Chapter 6 - A Phone Call

Love's Theory

July 31st 2008 - Seoul Korea

The past few months, I haven't been able to contact her much. It has been exactly as I feared. We're starting to grow apart. It's not distance but time. She's in a whole different world from me and of course, now with the date set, I'll be debuting soon and whhether my debut brings me closer to her or farther, well, God only knows. My schedule has been packed. It's hard to believe that this time, one year ago, I was so free. I spent all my days wishing I had more to do. I can see it now though, that life slowly fading from my grasp. I can wish to return to that as much as I want but I can not do so. It''s a sacrifice I must make. We've just finished practising. We've been doing that a lot these days, practising. Considering our debut is soon, it definitely isn't surprising.It's funny how I ended up here without even hoping or dreaming for it. Reality is setting in. I'm going to be living a life that so many people wish to live.

"Let's go!" Junho called out to Nichkhun.

The members had all gathered their stuff and were waiting at the door for him. They checked everything was in place and turned the lights off. The instructor had already left. Their manager was waiting outside for them with the car.

"Let's go home and sleep" Junsu (Min Jun) murmured.

None of the members took their time in falling fast asleep. Nichkhun was the only one awake on the journey back to the dorm.

Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he scrolled through his contacts, stopping at her number. 

Bzzt bzzt... bzzt bzzt

"Yoboseyo?"

Finally he heard her voice on the other line.

"Guess who?"

"Don't be silly Khun, I have your number saved into my phone.."

"Just ruin the fun then.."

"Yeah yeah.. how's rehearsing going these days? You haven't called for ages so I suspect you've been working hard, unless you've replaced me"

"Of course I replaced you! She's so much more fun to talk to, a much better friend! As for rehearsals.. well they're rehearsals.."

"Hey Khun! How dare you replace me? Do you know who I am? Keep up the hard work! I expect to see you standing on this stage with me soon!"

"Of course I know who you are! Hwang MiYoung" he chuckled knowing she'd have a bad reaction.

"Don't use that name!"

"Yeah.. I got it.. Anyway I was talking about my mom.. Nobody can replace my best friend!" 

"Well it's good that you know. Cherish knowing me. Do you know what day tomorrow is? I mean as I'm your best friend and all you should know"

"Friday?"

".. No.. "

"August 1st?"

"Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul!"

"Arasso, arasso, I know what day it is. How could I forget when that's all I've been hearing about for the past few months.. You haven't stopped asking me about what I'm getting you"

"Yeah so what are you getting me?"

"Is my presence tomorrow not going to be enough?"

"What? Of course not!"

"That's so rude Hwang Mi Young! You've told Jessica right?"

"I have told her but don't change the subject. You better be bringing me something and tell Taec that too. I'm expecting something big."

"Hey.. don't forget that I'm still a trainee. Wait til I actually debut before you start asking for all that Burberry what not!"

"Hmm.. Okay, then I'll be expecting your debut"

"Yeah.. as for tomorrow, expect something pink. That's your clue"

He heard some talking in the background before her voice returned.

"I'll talk to you soon, I have to go now"

"Okay, sleep tight, you've a long day ahead of you. Rest up and don't let the bed bugs bite!"

"You too"

"One last thing," Nichkhun muttered before asking the driving manager what the time was.

"Happy Birthday"

"Thank you and congratulations on being the first to say happy birthday, yet again"

"Thanks, good night"

When he heard her reply, he turned off his phone again and couldn't help smiling. He was glad to have been able to speak to her again. It had been a while since they'd spoken properly.

"Was that Tiffany?" his manager asked.

"Yes Hyung"

"Ahh.. you and Tiffany" the manager paused before chuckling.

"What?"

"Ani.. nothing" the manager replied, before returning his focus to the road and getting the 7 members of the soon to debut boy group, safely back to the dorm.