Kibum

We belong together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                         

 

Chapter 1 Kibum

 

 

There were screams all around me. They were running, all the elders and the young. Some were holding their children, some carrying their babies. But, one was left behind. A boy who was about 7 or 8, maybe, was sitting in the middle of the running crowds. He was screaming loud cries but no one cared. His parents must have left him out or did not bother to turn back to search for him. In the best case they're dead. I prefered that option than the two others if you understand my point.

 

A tall man came and carried the boy into his arms. That man did not look very old. I think he could be my age or in his early 20s. He sure has a kind heart. The man was searching from left to right. Maybe he was searching for the kid's parents.

 

Then, he stopped his stare at me.

 

I was sitting on the ground, back against the wall, almost out of breath. The screams had made my head dizzy and heavy. Even my visions are getting blurry. I did not care about the run anymore. If the plane came crashing this place, I would die and be buried here under the concretes. Losing all hopes, I shut my eyes, giving up my life.

 

Just then, I felt a sudden shake on my right shoulder. I opened my eyes slightly to see who it was. It was the kid's hero and the kid himself in the man's arms. The man was saying something but I could not make any sense out of it. The man mumbled something again but I did not respond. My eyes were shut again. The strong shake on my shoulder stopped few seconds later. Instead, I felt a hand behind my back and another under my knees.

 

I was lifted.

 

I did not know where we were heading to. With all the screams and dizziness, I fell into coma.

 

I cracked open my dry eyes after somewhat long time I had been sleeping. Everything was grey and I thought I was dead. I tried pushing myself up but it could not work, there was no strenght left in me. I groaned as I felt a pain on my leg. I tried to feel the injury but instead, I touched a bandage. I could tell from the touch, that the bandage was only a temporary one, done with a ragged cloth.

 

Then, I heard a gentle voice.

 

"You're awake?" asked the man. I turned slightly to look at him. I knew I had seen him before but I could not recall a thing. Then, a little boy's head popped out from behind the man. He too looked familiar but I did not want to hurt my brain to search for any clues.

 

"Why am I still alive?" I asked him, though I knew it was quite an unre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter