CH 3

♦The Coffee Princes♦

 

ch 3 

 

Baekhyun slammed the dough onto the table and started to knead it. It was a normal day at the XOXO Café but unfortunatly for Baekhyun he had to make more beard because the customers have already eaten all them... and it was Saturday. Baekhyun sighed, "Do it for the money Byun Baekhyun." He repeated this chant while working on the bread.
 
"The point is knead the bread Baekhyun, not treat it like a punching bag." Chen smirked as he stirred the mix in a bowl. Since he was the full time baker at the café Chen was techinally the 'head' baker, plus he was pretty good cook.
 
Baekhyun pouted, "Who said I was treating this like a punching bag?" He then split the dough into 3 pieces and rolled them to form a perfect oval shape. 
 
Chen just laughed, "Just trust me, you'll get used to all this pretty soon and actually start enjoying it." 
 
Baekhyun just recently started working at the XOXO Café as a baker. Initially Baekhyun used to make fun of his friends, Chanyeol and Chen, for working at the cafe, but because of student fees for college he ended working together with them. It wasn't like Baekhyun at baking, he just wasn't used to working.
 
"I hope so..." He opened the oven and placed the dough into it and started to set the heat. "Though I wish we were in the front or a server, so I can see all the cuties." Baekhyun smiled at the thought of the pretty girls who walked into the café.
 
"That is one of the perks of working here." Chanyeol came into kitchen holding a stack of boxes, "You just have to find clever ways to go out in the front."
 
"Like how Chanyeol is always the one to pick up the orders to see if a certain someone is in the shop." Chen poked Chanyeol in the ribs, which almost caused the taller boy to drop the boxes. Baekhyun knew all about Ella, but has never actually seen her before. "Is she cute?" He asked.
 
Chanyeol smiled, "Hell yeah she is." He stated confidently. "Not only that she's got a pretty good personality. Everyone here likes her since she all knows us by name." Chen added on, "Just Chanyeol here likes to hog all of Ella's attention. Once you see her you'll understand." 
 
Baekhyun slowly nodded, "Man what I give to see a girl in this place." And on cue a girl walked into the kitchen, but instead of Baekhyun smiling he scowled. "Min what are you doing here?" Chen asked kindly to the young girl. 
 
 
A short young girl who looked oddly similar to Xiumin, walked towards Chen and gave him a side hug. "Just visiting you guys." She smiled while tilting her head cutely. She walked to Chanyeol and gave him hug but never did go to Baekhyun. "You guys look busy." She looked at all the flour on the table and the beard cooking in the oven.
 
"Yeah we are." Baekhyun crossed his arms and gave Min a glare. Chanyeol nudged the boy to be nicer. All the workers usually got along with Min, after all she was the bosses younger sister. More specifically Kim Minseok's sister. Though for some odd reason Baekhyun and Min didn't get along... at all. Maybe because their personalities were so alike that they just clashed. 
 
Min stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun, "Well I'll get out of hair then... since someone obviously doesn't want my company, even though I think I'm a very cute girl." She turned to Chanyeol and grew a big smile, "I'll see you guys later~" Min waved as she walked out of the kitchen to go to the front counter. 
 
"What is your problem with Min anyway? Do you want to get fired?" Chanyeol checked on the bread in the oven while asking Baekyun. "I mean Min is totally your type. Cute face with a pretty nice body, so what's the deal?" Chen poured the cake mix into a seperate container. 
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "She is totally not my type. Kim Minseo is an annoying, sarcastic, baby. Plus she's completely fake. The way she hugs you guys like she's known you for years. I've know you guys since middle school and I don't cling to you guys like that."
 
"You do cling to us." Chen bluntly stated.
 
"That's not the point!" Baekhyun pouted. 
 
Chen sighed, "I don't even what to try.." He gave up and just continued working. Chanyeol who usually smiled all the time just shook his head in disappointment at Baekhyun.
 
Honestly Baekhyun didn't know the real reason why he didn't like Min. She was cute and when he first met her, Baekhyun was attracted to Min. He just didn't like her! "Whatever..." Baekhyun started working on the bread.
 
--
 
Xiumin was mixing away when he felt a tap on his shoulders. He turned his head to the right and saw his favorite girl smiling cutely at him. "Min!" He gave her a hug and picked her up slightly into the air. 
 
Min giggled as she let go of her older brother, "Oppa you have cocoa on your face." She wiped off the brown shavings off of his right cheek.
 
Xiumin smiled, "You would be surprised on how often that happens."
 
Luhan turned around from the cashier and smiled at the two siblings, "Good to see you again Min, how's school?" 
 
"It's okay, but I prefer being here~" Min spinned around with her arms up in the air. "Oppa why can't I work here with you?" She pouted.
 
Ximin laughed and patted his sister's head, "It because you don't have to, plus there can't be favoritism in the work place." He winked at her, "Now get out of here." 
 
"Fine fine~" Min left the counter area, "Oh by the way, mom wants to know if you're coming over for dinner." 
 
"I'm sure I can make it." 
 
Min smiled, "You better! I'll see you later, bye Luhan-oppa!" She waved bye before leaving the café. 
 
"You're sister looks just like you, but she's so different." Luhan laughed as he closed up the cashier. Xiumin nodded, "I know... she can be a bit... fiesty."
 
"But she's cute." 
 
"Hey. That's my sister." Xiumin playfully punched Luhan in the shoulder. 
 
"Well one day someone is going to like your sister in a way that isn't so friendly." Luhan raised his eyebrows.
 
"Well it won't be happening under my nose." Xiumin stated, sounding pretty confident about it.
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
I think these short chapters are just becoming character introductions for the girls XD Oh well~ Yes Min is the younger sister to Minseok because well... it's my story and I do what I want! I'm not sure why Baekhyun doesn't like Min, but I think it's a good storyline for the two~