Counting

Decisions.

“You’re such an interesting kid. Goodbye and see you around. Luhan.”

That was the last words exchanged as he stressed the word ‘Luhan’ before he set my arm free as he walked out of the lecture room while I stood there, shocked beyond words.

 

 

One week in University went by fast that it felt that the first day here was yesterday. I never really had time for anything except University related stuffs. Like usual, I met Xiumin all the time. After that faithful day with Sehun as my “desk mate” for three never ending hours, I dreaded lectures and tutorials when it came to business management. Not because I didn’t like it, but basically Sehun was there. Two days, I counted was when we last met since that lecture. Two days, was how long I spent thinking about the last words he said and wondering if it brought another meaning to it. I didn’t actually know. Regarding why Sehun was in my lecture class when he took architecture, I was really curious to find out. I have mentioned to Xiumin about it but the result came out was zero, Xiumin didn’t know too.

 

 

“Oh Sehun.” I murmured to myself as I compiled all information of him in my head. Two days, since I last saw him, I have actually been picking up pieces of information about him and piecing each of them together. I didn’t actually know why I did that. Oh Sehun, mysterious, rich, successor of a well-known company, popular among girls, had three dates, which were all out of dares. I overheard that the longest he dated among them was for about a few months but he didn’t had feelings for any. .

 

 

Four days, it came to the most dreadful lecture. The day before I actually made plans on how to make sure he doesn’t sit beside or anywhere near me. As I entered the lecture hall, it was totally empty because I was 10 minutes early. I like being early because it meant that choosing seats was possible and it gave me time to think alone. I made my way to the back corner sit, hoping I wouldn’t get spotted by Sehun. I counted the possibilities of the lecturer shifting him to the back beside me, and I concluded it was zero as he was such a troublemaker. I think it was 8 minutes that it passed before I spotted a familiar figure entering the hall. I mentally prayed that he wouldn’t make his way here as I watch him climb up the stairs, searching for an empty seat. I think god heard my prayers as I felt someone take a seat beside me. Safe, was what I felt at that moment. I slowly turned my head to whomever my savior was, totally forgetting about Sehun for a minute.

 

 

“Hi. My name is Kyungsoo.” I watched blankly as the stranger beside me extended his hand towards me. I was confused for a second because that name was familiar but nevertheless I exchanged a handshake and introduced myself. Before I could ask Kyungsoo anything, that familiar voice rang, it was Sehun. “Hi hyung.” Sehun greeted as he took a seat beside Kyungsoo. It was then that I realized Kyungsoo was part of Sehun’s team, should I say gang. No, . “Hi Luhan.” Sehun chirped as he smirked at me. I couldn’t actually figure out what Sehun and Kyungsoo were whispering when I got distracted by the lecturer stepping in, ready to start his lessons as I turned my focus to the front. I was totally trying to compose myself because truthfully I just wanted to hide in a corner. It was too much to handle as I started hallucinating. The worst part of everything was that things didn’t go well when I ended up paring with Sehun out of 150 students for the finals project. How was that even possible when no matter how many times I counted that the chance of pairing up with Sehun was 1 out of 150. Ugh.

 

 

Five days, since the most horrible thing happened that I actually got paired with Oh Sehun. Sometimes I really wonder what I was so afraid of whenever it comes to Sehun. Sometimes I do actually feel that he’s kind of a nice person but most times it was danger when it comes to him. Was I afraid that I do get beaten up from that past incident? Or was I actually afraid of something else? I didn’t know why. I’ve been bugged by questions I couldn’t answer. Everything, when it comes to Sehun was mysterious. It seems like I can have everything perfectly planned whether it’s studies or others but when it came to Sehun, I couldn’t actually do the same. Nothing ever works out well when it came to Sehun or Sehun related. I wasn’t looking forward to working with Sehun for the project but I didn’t have a choice. I figure out that complaining and requesting my lecturer for a change wasn’t going to change a thing so I might as well live with it.

 

 

It was only feasible to exchange contact numbers because we would need to contact and work together closely if we want a better grade for the finals project. It wasn’t a solo work but a work for two. Six, was the number of seconds it took to exchange our contacts. For the whole lecture, the lecturer was basically briefing us on the project and then leaving the time for us to discuss in our pairs. Seven minutes, was the amount of time I was left with Sehun. We both settled in a corner of the hall, silence took over us and were left in an awkward tension of silence. I was a nervous wreck inside, I didn’t know what to say but I figure out that I have to do something if I want good grades for my finals so I decided to make the move and break the silence. But who knew when we broke the silence together. We looked at each other as Sehun burst out into laughter slowly followed by mine. It felt good and weird at the same time but the least it took away my nervous self. It just took that moment to see that Sehun wasn’t really bad at all, but I wasn’t too quick to draw my conclusion here. Back to getting serious, I gave instructions and plans on what to do for the project while Sehun just left it up to me to decide. Most times I did all the talking while he just nodded. If there’s one thing I found out about Sehun today, it was that he didn’t like business management at all. Which brings me to my next question, why did he even take it? It was hard to find out.

 

 

Whether a not I actually like Sehun or dislike this guy, it was a confusing question in my mind. I didn’t actually know how to feel about it because at times he seems nice like that day but other times he seems scary. I wasn’t sure on how to explain it. I didn’t actually know if it was a good idea exchanging contacts. Eight steps, what I took out the lecture hall when I received a message from Sehun.

 

 

From: Sehun

It’s always a pleasure to have me as your pair because soon you’ll find out why. See you at the library later lu. (-:

 

From: Luhan

Leave me alone, I just want my grades. Whatever.

 

 

As I pressed the sent button, I tossed my phone in my bag and headed to my next location. It really got me thinking what Sehun was up to, it sounded really creepy and it freaked me out. But still, I badly need good grades for my finals for my parents to be proud of and Sehun is not going to ruin it at all. I noted that playing cool was what it was to get such people like Sehun to stay away.

 

 

Nine minutes, I looked on my watched on the time left till my meeting time with Sehun. As usual, I was early. I made my way to the corner of the library and took a sit. Arms rested on the table, head burying in my arms as I closed my eyes and thoughts filled me up. I was tired, too tired from all the thinking that I unknowingly drifted to sleep with the cozy and cold atmosphere surrounding me. I woke up to find a black sweater wrapped around me and Sehun right in front of me sketching something.

 

“You’re awake?” Sehun whispered looking at me while he put his sketch book away. I yawned and nodded looking back at him. I look up and realized that I have been asleep hours.

 

 

“Oh gosh, why didn’t you wake me up? I’m sorry… that you waited for me. Thank you for the sweater.” I questioned as I fumbled to gather my materials for the project and I took off the sweater to return to Sehun.

 

 

“You seemed too tired, so I figured out that I shouldn’t do so and that it’s alright I can complete my sketches. You’re welcome. I think you should wear it on, you seem to be very cold.” Sehun replied.

 

 

I figured out that Sehun is really bad in business management and that he didn’t really like it at all. But still, he’s foundation for it was there. But when it came to drawing graphs or charts, he was really good in it. I had planned beforehand of our roles a day ago, so it was more efficient as we spilt the task. I figured out that Sehun was sure to give up and push the task to me guessing on his personality and his uninterested self for business management which was totally right. Sehun was constantly complaining and giving up time to time asking me to do everything instead as he got really frustrated by all those statistic we have to study. After a while, he ended up lazing in one corner. I didn’t actually want to have to do this all by myself and the fact that it would be affecting my grades it was important for Sehun cooperation. But persuading didn’t seem really possible for Oh Sehun here. “,” I grumbled. Then, I thought of starting a bet with him on who will complete the most things by the time we wrapped up and that the penalty was a treat on dinner. Knowing that no one would ever want to lose, especially those who have been winning their whole lives, it will definitely serve as a great motivation for Sehun. Psychological effect, it was. Plus, it would benefit me because I was on the winning streak for the meal and the results for the project after that. We wrapped up around 10pm at night as we both started feeling tired. As predicted, Sehun totally lost the bet although it actually gave him determination to complete his tasks but still he was close to winning. We made our way to the nearest restaurant as Sehun was complaining about how he could actually win and that it wasn’t fair. I laughed and as our conversations slowly die down to a silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence like before, it was comforting and warm. It felt different, for the moment I swear it was the best.

 

 

During the walk to the restaurant, I thought a lot about the events today. Sehun didn’t actually seem bad at all, he was very nice. He was someone hilarious and kind of interesting, I do say. But if he was, why was almost everyone asking others to stay away from the popular gang? Even Xiumin warned me to. I couldn’t much figure out why. Have I not known the real them? The real Oh Sehun?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: omg, i'm finally done with chapter 3. like usual, i'll edit mistakes asap. college life has been quite busy for me and i'm so so so sorry for being unable to update weekly. i'll try to stick with one update every week / two weeks if i can. anw, thank you new suscirbers and keep the comments coming too! thank you all for supporting! (-: