Karaoke?

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I was dancing when the phone rang. I checked the time. Around dinner time, seven. Who would be calling? Oh, my sister. "Yo!" "Yo?" a guy's voice. "Yo, yo, yo," he mocked. "Who is this?" I asked. "What?" he asked in Korean. "Who is this?" I asked in Korean. "It's Key. I told you I'd make it up to you." Was Key seriously talking to me on the phone?! "We're eating right now but then we're going to meet up for karaoke. I wanted to invite you. What? Just a second. What, Taemin? No, I'm not telling her that. So, can you come?" "Uh, yeah, but I haven't ate yet so I might be late. But is this a prank?" Key laughed, "No. I'm being serious." "Hello?" Jonghyun asked, "You're coming right?" "It is a prank. No, I'm not coming. See, Key? She doesn't believe you. No, I'm talking. Taemin, said he wants to see you dance and Key said you still owe him that Bo Peep dance. Onew is upset with you still. You cut him deep." I heard Onew's laugh. "Well, we'll be there if you want to come. Key will message you the address. Key, where are we going?" "I'm not telling you. You'll lie." "He'll send you it. You'd better show up or Taemin and Onew will never forgive you." He hung up. I rolled my eyes. It was a prank. I tossed my phone on the bed. I did need to eat though.

I came back after changing to go eat. My phone blinked. I grabbed it. "I owe you one so let me make it up to you please. Here's the address." I shook my head but how bad could the prank be? Another opportunity I wouldn't have taken. I was such a coward. How did I live up until now? I went out and bought something with a lot of vegetables and a little chicken. Red meat made me feel even more sick. After eating I stopped in front of the karaoke bar. I stared at the door. I felt sick to my stomach. I'd only go in, use their restroom, and then leave. I pushed open the door. The lady behind the desk looked up. "American?" she asked me. "Uh, yeah," "They're at the end of the hall. They got here a half hour ago or so." I walked up to the desk. "Is there a prank?" I asked. "Huh?" she asked. "Is it like Hidden Camera?" "Uh, no, they just told me a blonde American might come in and send her to their room." "Oh, are there any cameras at all?" "No," she shook her head like I was crazy. "Oh, okay, where's the restroom?" "Around the corner," "Thanks," I started over to it. "Americans," she scoffed.

My cell phone buzzed. "Yo," I mumbled. "You sounds awful," Rache panicked. "Are you sick?" "I'm dying, Rache. Yes, I'm sick." "Are you like throwing up?" "Not anymore." "I'm so sorry." "Yeah, I'll be fine in a minute or two. How is everything?" "Mom still isn't back from her business trip." She would travel a lot for her job. She was some kind of personal assistant. "And Father is always too busy." "Of course, have they even noticed the money gone?" "No, I filled it into his checkbook though so he can't yell for me messing up the balance or whatever. Anyways, how is it there?" "Right now? Good. I'm having a great time." "That's perfect! So you made friends?" "Yeah," "Good." "I'm actually busy now, but I'll talk to you later." "Okay, it doesn't matter what time it is." "I know. Good night, er, good morning." "Bye." I hung up. Then I stepped out of the restroom. I stopped and sprayed my breath and dropped it and my phone in my purse. "Ya!" I turned. "You're late!" "Actually, I'm leaving." Key ignored me and just dragged me over to the room.

Inside Jonghyun was singing. He glanced over, saw me and then concentrated on the screen again. I expected him to know all the songs. I realized the song was in English. Taemin waved. Minho nodded his head in acknowledgment. Onew was dancing crazily so I doubted he even noticed I entered. "She tried to run away." "You should've let her," Onew said. I nodded, "I know. So cruel." "Have a seat." "So, why am I here again?" I asked sitting down. My heart had started racing again. Key's phone rang between songs. "I say that you sing." "I can't." He shoved me up out of my seat and sat down in it. "Yeobeseyo? Oh, yeah, we're there right now. Alright, bye." Taemin got up and picked a song, "Know this one's dance?" he asked. I nodded. He started it. "I'll sing if you dance." "Thanks,"

I practically melted hearing his voice. I had heard him sing a couple times in videos but this was not the same. Jonghyun's hadn't been the same either but Taemin's was instead of soulful was more soft and inviting. I tried to concentrate on dancing. "Whoo!" Key cheered. He got up and joined me. The song ended and I dropped into a seat. If I danced too much the my limbs would swell and bring on more pain. I decided just to sit and watch now. "You alright?" Minho asked me. I gave him a bright smile, "Yeah, fine."