Perks of Being a Stalker

Perks of Being a Stalker (Rewrite)

"Are you serious?" Sooyoung asked.

"This is impossible!" Yuri exasperated.

"Nothing is ever impossible!" Sunny encouraged.

"Bunny, this is single spaced, front and back. How are we suppose to get this done by this weekend?" I asked, flipping the piece of paper to make sure that my eyes didn't deceive me.

"It's easy, instead of doing the work together, we just have to split the work." Sunny explained.

"But if we split the work, then it's gonna take us even longer." Yuri reasoned.

"You girls okay?" Ms. Jung asked.

"Woah." I gasped when I saw her in a floral sun dress with a straw hat.

"We're fine." Sooyoung said, elbowing me on my side.

"Yeah, thank you." Yuri smiled.

"Okay. Back to business." Sunny smiled. "How about this: we split up into twos, Youngie is with me and Yul is with Ppany, we each take a page of work. It doesn't matter how you split the work just a song as your page is done."

"No wonder you're the brains behind this group." I nodded in satisfaction.

"We're all smart in our own ways." Sunny nodded, "Now let's get cleaning!"

-----

"What did you wanna start with?" I asked Yuri. "The front yard or the back yard?"

"I'll take the front yard, you take the back yard."

"What a minute, the front yard is smaller than the back yard though."

"Don't worry. I'll come back and help with the back yard once I'm done with the front yard." Yuri assured me.

"Fine. You have to help me."

"I gotchu." Yuri took the lawn mower and started with the front yard.

"Isn't this sort of illegal?" Sooyoung asked, pulling the weeds out of the ground.

"How so?" Sunny asked.

"A teacher is making us do her house work for the weekend. I feel like this is kinda illegal."

"It's not illegal if we're willing to do it." I shrugged. "Besides, we kinda owe her after that scene in the movies."

"We could've avoided it too if Yuri didn't hog all the popcorn."

"Stop it." Sunny glared.

The work continued smoothly. Yuri joined me in the backyard to mow it while Sunny started watering the garden with Sooyoung pulling the weeds. Once the plants were done, we decided to just do the work together since the list was so long. We cleared the murky water in the pool, but there were a few rocks in the bottom.

"Who wants to go for a swim?" Sooyoung asked, looking at Yuri.

"No way. I don't wanna get wet. Besides, I need to stay dry because I have dance practice in an hour." Yuri defended.

"Oh shoot! I have a music theory study group in 45 minutes!" Sooyoung smacked her forehead with her palm.

"It's fine. You two go home and shower, Ppany and I can take care of the rest." Sunny waved them away.

"Thanks guys!" Yuri and Sooyoung hugged the two of us and dashed off.

"I have a change of clothes. I don't mind swimming to get the rocks." I shrugged.

"You sure?"

"It's not a problem." I nodded. I walked to the shallow end to test the temperature.

"How cold is it?"

"Not too bad." I said, slowly making my way to the deep end.

"Need goggles?"

"They might help."

"Catch." Sunny tossed me a pair as I caught it in midair.

"Thanks, Bunny." I in a deep breath and plunged into the water, retrieving as many rocks as I could hold but still keeping the ability to swim. "There's actually a lot down there. It might take a while."

"I'll help." Sunny smiled.

"But you'll get wet."

"You're not the only one who brought a change of clothes." Sunny smiled as she put on a pair of goggles and dove into the water.

The two of us eventually made a game out of it to see who could get the most rocks. Towards the end of the night, we didn't even realize that it was dark outside until Ms. Jung came out if her house to check up on us.

"Looks like I won." Sunny smiled, setting down the rocks by the pool.

"This time." I patted her shoulder and shook her hand. "You're almost a better swimmer than Yul."

"I would hope so, she was the one who taught me how to swim." Sunny laughed and threw the rocks near a bush.

"Fair enough." I said, doing the same thing, but threw them at a different bush.

"What were you girls doing?" Ms. Jung asked. "Why are you wet?"

"Your list said to clean the leaves off the pool." I said.

"Yeah, but I didn't say anything about the rocks at the bottom." Ms. Jung sighed.

"Don't worry, we wanted to do it." Sunny smiled.

"It's getting late, we'll just change out here and we'll head home." I reasoned.

"Nonsense. I'll make dinner." Ms. Jung motioned us inside. "Why don't you two use the guest bedroom and do what you have to do. I'll get the table ready so the food is fresh when you get out."

"Ms. Jung, you don't have to, really." Sunny started.

"I want to." Ms. Jung smiled and walked to the closet. "Here are two towels. The guest bedroom is down the hall to the left. Just holler if you need anything."

"Thank you," Sunny said, "and we're sorry for extending our welcome." Sunny and I bowed and walked to the guess bedroom.

"You wanna shower first or should I?" I asked.

Sunny shook her head, "You can go. You're the one that catches colds easily."

I smiled and gave her a hug, "Thanks." I went inside my bathroom and took a shower. I got out and wrapped my hair with a towel. I put my clothes on and went outside, "You're turn. I didn't use the hot water so there should be a lot left for you."

"Thanks." Sunny went inside and showered.

I decided to go to the kitchen in case Ms. Jung needed help with anything. I walked down the dark hallway and felt the walls in hopes to find a light switch.

"I don't care. You messed everything up." Ma. Jung'a voice was stern. "You can't just come inside my house and apologize for cheating."

"I know, I was stupid and I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

"No, Siwon. It's over between us. I think it's best if you just leave."

"But Je--"

"No." She cut him off, "You cheated. I better not see you hanging around me at school anymore. Goodbye."

There was a loud door slamming and the entire house suddenly got scary-movie-status silent.

"Ms. Jung?" I said softly.

"Oh, Miyoung." She wiped her face, "I didn't hear you come down."

"Tiffany."

"Excuse me?"

"My friends call me Tiffany." I smiled and held my hand out.

Ms. Jung laughed, "Glad to know I am one of your friends."

"Well, I have known you since middle school." I pulled up a chair in front of her. "Look, he doesn't deserve you. He deserves the lowest of the low. What he did to you wasn't your fault; it was his for not seeing what he had when he has it. Go out there and find that Romeo!"

Ms. Jung laughed, "They both died in the end. They were just stupid teenagers who thought they were in love."

"How do you know if they really weren't in love?"

"Because Romeo still loved Rosaline."

"But he died for Juiet." I leaned in and whispered, "Doesn't that mean at some level he did love her?"

"In a way, I guess."

"See?" I pulled back and returned to my natural speaking tone, "Now go out there, be a stupid teenager, find someone to stupidly fall in love with and die!" I smiled and gave her a triumphant look.

Ms. Jung laughed, "Thank you."

"What's going on here?" Sunny asked.

"We're gonna go out there, be stupid teenagers, find someone to stupidly fall in love with and die." I said casually.

"Because that topic casually comes up in normal conversations." Sunny shrugged.

-----

"Thank you for the meal!" I smiled and bowed.

"Thank you for everything!" Sunny smiled and bowed.

"Are you girls sure you don't need a ride back to your dorm?" Ms. Jung asked.

"Don't worry. We'll be safe." I assured her. "We do this all the time."

"Yeah. With our schedules, this is normally the time we leave school." Sunny said, picking up her backpack and putting her shoes on.

"Sometimes even later." I agreed.

"But the science lab closes at 7." Ms. Jung said.

"True, but Mrs. Kim gave me a special pass to go to the university and use their lab. That lab closes whenever everyone leaves the building." I put my jacket on and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

"Be sure to call me when you guy home safely." Ms. Jung handed us a slip over paper and smiled. "I worry about my students."

"Thanks again for everything." Sunny and I bowed one last time and headed out the door.

"Be careful!" Ms. Jung called.

"We will!" We turned back and waved.

"Did you wanna stop by at the grocery store to go buy some food?" I asked after a long silence between us.

"Yeah. Those two should be starving." Sunny shook her head and laughed.

"When are you gonna stop this?"

"Stop what?"

I stopped walking and looked at Sunny, "You two obviously like each other. Why not just go for it?"

Sunny sighed and continued walking, "It's not that easy. What if we do date and we break up? What happens then?"

"What if you do date and stay together forever? Then what?"

"My fairy tale comes true." Sunny said quietly.

I sighed and changed the subject, "Why don't we buy some spicy food for Yul and a bucket of chicken for Youngie? I'm pretty sure they haven't eaten anything since lunch and it's almost midnight."

"Did you finish your homework?"

"Not yet."

"Do you plan on sleeping tonight?"

"Sleep is over rated anyway."

"We didn't finish everything on the list. Should we go back there next weekend?"

"Youngie has music rehearsal from 2-8, Yul has dance practice from 1-6 and you have robotics camp from 3-10. Me on the other just has to go to the lab. I come and go whenever I please."

"You're gonna do everything on Ms. Jung's list?" She asked me in a sarcastic tone.

"Why not?" I smiled. "It'll be perfect. She'll see how hard I'm willing to work for her and she'll have no choice but to fall in love with me!"

"Slow down there, cowboy." Sunny gave me a look, "Don't you think you're in a little bit over your head?"

"What do you mean?"

"She just got her heart broken. Don't you think she needs some time to get over him?" She said. "You can't just do that. Let her get over him first and then start making her fall in love with you."

"You really think it'll happen?"

"It's a major long shot, but I'm taking a leap of fate with you." Sunny smiled.

"Thanks, Bunny."

-----

"Ungrateful!" Sunny screamed. "Lazy!" She screamed louder. "Good-for-nothing-friends!" She threw the bag of fried chicken at Yuri and Sooyoung. "We busted our asses cleaning Ms. Jung's house and all you two do is lie and tell us that you have practice, but you've been in this apartment playing video games?!"

"We kind of did help." Sooyoung said in a small voice.

"Shut up!" Sunny glared.

"Yes ma'am." Sooyoung zipped her lip and threw away the key.

"What about you?" Sunny's eyes threw daggers at Yuri.

"I actually did go to practice." Yuri defended. "Practice just finished early and I decided to come home because I thought you two were already home."

"You're in the clear." Sunny handed her the bag of food we had bought her.

"W-what about me, Bunny?" Sooyoung asked in a tiny voice.

"Starve."