The Unforeseen

Decisions.

For a minute, I stared at him, frozen.

“Sehun, come here!” was what I heard in between exchanged stares.

That's when I first saw him……………………………..

 

 

 

Our eyes met. I lost count on how long we stared at each other in the eye, it just seems like time had stopped. Just for us. He was captivating – it wasn’t like any ordinary kind of attraction; it was those that makes your heart skip a beat, the one that was so true to believe and so hard to put into words. Blonde hair, brown eyes, definitely charming features. The way he brings himself, I could tell he wasn’t that simple as he seems. I was simply captivated. As I stared at amusement, I see his gaze slowly focusing back on me. It felt strange, I couldn’t exactly explain it. I watched as he slowly furrows his eye browns. His actions hit me after a few seconds as I quickly looked away. I wondered what his little actions meant. Was because I was being rude for starring? I couldn’t tell. Well, if it’s so, I simply got myself into deep trouble. Sensing stares on me, I lowered my head to avoid everything but I could still sense the stares. It wasn’t only one, but more than one. Then, whispers slowly came along. Oh god.

 

 

I couldn’t comprehend the situation. For once, I badly wanted to dig a hole and hide. A thousand and one thoughts filled my mind. What was I even thinking and doing? I couldn’t even figure it out myself. For that moment, in between stares, I couldn’t even figure out why I was behaving that way. I couldn’t see what got me all hooked up into him that I actually lost my sense and ruined my plans to stay away from the group on that very moment. All I knew at the back of my mind was that I had just screwed things up just by staring at that guy. That guy who was part of the oh-so-popular group, those I badly want to stay away from. That guy, who I couldn’t remember his name but who I was simply enchanted by.

 

 

Minutes passed by. It seems like hours had pass before I finally was greeted by the sight of Xiumin. Though it was only a difference of two minutes from the incident, I just couldn’t help but want to get away as soon as possible. The whisperings didn’t stop, but I was too drowned out by my thoughts to simply care. All I could do was to mentally strategized some plans for the worst ever thing that will be happening to me anytime soon. Even though I couldn’t really figure out what. As soon as Xiumin appeared, I quickly grabbed my backpack and rushed towards him. “Luhan! Did I make you wait for long?” Xiumin shouted from one end as I scurried over him.

 

 

“Luhan? Oh, so his name is Luhan.” That was the last thing I heard before the voices faded as I stumbled in front of Xiumin. “What have I ever done to deserve all these? Great Luhan, you just won yourself a prize.” I thought to myself.  

 

 

Xiumin’s presence was comforting, that I simply forgot all about the existence of today’s morning incident. We got along really well. It seems like we’ve known each other for years, even if it was actually just for a day. We shared many things in common, which was really rare to have met someone who does. We laughed and talked about many things over lunch. I got to know more about Xiumin and also the University and the people here. Speaking about people here, I hesitated to ask Xiumin about the oh-so-popular group at first. But since it’s going to be important to find out about them after the morning incident, I decided to ask about it. Xiumin mentioned that all he knew were that everyone inside were filthy rich and mostly spoilt kids but on a side note some were really smart but they were mostly getting into trouble especially a guy named Kai. The last thing he said was not to get close to them and try to avoid them as much as possible because they didn’t seem good. “Source is confirmed and proven.” I mentally noted. This was when I was once again reminded about that very moment but I eventually shrugged the thought off when Xiumin moved on to something else.

 

 

Everything went well after morning’s incident. I haven’t really thought about that guy. Well, not until I was in my last tutorial for the day. It was about business management. He was there, brown eyes, ruffled blonde hair, still that combination of captivating features. My eyes watched that figure as he walked in the lecture room, late for the tutorial. “No, no way.” I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes as though I was dreaming. He looked up, searching. He was probably looking for a vacant seat but instead he found something else. There it was again, that very familiar scenario. Our eyes met once again. This time instead, I stared in total shock and horror. I fumbled against my notes as I tried to avoid that stare. Thankfully, the lecturer captured his attention after that very minute as I was set free. I owe my lecturer a favor. “Mr. Oh Sehun, quickly settle down. You’re already late for 5 minutes. There’s a vacant seat there. Run along and I’ll see you after this for a really good explanation for not being on time.”

 

 

Oh Sehun. “Oh Sehun. So his name was Oh Sehun.” I thought as I mouthed his name. I stared blankly as I tried to register everything in my brain. I watched him make his way over to my direction. I blinked a few more times and it hit me that he was appointed to seat beside me. No, I don’t owe my lecturer a favor. I didn’t know what to do. I always do, but for that moment it seems to me that I’ve lost it. I didn’t plan for this. How could I not? Ruined, was the best word to describe me at the moment. Who would have known I was that unlucky. I tried to fix things by trying to come up with an emergency plan, focusing my attention back on the lecturer as I avoided him. “Wasn’t him in Architectural or Medical?” I thought as I was reminded that Xiumin mentioned that the group only had a business student named Kyungsoo and that the rest were in Architectural field or not Medical. After seconds, I felt him take a seat beside me. .

 

 

Three hours, I calculated. Three hours left till the end of this tutorial. Hell. It was totally hell for me especially when Oh Sehun, that guy from the oh-so-popular group who I offended was sitting right next-to-me. Chances that I would actually survive here was two out of a hundred percent as I calculated the odds. I tried really hard to focus and ignore the fact that he was beside me but it seems really impossible when I sense glances from him every now and then. Hours literally felt like years as I gulped trying to maintain my calm self. Then, the silence was broken between us after probably a few minutes as my stomach tied itself into knots and my heartbeat racing so fast like it’s about to experience a failure soon. “So…. I guess you’re the newly transferred kid, Luhan?” he questioned as he turned and looked towards me. Goodbye world.  I blinked as if I was lost as I slowly turned to look back at him, jaw dropped wide open.

 

 

I couldn’t remember how long it took for me to regain my composure. “Keep calm and cool.” I mentally repeated to myself. He watched me as if waiting for a reply before he continues. I didn’t actually know how to answer that, I wasn’t sure to admit to him that Luhan was my name and that I was the one who was rude to him.

 

 

“Does it matter? Even if it is or even if it’s not, I don’t think there’s a need to know since I’m insignificant and I’m nobody. I don’t think you need to know anything else about me.” I shrugged as I looked back to his direction. I wasn’t sure where I got the courage from to say such a thing. But one thing for sure, I guess I sure did mess up and make things worse. Then, silence engulfed us. He seems shocked by my sudden encounter but then slowly his lips formed a curve. He smiled at me. I didn’t know what it meant behind that smile. Was it genuine friendly kind of smile? Or was it a smile that hid a hundred plans behind it? I didn’t know but I guess it was the second option. Three hours, it passed with a silent and weird tension between us I couldn’t put into words. I tried hard to ignore Sehun and focus on the lecture for the whole while. While Sehun seems uninterested and all he did was falling asleep and passing time. When it all ended, I hurried to pack my things hoping to escape out of the University and most importantly Oh Sehun before anything happens. But I was held back a sudden grasp on my arm. .  

 

 

 “You’re such an interesting kid. Goodbye and see you around. Luhan.” That was the last words exchanged as he stressed the word ‘Luhan’ before he set my arm free as he walked out of the lecture room while I stood there, shocked beyond words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I am so excited to share chapter 3 on it and I’m working on it now. It’ll probably be out sometime next week! I guess I’ll update this fic every week because I will be busy with college life soon. I’m a freshmen in college so there’s a lot to catch up. Anyway, just to spoil you and give you a rough idea on the next chapter. There will be a lot of sudden events that shocked luhan and sehun, not forgetting a lot more hunhan moments to come soon. This is just the beginning to their story. I miss hunhan moments so much especially with the sudden hunhan brought up these days. Don’t worry! I trust hunhan will be back soon. Let’s keep on waiting for them and till now keep loving hunhan and supporting this fic! Thank you to new subscribers and do leave me comments for me to improve on this fic. I would appreciate if you guys subscribe / leave comments / upvote! It’d be great! Your support really means a lot to me and it gives me a lot of inspiration to continue to write. Oh yes, and if there're any grammer errors i'll correct them real soon. I'm off now to watch exo showtime. Till then, those who are currently studying like me, work hard and you’d be like luhan! Hehe. Also, don’t forget to play hard too! (-: