Review ► TheLandOfBrownSugar

Imaginations Poster and Review Shop [ BATCH 1 CLOSED | HIATUS ]

 

BEHIND THE MASK

by : TheLandOfBrownSugar

Title: [2/5] I really don't like mainstream stuff and I think the title is kind of too main stream, I've seen dozens of stories with a similar title. It's also not very interesting and attractive. I might only check out the story if it's a ship that I really like if it isn't, I'll maybe just pass it.

Graphics: [4/5] The poster was great, it has the right feels of the story, your layout is simple and readable, nice, and neat.

Foreword & Description: [7/10] Your description is fine, it doesn't reveal too much but, really straight to the point of the story. The description only made me a bit craving too know more but, overall it was nice. Foreword is plainly author's note and credits, nothing much.

Plot: [15/20I think the story seemed main-stream. In the first chapter I thought it was going to be like the typical quiet guy and popular girl love fan fic.The plot gets more interesting and the last chapter's plot twist is pretty interesting, I did expect that a bit thou. A cliche with a twist, it's still cliche. But hey, things like these never get old and you made a cliche better. Great job.

Characterization: [7/10] I could feel the character's emotion . I can feel both character's loneliness which they hide in different ways. By being an attention and a scary quiet guy. I also like how Sunny and Hoya's character has similarities in different ways. If you get what I mean. Still, these kinds of characters who hide who they really are is pretty often found in fanfics.

Originality: [6/10] I give you half because the plot is like cliche but, one extra point for you for making it a tiny bit interesting.

Flow: [9/10] Your flow is amazingly steady. Even though it's really short, all the chapters connect perfectly. It's also very perfectly paced. Plainly great.

Grammar & Spelling: [13/20] I do see some spelling and grammar mistakes. Some are not really that noticeable  Some are irritatingly noticeable, also making me distracted from the story. And it's not much of a surprise since English is not your first language. Some of your choice of words don't fit perfectly. Then again, it's still readable and not that bad.

Overall Enjoyment: [4/5] I liked it. Even though it's really short and all. A bit cliche, but you made it more interesting. Then again still kinda boring. Add the fact that I love one shots. So, I enjoyed it overall.

Bonus points: [5/5] 

Final Points : [72/100] Your points aren't maximum just because the story is a bit too cliche. Still, I believe you would write better stories in the future if you practice well and be more creative with your plot. Thanks for requesting for a review. I hope I wasn't too harsh and I hope I helped you with your story.