Chapter 3 - Budding Romance

Love's Theory

Nichkhun and Tiffany had met on many occassions through friends. One of Nichkhun's fellow members, Taecyeon, knew Tiffany particularly well. With the three of them being from the States, they immediately hit it off. Tiffany had in fact lived a mere 20 minutes drive from where Nichkhun had been living with his Aunt. With this similarity, it provided many conversations for the two to share. When he had first seen her, he had registered her for her smile. It wasn't a grin that anyone could easily forget. He might've sounded like a cheeseball if he said it out loud but he genuinely felt that this angel had indeed had him at hello. 

He was inspired by her, particularly when she rambled on about her dreams. She was focused and was determined to get to her goals. He could see the concentration in her eyes. She wouldn't settle for anything less. He knew the struggles that she had been through. They were close enough so she'd tell him. Despite the sorrow and pain, she'd made it this far. All because of a dream she held so dearly to her heart. 

She was inspired by his kind nature. Usually, coming from such a background, you'd expect a less modest person or atleast that's what all of the movies both from Hollywood and Korea, had lead her to believe. His sense of humour wasn't something everyone would laugh at. It could be very cheesy at times and often, simply silly but he never ceased to bring a smile to her face. She felt at home with him. Someone she could rely on to help her through the struggles that were to come.

They had often texted one another. When one needed comforting, the other sprang to mind. This built a strong foundation for their relationship. They both occassionally struggled with culture but being of Korean descent herself, often she was able to help him if even just a little. 

They were similar in the way that they both shared the same characteristics. They both held the same genuinity in their eyes and their smiles. Their hearts were pure and innocent and they naturally, flowed. 

He knew he was in love when he started to notice how much he anticipated receiving her texts. The way that she always ran around in his mind. Every second of everyday, his thoughts became with her. Just the sight of a pink object would bring his thoughts to her gleeful face. When he stumbled across a jewlery store or clothes, he'd imagine buying them for her. Even the sight of passerbys would in some way remind him of her. There was no other way to put it. He was simply hooked. He was addicted to her smile, her laugh, her everything. 

She started to notice the way her tummy felt when he was around. It was difficult to breathe. When she wasn't with him, she missed him. There were even moments where she found herself eating Vanilla Ice Cream just to ease her thoughts about him. He had his flaws but to her, they made him all the more perfect. His voice wasn't powerful when he sang but to her, it was soft and soothing. Listening to love songs playing on the radio, she would think about him, imagining herself in that scenario or imagining him serenading her. Before she met him, she never knew what it was like to look at someone and smile for no reason. 

From that moment, the seed had been planted. With this budding romance, a beautiful flower could bloom and flourish or die, losing each and every petal to the brutal conditions that came with their forbidden relationship.