A mess.

Living With EXO.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was late.

It was Soomin’s graduation day today. She’ll be graduating from high school in half an hour and yet she’s still home having a tug of war with her skirt zipper. She had about fifteen minutes left when she’s all set but it wouldn’t take more than twenty minutes to reach to her school. She wouldn’t make it on time.

She dashed out from her cubicle-size house when suddenly a blaring sound of a car horn could be heard. The car stopped in front of Soomin and the mirror on the driver’s side rolled down.

Soomin bent down a little, eyes squinted to get a clear view of the man behind the wheels.

“Woobin oppa!” she gasped, hands flew to cover up .

The man let out a soft chuckle – winking, he said, “Annyeong.”

Soomin giggled at his mischievous act. “What are you doing here, oppa?”

He raised an eyebrow. “Do you think I would miss your graduation day?”

“You remember!” Soomin’s face shone in glee.

“Of course I do. I wouldn’t miss it for a thing.”

“That is nice of you. Actually, I’m running late,” she bit her dry lips.

“Get in. I’ll drive you,” the man named Woobin motioned her to get into the passenger seat.

Without further delay, Soomin rushed to other side of the car and squeezed herself into the passenger seat before Woobin stepped on the gas and dashed through the empty road.

Kim Woobin – the only relative Soomin had ever had after she gained the title of an orphan. At least that’s what she wanted to believe – an orphan.

Woobin was her cousin and despite that, he took care of her like his own sister. No matter how busy he was, he would eventually find a way to remind her to not ever skip her meals and always keep the doors and windows locked at night. He was not more than a big, protective brother to Soomin and for that, she was glad to have someone to rely on. Someone actually cared, she thought. Not like that certain someone – someone she grew hatred on day by day.

Once reached her school when the car wasn’t even fully stop yet, she already plunged herself out of it as she was late for the ceremony.

“Soomin, wait!” Woobin called out.

“I’ll meet you at the hall, oppa! I’m late,” she waved before vanishing into the buildings.

Woobin let out a small chuckle as he scanned the area like a hawk for a space to park the car. 

 

---

 

“Lee Soyeon.”

“Kim Jinyoung.”

“Park Junsu.”

Names were being called one by one to the stage to receive their scrolls of appreciation. Soomin sighed in relief as she made it on time just before her name was called. She tapped her foot nervously as she waited for her turn.

“And now,” the principal began. “I am honoured to present this honourable award to this special student. She shows a great dedication and passion in both academics and co-curricular activities. With her great achievements, our school is gladly to offer this special award.” The principal stopped for a while as he scanned the hall before him, a smile plastered on his face forming wrinkles under his eyes.

“Please welcome Kim Soomin to the stage.”

Among the sea of students, there sat Soomin who was excitedly chatting with her friends.

“What?” she furrowed as her friends eyed her, jaw dropped.

“Yah, it’s you,” one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter