Freshman

Decisions.

 

Mornings, it's one of the best things ever in life. Waking up and realizing it's a brand new day to start with and that all of yesterday is just another memory. Every morning is another start in life and something to always be thankful for because who knows how many mornings can you ever wake up too. Since young, I always learnt how to appreciate things and that’s the way I am. Rising early have never ever been a problem for me. I do love waking up early mostly because I’ll enough time to get all prepared and double check everything before I leave home. I never like rush or ruin my schedules and plans, so everything has to go exactly as planned and every single second counts. It’s going to be the first day in a new environment and I couldn’t help thinking of how life will be in another university away from home. Looking around for the last time and checking my scheduler again and again, I was 100% positive that I was all ready and set to go.

 

 

“Bye Mum and Dad! Have a great day at work!” and that was the last thing I did every morning before shutting the gates.

 

 

"National Seoul High University." I thought to myself on how exquisite this university might sound. Sure, I did my homework on the web a week ago just to get an idea on how the university works here. It was so different from the one back home though. I heard that the University was the greatest here in Seoul and that only two kinds of people could enroll in it. One, the potentials, those who were aced every single subject. Two, the rich, those who were probably the next successor of some big established company. Truthfully, I don’t even know how I actually ended up there. I guess it was highly due to my grades. As a perfectionist, I’ve took things that concern my future seriously especially when it comes to grades. Since young, I always had plans on how I want my future to be like and success is only obtained with hard work which is eventually paid off with good grades to me.

 

 

 “Wow,” it was the first thing I breathed as I step into the compound. The building was designed with a complex yet amazing architectural structure with a huge compound consisting of 10 school buildings and the main hall. Each and every school were thoughtfully designed and built differently in a unique way, bringing out each school specialty. Filled with a wide range of facilities, this university had almost everything.  It was exactly like what it was described and pictured online. I was indeed amazed. The University seems great itself, but the only thing that bothers me a lot wasn’t the University but instead the people there.

 

 

The open spaced car parks were lined with costly branded cars I hardly heard of. Almost every single student here appears to be “expensive” and it just seems to be that I was attending some formal event at a high class hotel. Through observing the way they speak and act, you could tell that they were just one of the arrogant kids who lived a life where they were used to being served. Decorated with brands all over them, I began questioning whether they were here for some fashion showcase or otherwise. I was totally just like a torn in between the roses among the crowd. Whatever it was, it was a possibility of ten out of a ten that more than 90% of the students came from wealthy families where there were fed with a golden spoon ever since the day they were born.

 

 

I sighed as i weighed the chances of me having a great time here. "Welcome to hell, Luhan." I thought to myself. I never had great impressions of any of the students here. At the first look, I knew right away that most were one of the arrogant kids who thought that no one were better than them. Especially with an addition that I was ignored when I kindly asked for directions to the general office. They all either shrugged me off or told me to get away because I was in no position to speak to them. God, who do they think they actually are. I mentally noted to myself that my first survival skill here was to maintain a low profile here with an identity of a nobody. Since my main objective here was to get good grades and graduate then find a good job, it do be best to stay away from troubles. I actually really wondered how I was actually going to make any friends here. I came to a conclusion that I'd have some serious planning to do here.

 

 

Somehow, with the help of signs I managed to reach the principle office after minutes of helpless searching. I didn't much remember anything there just that I was greeted by a lady who was about 50 years in age. Then the next minute she had appointed this guy who seems to be different from the others which I met a moment ago. His hair was neatly combed to the side, big eyes and i was greeted with a wide smile. He was polite and friendly, not arrogant and unwelcoming. He introduced himself as Xiumin and somehow his facial shape reminds me of a food back home. Baozi, steamed buns it is. I thought it’d be all awkward around Xiumin, but it seems like such a situation will never come by with him. Xiumin brought me around the School Of Business since it's where I would be spending most of my time at. I noted the names and purpose of all the places in the school trying not to forget on how to get there. I don't really take risks in life especially not in this university. Hence, I noted every single detail down on my planner, not missing a single word. The tour with Xiumin was indeed interesting, in between introductions we talked about our interests and somehow we both seemed to share the same interest. Soccer, it is. I also figured out he was the "head of student councilor” in the business school and that he was majoring in food and business management which was a little similar than mine. It was all about business, just that I purely majored in business management and finance. We hit off really well and someone like Xiumin would be a great friend material in this hell.

 

 

The school was indeed huge and hard to get around, so Xiumin had offered to bring me to my classes after every lesson for today since the place was foreign to me. I rejected him at first, but he insisted as he’s afraid that I’ll be a lost mouse here and I already was truthfully. We agreed to meet at the benches nearest to Staircase D after first class and I knew where it was since it was near my first class. I thanked Xiumin for the short tour around before parting and heading to the first lecture of the day. But little did I actually know that there was pair of eyes who have been watching each and every movement of me................................................

 

 

 

Lecture classes in the morning had went by quickly. Ever since I stepped in class this morning, I was quickly introduced as the newly transferred student. Sure thing, almost no one even bothered as I wasn’t really anyone significant and that everyone here only hangs out with their clique. Step one, stay low and unknown. I mentally noted to myself again as I creep to the corner seat of the front row. For the whole time, I gave all my attention to the lecturer, jotting down notes every now and then and not forgetting raising questions to clear my doubts which in fact earned me some glaring stares. Without a doubt, it was clearly a sure thing to stay low and be unknown. It totally makes you stay out of necessary dramas in life. Well, especially in this university. I wondered how the other classes will be like since we didn’t really had fixed classmates. And on the positive vibe, I was thankful that Xiumin was actually in some of my classes.

 

 

 

As I made my way to the benches where I was supposed to meet Xiumin to head to the next class, I realized I was twenty minutes early, being the usual early self I was. “Well, extra time to prepare everything for the next class.” I thought to myself. I was probably too hooked up by sorting out my schedules that when I failed to notice danger in front of me. When I was about four meters away, I noticed that the oh-so-popular group of kids in school were hanging out at my meeting point with Xiumin, probably waiting for their next class. Not wanting to attract their attention, I walked swiftly pass them, head hanging low to probably about two benches away since it was the furthest I could go. Thank god, they were too engrossed in their conversations to notice such an insignificant me. It was such a relief as you don't know how much I overheard about them because practically they were the "hot topic" among the whole University. Everyone who were in the group were filthy rich kids who thought that there were the greatest and that they could just start a fight and get away easily from it. I pretty much noted that they spelt danger so it wouldn’t be nice to offend anyone in the group and it does seem best to not capture their attention or else I’d be ruining all my ‘being a nobody’ plan. I settled down at the bench and waited for Xiumin, mentally praying that he’ll come anytime soon because I had a really bad feeling that I might land myself in something not so nice anytime.

 

"Hey! What's up!" I mentally thank god as I turned my head to the direction of the voice. After minutes of silent praying that Xiumin would get here anytime soon and mentally cursing my luck, I thought that god have finally answered my prayers. Sure, I badly want to escape as I felt really insecure here, only because the bunch of people I wanted to stay away from so badly were starting to turn their attention to me. No, just hell no, it wasn’t Xiumin. In fact, the voice was from one of member of the group as I watched him wave to his group as he walked towards them. For a minute, I stared at him, frozen. “Sehun, come here!” was what I heard in between exchanged stares. That's when I first saw him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: please bear with me a little more, I bet I had a lot of grammer errors since I’m half asleep now. I’ll do amendments to all the language problems soon. I actually wanted to write more about sehun in this chapter but i'd thought it will be such a lengthy chapter then. so yeah, first chapter was about luhan's first day in school and you’ll get to know more about the boy who is about to change him in the next chapter. yay, i hunhan!!!!  Well, i guess this chapt was boring since I haven’t brought hunhan moments in. opps. oh well, I hope I didn’t disappoint any of you and that the next chapter will be up really soon!!! yes, not forgetting, thank you to those who commented and subscribed!! It do mean a lot (-':