♡ Chapter 1 ♡

Away We Happened

Brianna's POV

"Crap!" I yelled when I saw the time on my clock. My flight left at 10:30 AM and it was 9:00 AM. Yeah I had an hour and thirty minutes left but assuming how long I take to get ready, I'm screwed. 

I skipped the shower since I showered at night and just washed my face and brushed my teeth. I ran to my closet and grabbed the outfit I fixed last night. 

"Makeup!" I yelled. I never leave the house without makeup on. I stared at the time, 9:15. It takes me 30 minutes to get to the airport plus traffic. 

'Just cover your face. Do it on the plane.' I groaned and grabbed my luggage. Before I knew it, I was chasing after a cab. It kept driving and I let my arms fall to my sides.

"I'm screwed." I told myself and held my forehead. I began walking to the nearest coffee shop and bought myself a light breakfast. After I paid for my food, I began texting Cori that I might be late then I saw a cab coming. I smiled to myself and ran out the shop.

"Taxi! Taxi!" I yelled while following the cab. It was coming to a stop and I congratulated myself. I ran as fast as I could but bumped into someone hard. I dropped my phone and my purse on the floor and the guy dropped his belongings also.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized as I grabbed all my things. "It's alright. Better hurry up. I think that cab is waiting for you." He smiled and handed me my remaining things. I smiled and thanked him.

 

 

I stood in front of Cori's house and knocked furiously.

"Cori! It's Brianna! It's me!" I called out. Then, loud footsteps neared the door and a lock was opened. Behind the other side of the door was the Morning Cori. Her hair was everywhere, her pajamas were wrinkled up, and the worst of all, her morning breath.

"You're here early." She groaned and made way for me to get inside. "Well, there's a time difference between Los Angeles and New York City." I laughed and walked inside.

 

Kevin's POV

"Dude, let me burrow your phone." Grey ordered when we were in the office. 

"You have your own." I groaned. He groaned as well and sat on my desk. 

"But there's something I need on it!" He whined. I sighed and turned to him. He gave me the worst puppy dogface ever.

"What is it?" I asked. He laughed and jumped off my desk.

"There's a pink keychain on your phone." He chuckled and walked around the room. I laughed and stood up.

"I don't have a pink keychain on my phone." I laughed. He turned to me and laughed again. "Seriously dude. I don't."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, it's my phone."

He chuckled and began walking out of the office. 

"I'm going to Starbucks. Text me what you want." He laughed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I chuckled and sat back down at the desk. I thought about what he was telling me earlier.

Why the hell would I have a pink keychain on my phone? I laughed and began checking pictures and looking for new sites to work in so I could request them.

After thinking for a while, I ended up wanting something to eat so I pulled to my phone to text Grey. I took out the phone and realized something wrong.

There was a pink keychain with a gold Eiffel Tower on it. I opened the phone and I face palmed myself. It was the girl from earlier.

 

Brianna's POV

"Can you call my phone?" Cori asked. She lifted the pillows of her couch and checked her purse. "It's lost." I laughed to myself and pulled out my phone from my purse.

'Where's my keychain?' I asked myself. That was a gift from my sister. She got it at Paris for me before she died in a car accident.

"Cori! My keychain is gone!" I yelled panicky. She walked over to me and I showed her the non-dangling key chain.

"Check you purse! Maybe it just fell off." She said. I dropped the phone on the couch and pulled out everything I could out of the purse. My keychain wasn't in there.

"It's not here!" I yelled. I plopped back down on the couch and ran my fingers through my hair. I wanted to cry.

"Okay! Maybe it's not there. Do you know where you might've dropped it? Like, maybe it fell in your apartment in New York. Or when you were walking?" Cori said.

"Well, I was in a rush this morning. I could've dropped it when I was grabbing my things. Or..." Suddenly I remembered the guy I bumped into on the streets. I quickly grabbed the phone and Cori stared at me.

"Did you have an idea?" She asked. I opened the phone and my eyes widen.

"This isn't my phone!" I yelled. I stood up and began pacing around. Cori stood up and stopped me.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean it's not my phone!" I said while shoving it into her face. She took the phone from me and gave me a confused look.

"This isn't yours."

"No duh!"

"How did you get this one then?" She asked. I sat back down and ran my fingers through my hair again.

"I bumped into this guy when I was chasing after a cab. We bumped into each other and we dropped our things. We probably grabbed the wrong phones when we were colleting our belongings." I sighed.

 

No one's POV

"Maybe I'll just call my phone using hers and we can mail each other our phones." Kevin said to Grey. 

"Do you know how many packages get lost when you mail things? I'd say you just give it to her in person." Grey said with his mouth full of a chewed up burger.

"I don't even know where she is! All I know is that she was rushing to get a cab." Kevin sighed.

 

Meanwhile, Cori was telling her the good things if she called him.

"This was like one of the dramas I watched. The two accidently switch items they have in common and they are brought together. Then slowly, they fall for each other." Cori said with her hands clasped together while looking at the ceiling.

"Really, Cori? REALLY?!” I yelled. She laughed and sat me down. 

"He didn't even look like he was my type. He was prettier than you." I smiled. She playfully hit me.

"Flower boy? Wow." She smirked.

 

"I'm calling! Shut up!" Kevin scolded while hitting Grey. Grey nodded, sat down and spun around in the swirly chair.

"Hello?" A soft female voice answered. Kevin smiled. 'Cute voice.'

"Hi, is this Brianna?" Kevin asked.


Hey guys! So an extra (I think) long chapter for the beginning of this story! It might be short unless you guys like it then I'll continue the story. So how did you like this first chapter? Please give me POSITIVE feedback in the comments, please! ☺ I'll update as soon as possible because I have a lot of test coming up so I have to study. 

Comment, subscribe, & upvote!

Okay, take care † XOXO ♥

-HelloKitty143