Chapter 7

The Partnership

HAPPY JOY DAY PEEPS!

 

 

Kyuhyun threw his bag to the side and sat on his bed. He loosened his tie and fell backwards on his bed, feet dangling from the edge of the bed. It was still early for him to be back in his apartment. But the frustrating turn of events that day had practically drained him, which was why he decided to take an early leave.

This was a case he put most of his best agents into, working countless hours. But every time he thought he got close to catching the criminal, The Sherriff seem to find a loop hole.

The detective was utterly annoyed he couldn’t do anything about this new situation. Though he said to Sungmin they’ll get the necessary evidence, he was doubting his own words. Simply the time wasn’t enough. It frustrated him to the core, the fact that after couple of days the criminal would disappear along with millions of counterfeit cash and the only thing he can do is sit and watch months of hard work go to waste.

He was wallowing in his lack of luck when his hand phone rang through the empty apartment, jolting him to sit up on the bed.

“Hello Donghae, what is it?” Kyuhyun asked wearily.

“Umm…is Sungmin with you?”

“What? No. Why?” Kyuhyun perked up at the hesitated question.

“Then I think he’s running away.” Replied Donghae hurriedly. “Oh, hang on he stopped somewhere. But it’s still outside the radius.” The agent was apparently looking at the GPS tracker on the computer.

“Fine. I’ll find him. Send me the coordinates.” Kyuhyun replied grabbing his coat back and running to the car. “And keep me updated.” Kyuhyun disconnected the call and threw the phone to the passenger’s seat and drove out of the parking lot.

“Sungmin, what the hell are you thinking?” Kyuhyun muttered to himself and typed in the coordinates he received from Donghae. And seeing where the address leads, he suddenly laughed out loud in relief.

He knew exactly what Sungmin was thinking.

 

**

 

It has taken Sungmin about an hour to get to the warehouse using the public transport. He casually opened the small door to the warehouse and leisurely walked in only to find several machines spitting out freshly printed Japanese currency notes. And if opening of the main door didn’t bring attention of the people working towards the blonde, the whistle he let out surely did. Sungmin looked around to see several people stopped working to stare at him. Smirking at the bewildered people and looked to the front only to find Kris Lee himself standing right in front of him.

Sungmin smiled sweetly at him before asking, “Oops, did I get the wrong address?”

Two men suddenly flanked both sides of Sungmin at the signal from their boss and started dragging him to an office at the end of the warehouse.

Abruptly the sound of sirens blearing filled the atmosphere halting everybody in action including the thugs who were dragging Sungmin and their boss who was following. Kris Lee looked at the doorway with a panic stricken face and then back at Sungmin who was wearing a broad grin.

“Oh. Sorry I couldn’t tell you before.” He said pulling his pants leg up to show the tracking anklet blinking in red.

Kris Lee lunged forward to punch Sungmin square on the face. But he halted as Kyuhyun walked in through the front door with several policemen behind him.

“You’re all under arrest for the counterfeiting of Japanese currency.” The detective declared with a smirk.

“You cannot just walk in without a warrant.” Kris Lee barked as Kyuhyun approached him.

“Yes, I can. As you’re currently housing a wanted felon I have the right to come in without a warrant and seize any evidence that’s in plain sight and arrest the criminals even without any relevance to the original felon.” Then he turned and signalled one of the policemen.

Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun watched as Kris Lee was dragged away by the said policeman. Then Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin with a smile.

“You really at this escaping thing.”

“May be I should try harder.” Sungmin said wriggling his eyebrows.

 

--

 

The entire police department seem to be celebrating the victory of Kyuhyun as Sungmin walked into the building next morning.

And he was greeted by a smiling Kyuhyun when he entered his office.

“Well, you seem to be in a good mood.” Sungmin commented as he sat down on the chair opposite Kyuhyun and pulling his feet up to the desk.

Kyuhyun immediately frowned before saying, “For the last time, feet off!”

“I take it back. You’re still grumpy.” Said Sungmin putting his feet down.

Kyuhyun ignored the comment and went on with a smile, “Well, congratulations. You get to keep your jewellery. You’re officially my consultant.”

Sungmin straightened in his seat. “Wow, really? So I’m free now?”

“No you’re not free. You’re just my CI.” Replied Kyuhyun with a frown.

“Okay let me rephrase that. I get to walk around in the two mile radius?”

“Yea.” Kyuhyun replied with a smile. “And more good news. You’re gonna get a small salary. And you’re stuck with me for four years which was a period of your prison sentence. So if you behave well, you’ll be a free man after the four years. Agree?”

“With pleasure.” Sungmin took Kyuhyun’s outstretched hand in a handshake.

 

**

 

Sungmin walked into his apartment that evening to find Eunhyuk sitting at the table with several documents scattered around the table.

“You need to stop walking into other people’s apartments without a notice.” Sungmin stated closing the door behind him.

“Well then I guess you don’t want to know what Sungjin has to say to you?”

“Oh my God. Did you go to that address?” Sungmin hurriedly sat down beside his friend feeling all the exhaust leaving his body at the name of his brother.

“Yeah. And I found there’s a private safe box under your brother’s name in that place. I broke into it and found these.” Eunhyuk said pointing at the documents.

Sungmin went through the documents as Eunhyuk helped himself to a bottle of Bourbon.

Some of the documents included blueprints of a building and several others had familiar scribbling of Sungjin. Sungmin stopped rustling through the stack of papers when he accidently spotted his own name.

 


 

Okay guys, first off I'm so sorry for this late - very late - update.

I'm not gonna make excuses /please don't hate me huhuhu/

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news first; kyumin finally finished their first case.

Bad news; I'm gonna put the story on hold. After finish writing the whole story I'll update again. SO you guys can have regular updates rather than me appearing once blue moon.

Again I'm so sorry guys. Thank you all for being patient with me. Love you! 

Leave some love for me too..... <3