7

Things Went By (Really) Fast~ [HIATUS]*

 

 

I groaned loudly as I looked at the stack of papers in front of me. I massaged my temple as I buried myself in the paper, finishing as much as I can. I didn't realise how long it took me but I was distracted by the ringing of my phone. I sighed as I fished out my phone and answered the call, not looking at the caller's ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, is this Kang Jaekyung?" The caller asked. I arched my brow at the unfamiliar voice.

"Yes, she's here. Who is this?"

"Oh, where are my manners. I'm Krystal, Krystal Jung, the sister of Jessica. Does that ring a bell to you?" 

'Oh, god. It's Jessica's sister. What does she want from me?' I thought.

"Right. Is there anything that I can help?" 

"In case you didn't notice, I'm calling you through her phone, and yes, I do need your help." 

"Go on." 

"Right, so, Jessica hasn't been going out of her room since yesterday. I mean, I know she sleeps a lot but whenever I knock, she'd answer me, but strangely today, she hasn't been answering me and when I try to enter her room, it's locked. I tried calling her members but majority of them are having a vacation. Once again, if you're confused, their manager told the members that they can have a vacation, and Jessica came to my house last night, which was strange because she'd normally stay at the dorm because she'd rather be alone than going back to my house." She explained. My eyebrows furrowed as I started getting worried.

"Why did you reach for me? I mean, Jessica probably have a lot of friends other than me." She scoffed.

"I read the message that the both of you sent each other last night. God, I was cringing the whole time. Anyways, is it okay if you were to drop by and try to make her open the door? I think you can do it." 

"Alright, I'll be there in 10. Just message me the address" 

"No problem, and Jae? Thanks. It means a lot."

"No worries. I'm worried about her too. See you there." 

"See you." She hung up and I switched off my phone and placed it in my pocket. I packed my stuff and told my secretary to bring over a hoodie for me. She returned and gave it to me as I changed my clothes. I went to the parking lot, boarded the car and drove off. My phone beeped as the traffic light turned red. I took my phone and read the address, punching it onto my GPS.

I parked my car in front of the house as I exited, walking towards the front door. I rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. I could hear footsteps coming nearer to the door. The door opened and I saw Krystal in a mess. She looked so stressed out. I shook my head as I closed the door behind me and told her to sit down and take a nap while I try to talk to Jessica. She nodded and she passed out instantly. I placed my stuff on the floor as I walked upstairs. The first room's probably Jessica's room, because a paper was written on the front door; Jessica's room. Knock before coming in, or else I'll make sure you'll end up getting thrown out of the window. You've been warned.  I swallowed my saliva at the message. 

'That was scary. Now I know how serious she is on getting her beauty sleep.' I thought. I knocked a few times and there were no answers. I started getting anxious but I decided to think positive. 

"Jessica? Hey, it's me Jae. Your prince charming's here to rescue you." I said. I heard a ruffling sound as her feets shuffled on the floor. She opened the door slightly as I saw her walking back to her bed. I entered the room and closed the door behind me as she laid down, her back facing me. I shook my head as I walked towards her and laid beside her, cuddling her, her back pressing against my front. She tensed for a bit but eventually softened when she realised that it was just me.

"Did something happened?" I asked carefully. She shook her head, avoiding my questions.

"Jessica, your sister is worried sick. She contacted me earlier because she's been trying so hard to get you to open the door but you didn't. When she opened the door earlier, she was in a mess. She passed out immediately when I told her to get a rest. Are you just going to ignore me after what your sister has done for you?" She hesitantly shook her head as she turned around, facing me, placing her head on my chest as I placed my chin on top of her head. 

"I'm confused." She answered. I arched my brows. 

"What do you mean, princess?" I said, as I caressed her back and kissed her head a few times, getting comfortable. She snuggled closer.

"I think I'm falling in love with someone of the same gender." 

"What's wrong with that?" She pulled back and looked at me with shock written all over her face.

"You're not disgusted?" I kissed her forehead.

"Why would I? I mean, I think we're on the same page." I said, blushing real hard. Her look softened as she looked down on my lips. I my lips which made her eyes wide open. I started leaning in as she started closing her eyes. She pushed herself forward and the next thing that happened made me feel like I'm in heaven. I couldn't think straight and all I could think of was her. We started kissing each other passionately before she pulled away and looked at me.

"I think I'm in love with you." She looked down and played with the hem of my hoodie. I chuckled lightly as she looked up at me.

"I'm in love with you too." Before proceeding to kiss her again. We felt asleep in each other's embrace. I woke up at the sound of a group of people squealing and shouting. I groaned as I tried to move but something, or someone was preventing me from doing so. I looked down and Jessica was cuddled up against me as my arms wrapped around her waist. I smiled. 

"Oh, my god. AM I SEEING THIS FOR REAL? JESSICA SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE? I MUST BE TRIPPING!" Someone's voice interuppted my thoughts. I felt Jessica moving and she looked up at me and blushed while smiling. 

"Morning." She said. I smiled and pecked her lips.

"Morning to you too, princess. Hope you had a good sleep yesterday." She pecked my lips in return.

"I definitely did. It feels good to be able to sleep comfortably again. Thank you." She snuggled closer, hugging me tightly. I kissed her head and closed my eyes.

"Anything for my princess."