6

Things Went By (Really) Fast~ [HIATUS]*

 

 

 

Here I was standing with Jessica while that dumb bear is god knows where she is. I rubbed my nape as I smiled awkwardly at her. This is the first time I’m meeting her after seeing her with her group at my office.

“So, what’s up?” What a way to start the conversation, Jae.

“Nothing. Just been sleeping lately. Y’know.”

“Damn, we share the same thing. I sleep a lot too, actually but my friend calls me lazy . I don’t understand when they – themselves sleep too.”

She laughed while covering . For some reason, my heart fluttered when I heard her laugh. Unconsciously, I started smiling. We chatted for quite a long time when someone announced through the speaker to take a seat as there will be performances ready for the families. I was expecting Jessica to tag along but she walked towards her members. I pouted without even realising it. She saw it and chuckled.

“If you want to avoid from getting your lips being by me, of course, you better keep them in.” She said while eyeing my lips.

My eyes shot open as I covered my mouth and shook my head.

“Good. Now don’t sulk, alright. The reason I’m not going to be with you is because, I’ll be performing, silly. You better watch me, alright. Don’t go anywhere, or else I won’t be talking to you anymore.” She looked at me seriously.

I nodded as I gulped the lump on my throat. She smirked at me and started walking off with her members and waved at me for one last time. I sighed in disappointment. I scanned the whole room for the dumb bear when I realised that they’d also be performing. I took a seat and my eyes was focused on stage for the whole entire time. I have to say, that dumb bear is good at dancing and singing eventhough she can be dumb and slow at times. 

I clapped the loudest when her group finishes. Who would come up with a choreography that goes well with such title “Dumb Dumb” and that dumb bear is also there. I guess she suggested that title. Who knows. The lights dimmed and nine girls stepped on stage. I thought that angles descended from heaven. (Not literally but seriously.) I gasped in awe when the lights shone at them. They were wearing white dresses and their soothing and calm voice did not help at all. Angels, indeed. My eyes darted from the group to Jessica. I guess she felt me looking at her because the next thing I knew she looked and winked at me. I guess I was dead by then. (Not physically but mentally) I started blushing and my heart pounded quickly. If only she knew she could do this to me. Only her.

I inhaled and exhaled as the room started getting warm, for me because of that ‘Ice Princess’, eventhough she’s actually making it warm for me. (Heh.) I looked at her and secretly showed a thumbs up and returned a wink. Instantly, she looked away from me but I knew I made her blush, judging from her face. She was hiding her face using her hair. I chuckled and shook my head. That Jung.

Once it ended, I walked alongside Seulgi’s group mates when I saw Jessica with her own group. She was wearing something casual. Denim jeans. White shirt. A pair of sneakers and her hair being blown by the wind. It’s as if I’m watching Commercial Film (CF) in real live. No cameras but only me. 

Her eyes met mine and I forgot for a moment that people were around us. Yep, she had that effect on me. She could freeze time for me. (Call me chessy, but eh.) I didn’t realised that Seulgi was actually trying to get my attention when I felt her poking my waist. I’m a very ticklish person, and  I hate it when someone pokes me around the waist area, especially that bear.

“Are you done staring at your girlfriend?” She teased. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Well, yeah. Maybe I should ask you that, instead because you’ve been staring at Wendy since earlier on.” I retorted.

She looked me with shock written all over her face. It was hilarious. (No sarcasm. But really. But she is pretty. Don’t kill me. /peace/)

“W-Wait, how did you know? I was sure no one would see me staring at her.” Seulgi talked way too loud that even her group mates, including Wendy, heard it.

“I think you should stop talking to me and instead look behind you because someone heard you.” I pointed behind her.

She looked behind and saw Wendy looking at her with a puzzled expression. I could hear her swallowing her saliva. Tsk. What do you expect from a bear like her. How cute. She looked at me and panic was written all over her face. I swear this Seul-bear has a lot of expressions.

“Why don’t you go home, talk to Wendy and settle it while I go home. I need my beauty sleep, apparently.” I suggested.

“Do you think it’s easy?”

“Just DO IT.” Seulgi looked at me hesitantly before agreeing to it. I patted her shoulder.

"Come on, is this the Seulgi that I once know? The confident bear? You can do it. Just believe me and believe in yourself, alright. I know you can do it. Update me soon. I still have a few more documents to cover up. Thanks for this, though. It helped me to get my mind off my work for a moment." I thanked her sincerely.

"No problem. I shall invite you for more events incoming. So that you can see me and Jessica-unnie." She teased. I smacked her shoulder and she walked away with her member.

I walked towards my car and started unlocking it when I heard someone walking towards me. I turned and saw a pair of brown orbs looking back at mine. I froze as the owner of those orbs were Jessica's. She looked at me shyly.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked. 

"Is it alright if I were to get your number?" She hesitantly gave her phone. I chuckled lightly as I took the phone and pressed my number on it and saved it under 'Jae<3' . I gave it back to her and her eyes widened when she saw the name that I saved. Afterwards I gave her my phone, in which she pressed her number on it and gave it back to me. I looked at the name and I blushed. 'Sooyeon<3' I looked at her as she started blushing too. I kept my phone in my pocket.

"Would like it if we were to have coffee at a nearby cafe now? I mean, if it's fine by your manager and members." I asked hesitantly. 

She looked at me for a while and nodded as she called her manager since she's too lazy to walk. She ended the call and looked me with a smile on her face.

"My manager gave me the permission to go but it can only be a while, though. I still have to sleep, y'know." She pouted. I shook my head and ruffled her hair, unconcsiously. I opened the door for her and closed it afterwards as I made my way to the driver seat and drove to my favorite all-time cafe. Before going in, she took a mask and a cap from her bag but I held her hand.

"It's fine. This place is actually not popular. It's pretty safe, don't worry, plus, no one would come here late at night. Trust me. I'll be responsible if someone captures your photo." I said. 

She nodded and gave me a smile, indicating that she's ready to go. We walked into the cafe and the smell made me smile brightly. Jessica saw this and chuckled. I looked at her and arched my brows.

"You really do love coming here, do you?" She asked.

I nodded excitedly as I made my way towards an empty table and pulled the chair for her. 

"What do you want to order?" I asked. 

"I'll get anything you get, and get me some cakes please. Red velvet if possible." She said. I smiled at her and walked over to the counter and ordered drinks and slices of red velvet cakes. (Not slices of Red Velvet members, peeps. Please, I'm not that evil.) After the order came, I thanked the waitress and the waitress winked at me in response. I was taken aback and blushed. I looked at Jessica and she was slightly upset. I gulped as I held her hand that was on the table.

"Don't worry, I only have my eyes on you. So, don't get jealous, alright?" I caressed her hands. She looked at me and smiled as she blushed. 

My heart fluttered and my stomach did flips and cart wheels. (not literally. but maybe yes. heh.) We chatted for a bit when I realised that it was getting late. 

"It's getting late. Do you wanna go now?" 

She looked at her watch and her eyes were wide open.

"Oh god. I'm late." 

She quickly took her hand bag and walked out as I rushed over to her and luckily I was fast enough because she almost tripped.

"Aye. Be careful. I know you're late but you'll get in even more trouble if you get bruises and cuts when you're back home." I reminded her.

"Sorry. I tend to panic easily." She apologised. I shook my head and held her hand as we boarded the car and I drove her back to her dorm. We converse with each other until we arrived at her dorm. 

"There you go, Princess. Home sweet home for you." I teased. She punched my arm which hurt a tad bit. She was about to get out of the car when she stopped and looked at me. I looked at her worriedly. 

"What's wro - " I felt something moist on my cheek. 

I looked at Jessica but she had gone out. That was fast, coming from someone who said "Don't run but walk" . I shook my head as my hand touched my cheek. My heart fluttered. I drove back home as I took a bath and plopped myself on my bed and finished as many documents as possible. My phone started beeping. I slid my hand across the screen as a message popped out. 

I hope you have a good night sleep. I don't know if you're already asleep or not but I had fun with you and I hope this won't be the last time we will be hanging out or maybe 'date' with each other. Thanks for today. I really appreciate it. You're the best, Jae<3. I hope you're not too shock about the kiss. Hehe. :3 I'll see you soon. Set a date and time, alright? 

-Sooyeon<3

I smiled unconcsiously.

I'm still awake, Sooyeon and I hope you don't mind me calling you that. :) Heh. And yes, I had fun with you too. Still have to finish a few more documents before I can finally go to sleep. Lucky you that you can sleep soon. Heh. Date, eh? Thinking too far, aren't we? Kidding. xD Yeah, I'd love to have a 'date' with you. I know I'm the best. Thanks. I'm not shock about the kiss. I liked it. :) I will set a date and time soon. I don't when I'm free, but we will see each other soon, don't worry. Good night, Princess. Have a good day tomorrow. :)

-Jae<3

On the other side

Jessica phone beeped a few minute after texting Jaekyung. She slid her fingers across the screen and she read the message with a smile on her face. She placed the phone on her side table before sleeping peacefully while thinking about Jaekyung. (Yeah, man.) Both of them slept with a smile on their faces. (They probably glued their lips into a smiling ones. Who knows.) 

 

Author-nim here. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope this satisfy you. Huehue. I can only update today and the weekends, hopefully. But, have a nice day ahead. ENJOY. :)