The Cutting Edge (D.O/OC)

EXO Fanfic Library

Title: The Cutting Edge

Author: amber_rose

Characters: OC, Do Kyungsoo

Current Chapters: 35

Status: In-Progress

Description:

"All you need is a pair of scissors to get you through the day."

That was what her father said to her when she first stepped into the shop, and that was the motto that she lived by ever since.

Small town girl Song Hyejin grew up with a pair of scissors in her hand, spending her high school days in her father's barber hop cutting crew cuts for young men who were about to enlist in the army; this was how she was intending to spend the rest of her life. When top star Kim kai walks into the shop one rainy day demanding that she give him a haircut even though it is past opening hours, her life gets thrown straight into a raging hurricane known as the world of showbiz.

Enter Do Kyungsoo, hairstylist to the celebrities, touted by all the country's fashion magazines as the golden hands that could catapult anyone, literally anyone, from obscurity to stardom. When his limelight gets stolen unceremoniously by the head of hair atop one Kim Kai (whom he had callously rejected to style just days before), his ego takes a beating that he will never forget.

When he finds out who it is who was responsible for his humiliation, he vows to show this clueless suburban girl what it truly means to be hair-raisingly good with a pair of scissors.


Okay, I am officially listing this author as one of my faves in the entire site.

The primary aspect that I love is her characters, and how she writes them. The characteristics of her leads are so unique, and most of all, they are portrayed like real human beings! I mean, we see a lot of top star Kai in other stories, but his circumstances are different. I won't spoil the fun for you there haha. With Hyejin, I like the fact that she's portrayed as someone who is not overwhelmingly good from the start, but someone who improves. It is very entertaining to see her progress, not only with her romance with Kyungsoo, but also on her skills and relationships with other people as well. And she's not portrayed as Wonder Woman who is brave all the time, but also has her vulnerabilities. With Kyungsoo, my gosh, where would you find other stories with hairstylist Kyungsoo?!!! That alone was able to catch my attention! Her side characters are also equally entertaining to read as well!

Read the story here!