Restricted

The 3rd Cubicle

I sat on my bed. There’s a deafening silence in the atmosphere so I decided to switch the television on. My life in this apartment has been always the same. I was left alone in this world for so many years ago. I never knew who my mom is; there isn’t even a single picture of her here. My dad passed away and he has never told me a single thing about my mom. Every time I ask him about her he will immediately change the topic so I figured out that it would just be useless so I stopped asking.

I never knew about my mind reading ability before… I just realized after my father’s death. I can hear every single thought that the visitors have in his funeral. Some hates him, some sympathizes, and really regrets his death, but there are just so many who hate him. Is he really detestable?

Then I heard a thought, “Serves him right for leaving his wife and daughter and just taking his son. I bet the son never knew about all of it. Poor little kid.”

For leaving his wife? Are they talking about my mom? Or is it another woman?

The thoughts I’ve been hearing from other people and also my own make my head hurt so bad. I went into my room first so I can’t hear them and just focus on my own thoughts.

I’ll never know the answer now because he’s dead. I have no way of contacting our relatives and most of them, as my dad told me, have gone abroad.

I’m really on my own now… but my father left a sum of fortune for me. He was always like that. He’s always worrying about me and my future.

No matter how much detestable my father as he seems basing on what the people at the funeral has been saying, he was still a loving and caring father to me. He has been so gentle and he never hurt me in any way… So I really can’t believe when they said that.

Though I didn’t shed a tear in front of the people, I cried alone for my father. I would always hug my knees towards me while sitting at an alley near our apartment where people are rarely walking by.

 I still remember the time when I had my head buried in my arms on my knees and I felt someone stood in front of me; and there I saw a little kid with feline eyes, wearing an oversized shirt, an ice cream. He had this blank expression on his face and he keeps staring at me. It was annoying at first but he went near me and offered his ice cream.

“You want some? Ice cream always makes the pain go away…” He said in his cute little voice. This boy’s really cute up close.

“Thank you little kid, but thanks. Hyung is just going through tough times.” I smiled at him gently and ruffled his hair.

“Tough times? Is someone hurting you?” He put his little hand on my cheeks.

“No… don’t worry about hyung… I’m fine…” I assured him and hugged him.

“Go now, your mom must be looking for you.”

“I’m lost. I don’t know where umma is…” The boy simply answered.

“You’re lost? But you don’t seem like you are… Aren’t you scared?” I asked him.

“No. Umma said that if I just cry and not think of a way to solve things properly then nothing will really happen. I’m almighty!” The boy beamed at me and posed like a power ranger.

I chuckled at his cuteness. I never knew that a boy’s innocent words would make me smile through this tough time I’m having.

I stood up and dusted myself off. I held the boy’s hand, “Let’s go look for your mom okay?” I smiled. “She must be really worried about you.”

“Okay.” He smiled back. “What’s your name?”

“I’m Jinki hyung; and you little one?”

“Kibum!” He cheerfully answered. If he didn’t say he’s lost I never would have known he is.

We looked all over and then at last found his mom in the police station. I can’t count how many times she thanked me but I’m happy that I was able to help.

I bowed to them then took my leave.

“Jinki! We’ll see each other soon~” Kibum said. This kid doesn’t know how to call ‘hyung’. I smiled to myself and shook my head. I turned to him, “Sure ^^”

I got back to my apartment and to my thoughts… I lied down on my bed.

What keeps disturbing my mind is about the woman they were talking about. Is that my mom? And if they do have a daughter doesn’t it mean that I have a sister?

I grew up with that thought in my mind. I’ve been looking for many ways to find them. I really want to meet them… but until now I wasn’t able to.

-----

"Oh... it's Kibum... told you he's pretty... no wait. WHAT IS HIS PICTURE DOING IN YOUR PHONE?!!!?!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"That's not the problem now! Look closely at the picture Jjong!!" Jonghyun grabbed GD's phone and looked at it intently. Jonghyun gasped. "This is..."

“I’ve seen this figure before… I just can’t…” Jonghyun is thinking really hard this time. He decided to take out his phone and browse through its gallery.

“What? You know something?” GD curiously asked but since Jonghyun is concentrating really hard, he didn’t get answer from him. “Ya!”

“Aha!” GD and Seungri were surprised by Jonghyun’s sudden yell.

“Da hell man?!” said GD with annoyance in his tone.

“Look! Look!” Jonghyun presented the photos he found in his phone.

 

“So? What are you trying to imply here? That you’re Kibum’s stalker?” Seungri pointed out.

“Yeah! When did you get this?” GD shook his head.

“Babo. Just look closely and focus on the photos and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Besides, I’m way too handsome to be called a ‘stalker.’ I prefer ‘admirer.’” Jonghyun grinned.

“Tsh.” GD sneered then snatched the phone from Jonghyun’s hand. “Let’s see here…”

GD flipped the two photos back and forth then compared it to the one he has.

“Ohmygosh!” Seungri blurted pointing to the phone. “Now I see why!”

“You’re right… that thing/figure/whatever you call it keeps following Kibum… I wonder why…” GD agreed.

“Are we going to think again? I think I’ll have to pass.” Seungri defended.

“Eish. I don’t know about that either. I’ve been wondering about it for a long time but since I can’t find an answer, I just decided to forget about it.” Jonghyun stated.

“Well… there’s one thing we can do.” Seungri announced.

“Spill.”

“We’re going to investigate the school at night.” Seungri suggested, bobbing his eyebrows.

“But what are we going to do? How will that help us figure out things?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“We’re going to roam around the school and go to places where Kibum’s usually at. Maybe we’ll find out that figure or something. Let’s just take this adventure for a change, I’m quite bored and there’s nothing new lately. Don’t you think so too?” Seungri nudged GD.

“Well… come to think of it.” GD grinned. “It’s not a bad idea after all.”

Jonghyun shrugged. “Count me in.”

“All right! Let’s do this tonight!” Seungri cheered.

“You make it sound so erted Seungri…” GD pointed out.

“It’s how I am!” Seungri stuck out his tongue.

“ert.” GD answered.

-----

The trio waited till the school closed so they can execute their plan. Jonghyun took out his flashlight and went his way, followed by the two. They keep sticking to each other like they are glued.

"Will you two loosen up?" Jonghyun stated with irritation in his tone. “You two proposed this plan and now you’re being scared?”

“N-no… o-of course not.” Seungri nervously laughed.

*BAM!*

“What was that?!” Seungri immediately hid at the back of Jonghyun and held onto his shirt tightly.

Jonghyun shook him, “Let go of me…!”

“L-let’s just proceed to Kibum’s seat first. Maybe we’ll be able to find a clue… He keeps looking outside the window too right?” GD stated.

“Oh about that… I already know what that is.” Jonghyun proudly announced.

“Then what is the point of this if you already know?!” GD shook Jonghyun’s shoulders roughly.

“Whoa whoa dude! Calm yo !!!” Jonghyun fixed his hair and clothes then sighed. “Kibum can see someone at the tree in the front of his window.”

“Someone? How did you even know?” GD questioned.

“Because I can see it too.” Jonghyun answered plainly.

“Psh. It’s not funny. Now tell us the truth.” GD disagreed.

“I’m not lying you guys. Here.” Jonghyun explained pointing to the tree outside the window near Kibum’s seat. “A strange guy is always sitting there. It would constantly wave at Kibum, I just don’t get it why he keeps staring at it. I’ve been seeing it but I would always just ignore it. I figure out that if you just ignore them they will not interfere with you.”

“S-so… y-you mean… what you and Kibum can see is… is a… g-ghost???”

“Pretty much.” Jonghyun nodded.

GD and Seungri blinked several times and fell silent.

“Let’s just proceed to the cubicle shall we?” GD broke the silence.

“…y-yeah let’s.” Seungri agreed. Jonghyun followed.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” The trio was startled by the voice that suddenly spoke up.

“W-who’s there…????” GD grabbed Jonghyun’s flashlight and directed it to the source of the voice.

“Lee Jinki!” Jonghyun stated.

“Glad you know me. Will you please lower that light???” Jinki answered.

“Sorry…” GD apologized.

“Follow me to my office.” Jinki commanded. Jonghyun hissed.

“NOW.” Jinki emphasized.

The three reluctantly followed Jinki.

“Sit.” Jinki said pointing to the couch in his office. He leaned on the table and crossed his arms in front of him.

“Stop cursing me in your mind Jonghyun.” Jinki said sternly. Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “H-how…”

“You three were planning to intervene with something in the school… GD you’re the eldest among them how come you didn’t stop them???” Jinki started.

“because I’m curious too…”  GD thought, but he decided to say otherwise. “I tried stopping them but they forced me… ><” Seungri and Jonghyun glared at him.

“Ah… because you’re curious too? I guess age isn’t relevant after all.” Jinki nodded with a blank face.

“H-how did you…”

“Just so you know I can already read your thoughts before you even say it.” Jinki stated plainly.

The three were dumbfounded. They could not believe that someone can actually do that.

“So… what does this have to do with Kibum? Seungri said it’s because of Kibum. Now show me those photos.” Jinki put out his palm asking for their phones. He looked for the pictures and copied it to his PC.

He then deleted the photos from their phones.

“What the hell did you do that for?! Don’t tell me being the student council president gives you permission to delete our personal files!!” Jonghyun retorted.

“I’m Kibum’s friend. Those were stolen shots of him and I cannot allow that.”

Jonghyun retreated to his seat and exhaled frustratingly.

Jinki went back to his PC and scanned the photos. “So basically you’re doing an investigation because of these photos?”

“Yes…” Seungri answered sheepishly. “We were really curious…”

“and the restroom? What are you curious about it?” Jinki followed up.

“W-we… hear sounds…” Seungri obediently answered.

“Don’t go near it.” Jinki told them

“Why?” GD asked.

“The principal told me it’s restricted. They won’t tell me the reason…” Jinki explained to them.

“Can’t you just read their minds to know the reason?”Jonghyun spoke up.

“I tried doing that, but it seems like they’re fully aware of my ability. They’re hiding it well… I’ve been doing my own investigations but I always end up failing. I think it’s just best to comply with what they said. Just keep out of that cubicle.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and retreated to his seat.

“Go home now. You shouldn’t be at school in this time of night… Go.” Jinki commanded. “And no funny business okay? Go straight home.”

Jonghyun mocked him and cursed him once again in his mind.

“I said stop cursing me in your mind Jonghyun… and stop mocking me” Jinki declared.

GD laughed, “He’s simple-minded.” Jonghyun hit his arm “ow!”

“How about you? Shouldn’t you be going home too?” Seungri spoke up.

“I still have many things to take care of Seungri. I’m the president. It’s not really an easy job. Now go.”

The three went out and complied with what Jinki said.

-----

Just as soon as the three went out Jinki smirked.

The lights started to flicker and suddenly everything turned to black.

Jinki changed his form.

[---------------------------------------------------------]

A/N:

I hope I'm not such a fail in scaring you guys... XD Well I don't really know.

Were you able to grasp what was really happening in the last part of the chapter? kekekeke~ :DD

Oh yeah... another reason why I'm taking a lot of time before I actually update is that I have to make edits and sketches such as those you're seeing here. ^^;;; I want to give you as many visuals as possible since, in my opinion, this wouldn't be a complete horror fic without it. :DD It's a necessity. kekeke~ :DD

This time, that last picture is my photo manipulation on Jinki's face. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any grudges on Mir and Jinki, or on anyone I will edit the same way in the future. It's just really essential for the story. :DD

Trivia Question : Do you know whose face I used for the main image of this fanfic? keke~ :DD

Comment and Subscribe~ ^^ You are all very much appreciated~ ^^

Thank you everyone~ :)