v.

In Retrospect

AKqcp5o.png

 

It’s three days after when it began.

 

 

Baekhyun thought he was already ready for that day.

 

 

 

He should be.

 

 

 

 

This isn’t the first time.

 

 

But he was so wrong.

 

 

He, Kai, and Chanyeol were busy having their lunch when Chanyeol starts to cough violently. At first Baekhyun thought Chanyeol is just choking on his food. It was after a few minutes later, when Chanyeol’s grip on his chopsticks tightens, eyes watering, and face turning red as he continues to cough that Baekhyun realizes it’s already starting.

 

 

Fear surges into his whole body, almost dizzying as different scenes flash in his head like a flashback.

 

 

The fear is too much. His heart is twisting in pain. His hands are trembling and his knees feel weak. But he manages to rise up from his seat and run away, the sound of Chanyeol violently coughing still echoing in his head.

 

 

Baekhyun covers his ears with his sweaty palms, eyes dilated, and heart beating in an abnormally rapid pace. He feels dizzy and the world seems to be swaying along with him. It was only when he stops running in no particular direction that he notices he couldn’t actually make out anything in his vision as his eyes gets blurred by his tears.

 

 

He was crying.

 

 

Because it’s unfair. It’s so ing unfair. Why does he have to leave twice. Why couldn’t he stay.

 

 

Baekhyun falls to his knees, not minding the zooming of the cars, nor the blurred faces that turn to him.

 

 

 

“He’s leaving me again.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes; he can feel the cold breeze seeping through his skin,sending shivers to his back.

 

 

He's thinking about me again.

 

 

And as if on cue, he feels himself slowly turning to dust.

 

 

Although still not ready, he finds himself back in time again. He couldn't face him. No, not yet.

He is torn in a dilemma of wanting to see Chanyeol again or not but it's not like he has a choice. Whether he likes it or not, he will keep returning if the other keeps thinking of him.

 

 

It's inevitable.

 

 

It’s only after two days of sobbing and endless heartaches that he is able to gather the courage to go and meet with Chanyeol again.

 

 

“I thought you’d never come back after seeing me almost cough my lungs out.”

 

 

Baekhyun bites his lower lip. He tries to muster up a smile but he couldn’t.

 

 

“Shut up. I only came back because I missed you.”

 

 

Chanyeol lets out a small laugh, but it only ends into him coughing again. He was worried that the brunette would run away again, but then a cold, skinny hand began to soothingly rub at his back.

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

Baekhyun doesn’t look up at Chanyeol as he takes a seat next to the latter on his bed and play withhis fingers, gathering them from one side to another.

 

 

“Stupid. What are you even saying sorry about..”Chanyeol motions to sit up but the brunette gently push him back to the bed.

 

 

“For leaving you...”

 

Baekhyun’s time is running out. Sooner, he will have to disappear and so he cannot afford to waste the moments they have together.

 

He has to tell him before it gets too late again.

 

Baekhyun leans down and rests his head on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

 

“I miss you...”

 

 

Chanyeol lifts a hand to caress the petite male’s hair.

 

 

“I really, really miss you…”

 

Chanyeol hums because he doesn’t want Baekhyun to hear his voice cracking as tears begins to swell down his cheeks again.

 

 

He feels his shirt getting wet again and he doesn’t need to look at the petite male’s face to confirm that he is crying. And his heart shatters into pieces as he feels the trembling breathing of the man he loves because he knows that someday, sometime soon, Baekhyun is leaving his side.

 

 

 

 

 pacxUpZ.jpg