Love & War (Kai/OC)

EXO Fanfic Library

Title: Love & War

Author: amber_rose

Characters: OC, Kim Jongin

Current Chapters: 38

Status: In-Progress

Description:

 

"He's the devil in disguise."

That was the kind of man that everyone thought he was. Thousands of lives had been ended in his hands, families torn apart, homes consumed by flames - they feared him, they hated him, and they wanted him dead.

 

"He has no weaknesses."

THat was what they told her when they sent her to his side. Her mission? To uncover a single crack beneath the seemingly perfect facade of the devil, so that they could deal him the critical blow.

 

She thought she had prepared herself for everything that was to be expected.

 

She didn't expect him.


BEAUTIFUL. That I could say about this fic. Again, it has the one aspect that I always look for in stories that I like: character development. The side characters are also something to look out for. I mean I love Jongin and So Eun but I'm definitely loving Sehun in this one. He's like a giant ball of sunshine in this fic, which is refreshing considering the suspense haha. The plot is definitely good as well. The problem with these type of fics (falling-for-the-enemy fics) is sometimes it strays from its plot, and unknowingly focuses more on the romance between the leads. I have no problem with romance whatsoever, but come on, too much fluff is too cheesy. For me, I prefer realistic stories, some that can be related to in some way. Back to the fic, it implies the romance, but it focuses more on the conflict at hand, and the series of events sometimes leaves me at the edge of my seat. (Thank goodness for fast updates haha). Honestly, I don't know what will happen next. Haha.

SPOILER! That moment before Jongin leaves in Chapter 38, okay, I melted and cried. Read this gem now please <3

Read the story here!