♡ Chapter 5 ♡

Away We Happened

Brianna's POV

"Oh gosh, I'm running late!" I said to myself while I ran in my heels to the building where my meeting was being held.

"Why am I always late?" I groaned. Then I stopped. I took out Kevin's phone from my purse. I didn't trust Cori because if I left it at her apartment, she might've done something to it.

Cori's POV

"WHERE IS THAT PHONE?” I yelled while searching for Kevin's phone in Brianna's room.

Brianna's POV

'My interview is tomorrow.' I said in my head. I put the phone back in my purse and laughed. I probably looked weird running in heels towards a building a mile away. I was too excited for this interview. I really want this job.

I walked around looking for the nearest cafe to grab a coffee before I went to the interview. I found a Starbucks nearby. I went inside and stood in line for a coffee. Then two people came in with loud laughter.

Kevin's POV

"I really need a coffee, Kev. I'm going to pass out soon and I really need to get this tan." Grey whined. I sighed and stopped unpacking. I turned my head and he was pouting. 

"Dude, really? That only works on your parents." I groaned. He gave up quicker than expected and fell on his bed. He kept whining about his need for coffee and I ignored him by blasting music.

"Come on, Kev. I know you're not excited to be here but it's for work, alright? You'll be back in New York in no time." Grey reassuringly said. He patted my back and I sighed.

"It hurts you know?" I began. I stopped packing and ran my fingers through my hair. "She meant the world to me and now she's gone. Even worst, this was where we had our getaway." Grey patted my back and I felt tears gathering at my eyes.

"She's gone and I can't get her back. I never even got to meet her little sister. She said her little sister and I would get along easily too. Her parents were the best. I was really hoping to spend my life with her. But then, I had to break up with her." I turned around to face Grey.

"She got into that car accident on purpose." The tears flowed out of my eyes.

 

Grey tried to get me to be happy again as we walked to Starbucks. We laughed the whole way even making the quiet store loud by our laughter. We got into line and we giggled to our self.

We were looking at the menu while the girl in front of us ordered. While she put her wallet away, she missed her bag and dropped it on the floor. She turned around and waited for her drink in the separate counter. I picked up her wallet and looked at her.

She was skinny but not way skinny. She had long curly hair that shined in the sunlight. She wore a white blazer and a black skirt with high heels. 

"Order for me." I said to Grey while I made my way to give her back her wallet.

Brianna's POV

"Excuse me, Miss. I think you dropped your wallet." A male voice said with a tap on the shoulder. I looked down at my purse and my wallet wasn't in there. I turned around and I looked up to see a face I was always waiting to see.

Both of our eyes widen and we smile.

"Brianna."

"Kevin."

We laughed at each other and he handed me my wallet. I thanked him while placing my wallet back into my purse.

"Oh, I have your phone." I said while taking out his phone. He turned around and took my phone out of his pocket.

"Thanks." We both said while we took our phones from each other. We smiled at each other and we asked each other questions like "How are you?" and stuff like that.

"A grandee java chip frappicino with extra java chips." The barista said while placing my drink into front of me. I thanked her and I turned around to Kevin.

"It was nice seeing you and finally getting my phone back." I giggled. He smiled and looked down. "We should hang out soon. How about tomorrow?" He asked.

I thought about it. Should I?

"I have an interview tomorrow morning, how about we go out for lunch? 12 o'clock sounds good?" I asked. 

"Sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled. I nodded and smiled back. We bid our goodbyes and he stopped me before I left the cafe.

"Could I have your number? Like, so we could talk?" Kevin laughed. I giggled and nodded at his shy atmosphere. We exchanged numbers and bid our goodbyes again.


Hey guys! So do you like this story? I hope so >. < No update on Sunday. I have a party to go to but I'll try to update tomorrow!

Comment, subscribe, & upvote!

Okay, take care † XOXO ♥

-HelloKitty143