5

Things Went By (Really) Fast~ [HIATUS]*

I woke up with a huge hangover. I groaned as I tried to sit on my bed. I held my head with my hand as I massaged my temple. As I was massaging, I caught a whiff of pancakes and an unknown food that smelt really delicious. As soon as I tried to stand up, I stumbled backwards, landing on my bed again. I sighed. I could smell the food coming nearer to my room and speaking of which, Saejung came into my room with a tray containing a variety of food. I almost drooled.

“Breakfast for Mistress Jaekyung.” She said while rolling her eyes.

She placed the tray on my lap as she gave me a pill that’d help me with my hangover. I thanked her as I quickly downed the pill (with water, of course.) and looked at the food excitedly. Saejung chuckled and shook her head.

“Still a kid you are.”

“I can’t help it. You know pancakes are my weakness and yet you still gave me this. It activated my kid self.” I pouted. She caressed my cheek and looked at me lovingly. My heart fluttered when I felt warmth once again. She was like a mom to me.

“Go on and eat. I need to go to work soon. I’ll be taking a bath. Call me if you need anything, alright.” She said as she combed my hair with her fingers. I smiled at her and nodded as I devoured the food in front of me.

Once I was done, I carried the empty dishes and went downstairs to wash it as I was fine and I didn’t want to burden her after she had done so much for me. She went out of the guestroom and was surprised to see me in the kitchen.

“I told you to call for me if you need anything. Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. I’m still the waterproof, bulletproof, strongproof and superproof.” I grinned cheekily. She shook her head and looked at me with disbelief.

“You still remembered that. That was like 6 years ago. I mean, come on. What is superproof and strongproof.”

“It only exist in Kang’s dictionary.” She face palmed.

“I can’t believe I’m friends with you. Goodness. Oh, darn. I’m going to be late. Oh, and Seulgi texted me since she couldn’t reach you after you changed your number. She told me that she wanted you to come over SM Entertainment for her group’s achievements celebration sort of thing. Which means, get ready before that bear explodes.”

I was driving to SM when my phone rang. I pressed the speaker mode.

“Yah, KANG! Where in the world are you?” I flinched at her voice. The volcano has erupted.

“Geez. Hey yourself. I’m on my way. I was stopped by my dear friend, Saejung. Wait, how did you get my number?”

“It’s called stalking – I mean, asking-your-friend-for-your-effing-number, smartass.”

“Stalking, huh?”

“Just get your here, alright. We’re starting soon.”

I hung up as I sped my way to SM. I parked my car and walked towards the practice room that Seulgi texted me while I was driving. That dumb bear really wants me to die. I knocked a few times and someone opened it.

“Oh. You must be Seulgi’s cousin, I suppose?” A blonde hair asked me. I nodded as she welcomed me inside where I could see the member’s family and friends talking to each other. I felt someone pounced on my back. I caught a whiff of her perfume.

“Kang Seulgi, get off my back, you dumb bear.”

“Oh, whose the older one here, right now.” She got down and stood with her hands on her hips while glaring at me. I groaned and rolled my eyes at her.

“You are, Kang Seulbear.” She slapped me on my arms and hugged me right after.

“I missed you. You didn’t even tell me that you changed your number. I was worried when I couldn’t reach you. I thought you were dead, which you were suppose to.”

“Right, thanks for that.” She beamed as she dragged me towards her members.

“Guys, this is my cousin. Kang Jaekyung.” She nudged me to bow at them. I scoffed at how sweet and polite she was towards her members.

“Hi, I’m Jaekyung. You can call me Jae since most of my friends calls me that. Nice to meet you guys.” I bowed. They smiled at me and bowed.

“Hi, I’m Irene. I’m the leader of the group. It’s nice to see someone related to Seulgi and you sort of look like Seulgi too. Just that Seulgi looks like a dumbear but you look like a smart bear.”

“Is that a compliment?” Seulgi tilted her head in confusion.

“Of course you bear. Goodness.” Irene said.

“Hi, I’m Wendy. Nice to meet you.” Wendy said as she smiled at me.

“Hi, I’m Seulgi – “

“I know, you bear.” I said.

“You just ruined the best part.”

“What part?”

“Hi, I’m Seulgi, the prettiest in the family of Kang.”

“And the dumbest. You forgot the best part.”

“Shut it.” She folded her arms and glared at me.

“Cut it out, bear. Hi, I’m Joy. I hope you’ll come over to our dorm. It’ll be fun.” She said as she smiled widely.

“I sure will, if you don’t mind my presence there.”

“Oh, no. We’d love it if you’d be there. Joy is super active along with Yeri and we, the older ones often can’t keep up with their energy, so please, help us.” Irene said. I chuckled.

“And lastly, you have me! Hi, I’m Yeri and I’m the youngest. I can brighten up the atmosphere and – “

“There she goes again. Explaining like she’s being interviewed.” Joy face palmed.

“And I hope we can be friends.” She ended and smiled cutely.

“Oh, be my guest. We’ll be each others’ partner in crime.”

“Include me too.” Joy said.

All of a sudden the door opened and 9 girls walked inside. I glanced at them briefly when a certain girl was staring at me. I stared at her back when I gave her a quick smile. She smiled back at me. I could see her blushing. How cute.

“Yah, what are you looking at?” Seulgi asked as she smacked my head.

“Ouch. That hurts, Seul. I was just looking at them. Nothing much.”

“More like staring at Jessica.” My eyes popped open with surprise.

“W-Was I too obvious?” I stuttured.

“M-hm. Wait. Are you interested in her?”

“Y-Yes – Wait what?”

“Who is interested in who?” Someone interrupted. I looked at the person and I almost got a heart attack.

“Oh, Hi Jessica.” Seulgi waved. Jessica glanced at Seulgi and waved at her while smiling lightly. She looked at me again.

“ What were you guys talking about earlier?” She asked. I gulped as I looked at Seulgi and telling her not to spill anything out using my eyes.

“Oh, we were just talking about how interested is Jaekyung to you.” She told Jessica. I face palmed.

‘As expected from the dumbest bear. I swear I’m going to kill her as soon as this finish.’

 

 

I know Jessica has left but I hope you guys don't mind it. Jessica and the oc is the main pairing and I'm going to include Jessica as she's the main reason this story was created. I hope you guys will bear with me and please support me. :)