Arbor Day

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

They had a schedule of planting trees with other idols but this time I could join in. But we stood around waiting for everything to be set up. "Lyd!" I turned and Yoseob threw his arms around me. "It's been weeks!" "How was your tour?" I asked as JongHun peeled him off of me before HongKi returned from the restroom. "It was so much fun!" I looked at the other members of Beast but they were talking to other idols. "I'm glad you had fun." "Hey! You're wearing it! So you like it?" "I love it. Thank you." Yoseob gleamed. I suppose HongKi is here so you can't come with us." Someone leaned on my shoulders from behind, someone taller than HongKi. "She's already taken," MinHwan stated. Yoseob laughed. "Alright, well later this week we'll buy you dinner, okay?" I nodded and Yoseob caught up with the rest of his group. I tilted my head back to see who was leaning on me. JongHun pulled back. "What did he give you?" JaeJin asked. "Huh?" "What are you wearing that Yoseob bought?" "He bought me this for White Day." I tugged on the necklace. I hadn't taken it off like I promised. They looked upset. "My business. Don't worry yourselves. HongKi already knows." "I know what?" HongKi grabbed my hand. "About the necklace." "Oh, yeah, I was thinking we could split into three groups." "Look who's trying to be the leader," Seunghyun laughed. "No, it's just that's what I heard others were doing."

"Can you grab the tree?" HongKi asked as he dug through the dirt. I grabbed it and couldn't move it. "Look, the girl groups are planting flowers. Why couldn't we do that?" "Do I look like I should be planting flowers?" HongKi looked up at me for an answer. "A little," I teased. "Can you help me with this?" HongKi got up and reached around me and lifted it. After it was placed next to the hole, HongKi got back down. I got down on my knees to push it in. "Boo." I jumped and fell over. I stared up at Jonghyun grinning beside Key. "You two are slow," Jonghyun complained and pushed the tree in for me. "I'm sorry. I've never planted a tree before." "Don't let him fool you. He mostly stood around and watched." "Hey, that's what I'm doing!" I grinned and held up my hand for a high five. He glared. I laughed. HongKi had a look of disgust on his face and stared down at his nails. I crouched down. "We can go and fix them after this, okay?" "I wish this thing wasn't being filmed," he murmured. "Why?" I asked. I saw a look in his eyes that made my heart race. "Mind if we steal her for a few minutes?" Key asked and grabbed my hand. I stumbled after him.

"Lyd!" Taemin's eyes lit up. "They're having a dance battle after a few more groups finish. Want to enter with me?" I wasn't supposed to dance anymore. How could I tell that to the boy sitting before me with the longing eyes? I smiled, "Sure, why not?" One time wouldn't hurt, would it? "Great, I'll sign us up." He pushed himself off the ground and manuvered through the crowd to a table. "I should get back to..." I felt his arm go around me and turned to smile at him. "Perfect timing," I said. "Let's go find the others. They're probably lost without me." "How lost could they be? You dig a hole and drop the tree in." He pulled me away anyways.

HongKi and I were apart for the dance battle. I'm sure he was watching but I couldn't find him. I stood next to Taemin. During the dances he mentioned their weaknesses and moves we could do. Yoseob stepped up. He looked upset. "What are you doing?" he hissed. "What?" "You know better. Dancing?" My eyes nervously shot to Taemin who was good at pretending not to hear. "I can't really say no," I hissed back. "It'd be a red flag." "I don't care if it means holding up a sign. Something bad is going to happen and I know it."