Chapter 1 - The Pain of The Past

Love's Theory

Time and time again, she had shed tears over the same matter.

Yet time and time again, it still hurt just as much.

It was always just as painful as the time before.

She was gone. Really gone. No more lullabies would be sang to put her to sleep. Nobody to her hair and ease her worries. Nobody to give her advice. Of course she still had her father by her side, but it wasn't the same.

Her mother was the one whom brought her into the world. She gave her life and so much more without ever asking for anything in return. She gave without expectations of receiving anything back. Now, she could only regret all those times that she had yelled at her mother. The times she thought her mother was annoying. The times she thought her mother had only existed to make her life a misery. She understood it now. All a little too late. She wished she had said those three simple words "I love you" more often. She could only hope her mother knew how much she truly loved her despite the disagreements they'd had. A love that no words could ever express. Her mother was only doting on her. Spoiling her child with endless love. But now, she'd left her. Walking alone,
confused. Tiffany had lost her closest companion from an early age and no matter how many years passed, she couldn't move on from the pain. Years on, the thought could still bring her to tears just as easily as the first time. A stabbing pain in her chest. Grief and misery. Just once more. She only yearned to see her mother's angelic smile one more time. With that, she'd be satisfied.

"Miyoung?.."

Upon hearing her father's soothing voice, she immediately fumbled to wipe away her tears. She could only imagine how much pain the man before her, was going through. He had lost his true love, his heart and his soul. The person he had vowed to love until death did them part. He hadn't known that death would take her away from him so soon. With three children to care for, he had no choice but to put up a strong fort.

"Daddy?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yes.."

She listened as she heard the door handle click and the creaking when the door was being pushed open. She stared down at her fingers, hoping to hide her face, knowing that cheeks and nose would be rosy, evidently showing what she had been doing moments before.

"Don't cry, you're mother is watching you. Your tears will only pain her more"

He tucked her hair behind her ears and felt pained at how he could not protect his own child from such suffering.

"Be a good girl MiYoung. For your mother. She'll forever be watching over you. Right by your side. In your heart. Whatever you do."

There was a long silence. Both were reminiscing the times they had shared with such a wonderful woman. For him, the fated meeting, the first date, their wedding day and of course the births of each and every one of their three, charming children.

For her, the times they had visited the park, the candy store, the reluctance on her first day of kindergarten, her school performances, the birthdays they'd shared and the moments they would break into song together.

"Daddy, can I ask you something?"

"Yes MiYoung, Daddy will support you through anything"

"I.. Want to goto Korea. To sing"

There was a pause. The tension grew stronger each tick of the clock. When he had heard her reason for wanting to goto Korea, his face had darkened.

"No MiYoung."

"Daddy it's my dream"

"MiYoung there is no future in singing. I will not allow you to go out there on your own. You and I both know that you will only return heartbroken MiYoung. Business, it's a more reasonable path for you."

"But-"

"No buts. You are not to go"

Her eyes glistened, eyebrows furrowed, holding pain.

"You said.. You'd support me through anything.."

"Anything.. But this"

With that, her father had left her alone once again. She was angry. But at who? Her mother? Her father? Of course not. She was angry at herself. Frustrated that she could be so weak. She had always vowed to never give up easily. In order to achieve her dreams, she needed to step up her game and she needed to persevere. She thought it through a million times a day. She had dreamt about it every minute of each passing hour but now, finally, she had the guts to take action.

The little, wounded bird had spread it's wings, taking a chance. From there on out, she could either soar through the sky or, crash and burn.

Had she made the right decision back on that tiresome night? The answer was still unclear. She'd made up with her father. He wasn't yet willing to support the idea of her going into the new world out there but they were on better terms than initially. Somehow along the line, she'd managed to convince her father of letting her goto Korea. Suppose he was weak against the strong will of his daughter. After two years of training in Korea under SM Entertainment, her dreams seemed to finally be coming true. She'd been invited to join a girl group which was still in the making. Soon, it would become clear to her. Could she debut within in this group? Would they become a success? She could still crash.. and burn.