Thoughts

Decisions.

During the walk to the restaurant, I thought a lot about the events today. Sehun didn’t actually seem bad at all, he was very nice. He was someone hilarious and kind of interesting, I do say. But if he was, why was almost everyone asking others to stay away from the popular gang? Even Xiumin warned me to.

 I couldn’t much figure out why.

 Have I not known the real them?

The real Oh Sehun?

 

 

As we step in the restaurant, a strong sweet smelling scent filled my nostrils. I stopped in my tracks and I shut my eyes as that familiar scent engulfed me. “Mmm, perfect. Strawberries scented candles,” I murmured.  Strawberries scented candles, I have always loved them since young, it reminds me of how my mum will always place and lit them up in my room before tucking me to bed. I just love strawberries in total. “Luhan, come on.” Sehun’s husky voice interrupted my thoughts as he held my arm and pulled me to his side. It was then I realized how close we were by each other sides. My cheeks were starting to heat up when I realized I was blushing, I was shy. I looked down blushing and stole a quick glance at Sehun. Perfect, was the word to define him at that very instant especially with the setting of the atmosphere around us. The restaurant was dimly lighted with candles, the furniture were elegant yet it gave me a homely feel, it was quiet and the perfect place I’d say.  We were led to a corner of the restaurant and we sat across each other.

 

“Luhan…” Sehun spoke. “This place reminds me of you.” 

 

“Wh-what? What are you talking about?” I panicked. I didn’t know how or what to feel for that very instant. I didn’t understand why Sehun was with that sudden confession. Was it even a confession? I don’t know.

 

 “Sweet, just like those strawberry scented candles.” Sehun spoke, sounding serious.” You’re as sweet as them and you smell like them. Elegant, is what you appear to be yet there’s that comfortable feeling you give me. It feels like home. I don’t really get why but I just feel that way.” Sehun continued and smiled at the end of it.

 

Taken back by his sudden words, I broke the stare between us and looked away.

 

“Thank you so much Luhan, really.” He smiled and then burst out laughing.

 

I didn’t understand that too. I didn’t understand what Sehun meant.

 

“What was that for? What was that ‘Thank You’ for?” I questioned.

 

“For everything.” Sehun whispered.

 

 

Dinner was over with small chats in between after all those weird conversations exchanged that got me so awkward. By the time we left the restaurant, it was really late and dark. I thanked Sehun for the meal and we planned to meet up another day to complete out project. We parted in front of the restaurant as we bid goodbye to one another. We took different directions and started walking.

 

1……..2……..3…….4…….. 4 steps and I turned back.

 

“Sehun!” I shouted.

 

Sehun stopped at his tracks, turn around and looked at me in curiosity.

 

“Can you…. Can you walk home with me? I’m………… I’m afraid.”

 

“Aww, baby luhan is actually afraid. Sure, but you owe me one.” Sehun grinned and nooded.

 

“Shut up….. Fine, I owe you one.” I said.

 

Honestly, I was afraid of the dark and the thought of going home alone in the dark creped me out. I rather risk my pride than my life for this.

 

“So…….. since you owe me a favor of walking you home, it seem it will come handy to me.” Sehun teased as he walked towards me.

 

“Whatever. Just no violence or anything that involve risking my life, it is fine.” I rolled my eyes.

 

 

The walk home with Sehun was horrible, but not as horrible as walking alone in the dark. At times, I have to confess that I do like his presence there which was comforting but when he teases me, I wish I could just stab him. As we walked pass a small alley, I could hear ruffling of bushes and it freaked me out because the next thing I know, I screamed and jumped onto Sehun and held him tight. I had really bad experiences when it came to that alley, mostly because I heard many haunted stories about it that it freaked me out even in daylight. I think I got so scared I started hallucinating and tears slowly streamed down my face.

 

 

“Luhan? Luhan? Luhan, are you alright? It’s okay…….. I’m here. Shh….. don’t cry. I’m here and it’s gonna be alright.” Sehun whispered as he hugged me.

 

“Sehun….. I’m scared.” That was what I managed to utter, eyes shut as I cried in his chest.

 

 

We stood there for minutes as Sehun led me home with his hand holding on to mine. I walked in silence, trying to sort out my thoughts and recover from whatever that had happened. Sehun whispered comforting words to me while he held on tight to my hand.

 

 

“I’m alright now. Thank you. Thank you for just now. I had really bad experiences, I’m sorry if I freaked you out.” I muttered.

 

“It’s alright. I’m relief that you’re fine now. Rest well and sleep early. Don’t think too much about it. Goodnight Luhan.” Sehun smiled and we let each other hands go.

 

“Goodnight.” I replied as we parted and entered my house.

 

I felt a sense of lost when Sehun let go, it’s true how I love his presence. It felt safe, I didn’t know why. I thought a lot about Sehun that night before bed that it hurt my head. I thought about the many events which happened today. Sehun made me feel safe with him in just a day and the thought of danger was just washed away in that one day. I think I got over what people depict Sehun as, Sehun was good although he was an at times. Recalling those close encounters, it gave me butterflies in my stomach thinking about Sehun holding me in his arms and comforting me. It felt warmth and his whispers calmed me down. It felt safe when we held hands. It was when it came clear to me that maybe somehow or somewhat I was and am falling for him. Him, who I barely really understand but yet I was somewhat so attracted to. Him, whose presence I enjoy. No, this can’t be happening.

 

 

After that day, I thought I would head to the university being a laughing stock but it didn’t seem so. Sehun didn’t joke about it to me or mention it at all, I think he was afraid I freaked out again. As the deadline of the project drew near, we met often and we decided that my house will be ideal to place for us to complete our project partially because I couldn’t stand the dark and making Sehun send me home would be adding to the many favors I owe him and that was not going to happen, so I planned project discussions at my house. But that was when and how things start to escalate which made me confuse.

 

 

a/n: promised to be back and here it is, i'll edit mistakes and grammer later i'm heading out now for dinner. i just worked on chapter 5, i'm deciding for double updates for this week. pls hold on for the time being and thank u all for supporting. c: