table.

"See?! They can even hug him!" Seungri pouted.

"What? You jelly?" GD nudged Seungri smirking at him.

"Well... kinda?" GD snorted at Seungri's honesty.

Seungri just sighed and looked at the pic of Kibum that they had taken earlier... He's still awestruck at Kibum, but this time, he noticed something else that made him terrified and caused the hair at the back of his neck stand up.

"GD look!" Seungri pointed at the picture of Kibum. "I didn't notice it earlier but..."

"What? You didn't notice that Kibum is the prettiest thing ever? Psh, stop that cheesiness Seungri..." GD ignored him.

"No!" Seungri pulled GD's hand and made him look at the picture intently. "Look! There's something there! Just look closely"

Gd's eyes widened in horror when he realized what Seungri had seen.

"What the is that?!?!?11?!" GD yelled loud enough to wake Jonghyun up.

"The man, do you really have to yell?! What's your problem?!" Jonghyun protested as he glared at the two.

"What is my problem!? You're asking me what's my ing problem!?" GD shoved the picture in front of Jonghyun's  sleepy face.

"Oh... it's Kibum... told you he's pretty... no wait. WHAT IS HIS PICTURE DOING IN YOUR PHONE?!!!?!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"That's not the problem now! Look closely at the picture Jjong!!" Jonghyun grabbed GD's phone and looked at it intently. Jonghyun gasped. "This is..."

[------------------------------------------------]

A/N:

do you see what I see?~~~ XD 

I originally planned on updating yesterday but some things held me back from doing so... anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

and I hope you don't mind if things kinda got random with Jjong, GD, and Seungri... you know they're really fun to write and I love that trio (though I don't know if they actually know Jjong personally...) XD

comments are very welcome^^

...and to all my subscribers, I thank you very much! ^^~