CH 7

♦The Coffee Princes♦

 

 

ch 7 

 

Kai leaned on the counter top keeping his eye on the customers. It was a regular day at the XOXO Cafè, it was packed with college students and the occasional elder, but it was a simply normal day. "Hey Kyungsoo, Luhan. Should we call in Sehun or Tao to come in? Just to help us clean up for closing?" Kai turned towards D.O, who in turn looked up from the barista machine with his wide eyes.
 
"No we'll be fine with just you and me, plus Baekhyun and Chen are in the back and they can help us whenever we need too." D.O handed him a cup of coffee, "This goes to table 4, the one with the girls wearing the high school uniforms." He pointed to the table with 3 high school girls giggling and gossiping.
 
Luhan examined the girls, "They seem new... why not give them a warm welcoming? They seem like potential regulars." He smiled at Kai, "You know what to do Jongin."
 
Kai sighed, but his eyes started to sparkle. "I sure do." He grabbed hold of the coffee up and slowly started to walk towards the girls. Though halfway there shy Jongin suddenly turned into suave and y Kai. He gave his signature smirk smile and started to give a little dance as he walked. Nothing special, but Kai was not only a server but one of the entertainers in the cafè. Meaning sometimes Kai would give a performance for the customers, though his specialty is dancing. 
 
Kai gave a quick turn and smoothly placed the cup on the girls' table, "For you ladies." He smiled to all three.
 
The three high school girls were quiet, but had blushing faces and shy smiles. "T-Thank you..." A cute girl with a short bob took the cup.
 
"Enjoy." Kai bowed then came almost fast walking back to the counter. His face was already pink for his little dance. Kai covered his face and hoped the girls didn't see, "Why do I that?"
 
"Because it works." Luhan chuckled, "And you love dancing."
 
Kai just shrugged.
 
D.O breathed out a short laugh, before going back to cleaning the barista area. Suddenly the bell at the entrance chimed, signaling a new customer coming in. D.O turned to the door, about to welcome the customer until he saw who it was. "Not her again..."
 
 
The beauty that walked in automatically caught the attention of all the boys in the cafè. She was quite the sight to say the least, even Kai and Luhan couldn't help but smile as the lady walked towards the counter. Her breath seemed to be quick and uneven, as if she was running for some time. But she managed to smile as she approached Luhan at the cashier. "Hey Luhan-oppa!" She waved with a bright smile.
 
"Hey Siwon." Luhan raised his eyebrows, "You seem out of breath. You in a rush?"
 
Siwon shook her head, "No way, I got all the time in the world for you oppa." She brushed her hair back and tilted her head cutely. That was another thing about Siwon, not only is she a beauty but she knew that fact very well. Siwon can be a flirt, though her outgoing personality and warm smile balanced it all out. 
 
Luhan chuckled, not incredibly affected by Siwon's flirting. "Well I'm glad you think of me so well. But seriously you in trouble again?" 
 
Siwon's smile turned into a pout, "Yeah... mom and dad are pissed at me for failing to come home last night. So when I came home this morning, they blew up and I jetted off to... well here once again." She smiled again.
 
"You can't keep hiding here. The cafè isn't a hideout for troublemakers." D.O rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms and just gave Siwon a blank look. 
 
Siwon might have everyone else around her finger, but not D.O. He was too smart and serious to handle Siwon's childish antics. 
 
Siwon, instead of frowning, brightened when seeing D.O., "And how are you Kyungsoo?"
 
D.O blinked once then twice, "I'm... good. You?" Even if he was to be mad at Siwon, one smile had him calm down... at least a bit.
 
"Well you heard me, I need a place to hide out. Can I stay here for a bit?"
 
Luhan was going to answer, but one nod from D.O had Siwon smiling ear to ear. "Thank you thank you~ I promise not to be that much of a bother~" She blew a kiss at D.O and then walked to a table where some people were sitting at. Apparently everyone knew Siwon. 
 
D.O gave a out a heavy sigh.
 
"You always pretend to be mean to her, even if you give in in the end." Kai laughed.
 
All D.O did was throw a rag at Kai's face, which made the younger boy continue to laugh.
 
After a few minutes the bell chimed again. Luhan looked at the entrance to see another familar face. "Ah, it's...." He blanked out on her name.
 
 
The mysterious girl glanced at Luhan. With her headphones in, she couldn't hear what Luhan said she stood near the entrance looking around the cafè. For some reason, the boys didn't know how to approach the girl. She had this distant and quiet allure, one that one would be difficult to talk with.
 
Luhan nudged Kai, who was standing closer to the girl. "Go ask her what she wants."
 
"Why me? And who is she?" Kai asked.
 
"I think that's Siwon's sister... I've seen her a couple of times when Siwon is hiding out here, I just don't know her name." Luhan pushed Kai, "Go find out Mr. Suave. Use your dance moves."
 
Kai would have argued, but Luhan was the boss (besides Xiumin) so he walked slowly up to the girl, though avoid dancing at all costs. 
 
"Excuse me?" Kai stood in front of her.
 
The girl's eyes widened upon noticing a tall figure like Kai in front of her. Taking out one of her headphones she just looked at Kai, "Yes...?" Her voice was quiet and soft compared to other girls.
 
Kai rubbed his neck, "Uh... can I help you look for something? Y-You seem lost." Why the heck did he stutter? Just a moment ago Kai was the suave dancer who made other girls shy.
 
"Oh. I'm looking for my sister. Siwon." Her words were short and straight to the point, "Is she here?"
 
"Uh yeah. She's there." Kai pointed to the table where Siwon was surronded by people, "I'm Jongin by the way. If you need anything else just ask."
 
"Okay." The girl was about to walk to Siwon, "I'm Sieun." She then kept on walking to her sister.
 
Kai watched as Sieun walk up to Siwon. "That was weird..." He stated while walking back to the counter.
 
"That wasn't weird, that was awkward. If she's really Siwon's sister, she's the total opposite. Never heard a girl so... quiet." Luhan scruched up his nose, "I normally like quiet girls, but aish~"
 
"She is quiet... but..." Kai didn't know how to finish his sentence.
 
As Sieun walked up to Siwon at the table, she had a scowl. "Unnie, you need to come home."
 
"Sieunnie~ You're here! Come sit." Siwon pushed Sieun to sit down on her lap, "Drink this coffee, it's really good!"
 
Sieun gave her sister a blank look but simply drank some of the coffee, "Unnie, you really need to come home. Mom and dad are pissed at you."  Sieun's voice suddenly turned tender, "Let's go. I don't want you to get into too deep in trouble."
 
Siwon watched as Sieun took hold her hand. "Alright... but you owe me one. Bye guys!" Siwon waved bye to everyone and followed after Sieun towards the exit.
 
"Bye Luhan! Jongin! Kyungsoo!" Siwon waved bye to the three guys.
 
"Bye." D.O gave a short wave.
 
Sieun looked at Kai and simply nodded towards him, "Thanks...Jongin."
 
And just like that the two interesting sisters left the cafè, leaving the 3 boys bewildered by the siblings.
 
"Well that was..." Luhan started.
 
"Weird." D.O and Kai stated simultaneously.
 
"You guys are the weird one..." Luhan trailed on.
 
Who knew two different girls could cause suave Kai and serious D.O to be... well feeling weird. 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
So I have no excuse for not reading. I'm lazy and my motivation comes and go... but! Here you go! This is mainly for my friend Chris since she desperatly wanted me to write kekekeke so I introduce the Yoon sisters, Siwon and Sieun! I loved writing Siwon because I love outgoing and flirty characters, though Siwon was a challenge. I'm not used to writing quiet and distant characters, but I gave it my best try. Hoped you enjoy reading and leave a comment plz :)