Falling

Decisions.

Chapter 5 – Falling

 

After that day, I thought I would head to the university being a laughing stock but it didn’t seem so. Sehun didn’t joke about it to me or mention it at all, I think he was afraid I freaked out again. As the deadline of the project drew near, we met often and we decided that my house will be ideal to place for us to complete our project partially because I couldn’t stand the dark and making Sehun send me home would be adding to the many favors I owe him and that was not going to happen, so I planned project discussions at my house.

 But that was when and how things start to escalate which made me confuse.

 

Days became weeks and Sehun visits to my house became more frequent due to the hectic project we were working on. For the past 2 weeks, we got comfortable with each other. Although there were awkward moments together, but the relationship between us have improved in some way or another as we got kind of close. Sehun would usually stay till night time before leaving my house but as deadlines were drawing near we often find ourselves working on it past midnight. We often dozed off in between and it seems like Sehun unknowingly ends up having stay overs at my house. I often felt bad for slowing down our pace for the project because I often fall asleep halfway and it was impossible for me to focus since I did most of the ‘hard work’.  I think Sehun must have noticed that and he usually calls for breaks for me to rest which was really nice.
 

When it came to nights where I accidentally fall asleep, Sehun usually help to tuck me in bed properly, remove my black thick frame glasses and cover me with sheets. I came to realize all these when I woke up one night after Sehun tucked me to bed. I didn’t dared think much that he cared because I thought it was what someone would do for a friend.

 

“Luhan, I think we should take a break for a while. We’ve been working on this since 4pm and it’s already past midnight.” Sehun yawned as he spoke. I was so close to dozing off and I think Sehun might have noticed that which he then called for this break. I always felt guilty for that as was the frequent cause for the delay in our progress.

 

“Alright, let’s take a short break before continuing.” I rubbed my tired eyes as I flopped on my bed watching as Sehun shifts himself to sit beside me. My room wasn’t any large sized room with a walk-in closet or anything classy, it didn’t have really much space and it was small but comfortable decorated by simple furniture. A bed, table, closet, bedside table and most crucially shelves which held my books, trophies I won in soccer matches and that ball which I scored my first goal for, everything memorable was there in display. Sehun scans my collection of items then stares down at me.

 

“You do love soccer so much huh?” Sehun questioned.

“Yeah, it has always been my life. My dad’s a great soccer player, he used to teach me soccer until,” I paused before I continued. “Until his work life took it away. But it’s fine because he found me a coach to teach me after that.” For a minute there I felt sad thinking back at the memories because dad have really neglected me since then but still I know he loves me and he’s working so hard for me.

“Oh. You know… I’m sure your dad has taught you well for you to be such a great player by looking at the number of trophies you have on display. But still, I think I might out beat you if I took up soccer.” Sehun joked as he lay down beside me.

 

I chuckled and closed my eyes. Although I very much wanted to smack him in the face but I was just too tired and sleep was overtaking me. Sehun turned towards me and then I felt him stand up. He lifted the covers and laid them on me, then adjusting the pillow. “Goodnight, sleepyhead lu.”  He whispered. As he turned around to leave, I held onto his hand. I didn’t know why I did that but my mind was telling me to do so despite my sleepy self.

 

“Stay. It’s really late now.” I whispered trying to fight against my half-awake self.

“Alright, I will just get the pillows and sleep on the floor.” Sehun patted my hand to reassure me.

“No. You can just share the bed with me, its cold tonight.” I frowned.

“Okay, I will once I tidy up everything here. Just sleep you sleepyhead and I assure you that you’ll see my handsome face beside you once you’re awake tomorrow.” Sehun said and I drifted to sleep.

 

3am, I was awaken by the sound of thunder. Haven’t I told you that I actually feared the sound of thunder and every lightning bolt flashed scares the hell out of me. I realized that it has been raining very heavily as I rarely was awaken unless the rain was really bad and when it happens I’ll hide under my covers with my earpiece on trying to calm myself. I stirred and shuddered when the piercing sound of thunder rings in my ear. I wanted to scream out so badly but I’m sure it will wake everyone in the house up. Sehun, the name rang in my mind as I opened my eyes and found a sleeping figure next to me. The next thing I knew, I squeaked as the thunder roared so loudly it hurt my eyes and my heart was racing at that sudden shock.

 

“Luhan? Hey Luhan, are you okay?” A hand reached out to me as that familiar voice rang. My eyes were shut, hands covering my ears and trying to block the sound of the thunder as much as possible.

 

“Luhan, it’s alright. I’m here, it’s just thunder.” Sehun spoke as he reached out to hold me in his arms.

 

Scared, was what I felt as I shift closer to Sehun and buried my face in his chest, tears threatening to fall.

 

“Shh. It’s okay, I’m here just go back to sleep.” Sehun whispered soothing words as I feel asleep in his arms.

 

Birds chirping and the bright sunlight piercing through the window greeted me. I stirred and open my eyes for that brand new day that greeted me together with Sehun’s self-claimed handsome face.  But honestly, Sehun morning face was stunning in fact and it was at the same time funny. I chuckled at the sight and I felt Sehun stir beside me as he yawned and then his eyes fluttered open. It was awkward and weird to have Sehun starring down at me with his hands still around me. Our eyes locked and for that moment I wish we could just stay like this forever despite our awkward selves. I blushed and looked down as I still felt Sehun arms around me.

“Good morning scary cat. Was it great to wake up with a handsome guy beside you, holding you in his arms?” Sehun teased as he hugged me tighter.

I was taken aback for a minute and snapped back to reality.

“Yeah, right. So that’s your so called HANDSOME morning face.” I burst into laughter as I wriggled out of Sehun arms and sat up.

“So much for helping you yesterday, I should just leave you in the lurch and head back to sleep. Besides, I should have earned myself more sleep if you didn’t wake me up.” Sehun retorted.

“Shut up. We all have fears. Wait a second, except you. What do you even fear anyways?” I rolled my eyes as I spoke.

“Fear? I fear angry Luhan.” Sehun teased as he jumped out of bed before I could react.

“OHSEHUN, GO AWAY.” I snapped and threw a pillow at him and it hit him, almost.

“Woah, fine fine. I’ll go away and wash up now before I lose my life. Anyway, Good morning again Grumpy Lu.” Sehun said as he runs to the washroom and shuts the door.

“Ugh, just wait! You’re gonna get it!” I shouted as the door shuts. “Idiot. Good morning .” I muttered under my breath and I smiled.

 

Slowly, I fell deeper for that guy unknowingly. He was nice but still an at times. But still I found Sehun interesting and mysterious. Everything in me seems to be collapsing apart once I met him. I wasn’t that open to anyone before, I never really did talk about myself to anyone or even mention my family. Should I say that I never really like showing my fears to anyone but when it came to Sehun it just seems like the strong walls I build come collapsing down. I was really confused by my own actions too. That Luhan that seem like he has mentally organized himself and how he wants to be perceive as was now gone with the wind. Everything became complicated when I thought about it but simple when I’m with Sehun. It’s seems like I don’t really worry about anything when I’m with him and that most importantly I felt happy inside. I have let my guard fall when it comes to Sehun and that I don’t think of Sehun as danger at all now and there isn’t any thinking twice anymore when it comes to Sehun. I think it was love that has blinded everything around me. I think I fell too deeply for him.

 

Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months. Spending night asleep beside Sehun and waking up almost every morning and getting greeted by his face became a common thing. Hugs and snuggles also became a common thing as if it was something normal. It just came by naturally as Sehun will pull me into his arms and it’s funny how I’ll never move away but instead move close to him and snuggle beside him. We will chuckle and tease each other before falling asleep with each other company. I fell for Sehun and I think he felt the same way too when that night, was just like any other night we spend working on our project till the late hours did he confess to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: omg hunhan is progressing fast and they’re so cute together. Hunhan is back with the recent moments in the airport I’m crying ;;;; anyway, as promised my update is up! College life has been keeping me so so busy for the week I’m going to break down into pieces. Cries T___T oh yes! Thank you to new subscribers and do keep the comments, subscribes and everything coming. I love comments because it helps me improve. Anyway I think this chapter is kind of crappy and sloppy bc I’m rushing to complete it bc I still have a pile of work to do. Omg my sleep T___T but I’m glad to have spent it on this fic. I’m thinking of cutting short the fic to 15 chapters? I don’t rly have plans for now but still I’ll be back to update whenever I can. Mistakes and all will be corrected soon. Thank you for supporting once again! (-: