Nineteen

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

11 missed calls. 4 missed calls come from Mom and the rest of missed calls come from Dad. What's going on?  I am calling my Dad and he picks it up in the first ring.

“Where are you?” his voice hear cold.

“I’m on my way, heading back to home, after pick Jongin up at Busan. Is there something wrong, Dad?” I ask, feeling clueless.

“Get back home. Now.” And then he hangs up the phone.

I am cursing when I notice there are Jongin and Daehyun giving me a serious look, waiting my explanation.

“Jongin, check your phone,” I point his phone on the desk.

“It’s out of battery. What did Daddy say?”

“Hhhh. Okay let’s go home then, because we are going to be a death meat soon,” I stand up from my seat. “Ah, don’t worry baby. I’ll tell you everything later. See you tomorrow,” I wink at Daehyun as he rolls his eyes.

“How can you be like this even if you know you are going to be a death meat soon?” Jongin scoffs when I just grin at his words. Hyemi tells me numerous times that she is envying me because I won’t be panic in the most panic situation ever and I already notice it a few seconds ago.

Jongin stops the engine when we just arrive at home. We take a deep breath and reassuring each other everything will be okay before we climb out the car. I see Mom and Dad take a seat in the living room towards the glass window.

“Eunmi, are you okay?” Mom stands up from her seat in the very first time she notices me. She scoops my cheeks with her two palms when I just nod.

“I’m okay, Mom. You look so pale. What’s going on?”

“You know the consequence if you ride the car without my permission, Kim Eunmi?” Dad asks.

“Just let them take a rest first. They just arrived,” Mom argues.

Okay, just let me tell you what really happened. I'm not telling mom where I'm going in that early morning. It was in the mid day when she was panic because I was not home until she realizes she has to pick up Jongin with me. She just called me but she can’t because I just found out that my phone out of signal at Busan and she gave up and she called Dad and told him I drove Jongin’s car to Busan. Dad is really meant with what he said, and when he said he would never allow me drive a car, I couldn’t help but just obey it if I didn’t want to be a death meat sooner or later. He didn’t even allow me drive car to school and today I drove to Busan. I’m going death, goodbye world!

“Those four days. You both keep yelling each other and don’t notice my presence. Until that almost midnight, you both blame each other why your only daughter just arrived at home in that hour. You both didn’t even ask me where I was going that night. And now you’re going to blame me because I disobey you just by drive off to Busan by myself. It’s so unfair, Dad. So what if I drive the car by myself? SO WHAT?” I can’t bear it anymore. Dad walks approaching me and he slaps me. Hell yeah, he slaps me with his own palm.

Mom covers my body with her and they are just starting the other fight by yelling each other anymore. Jongin can’t help but just dragging me upstairs. I know he pisses off too and just handle it because he doesn’t want to argue anyone.

“Mom, you promise me, it never ever happen anymore,” I mumble.

“I haven’t finished yet.” It is Dad. Can he just ask us to stay still?

When I turn around my body to argue him back, I see Mom falls down on the floor, her state looks getting worse and the bad atmosphere just goes away. Everyone gets their attention on Mom now.

“I’ll go get my car. Dad, can you—“ Dad’s gesture stops Jongin’s words. Dad is carrying Mom with bridal style when I'm panic by myself and don’t know what to do. Mom, I’m sorry.


Let me know what you want to happen with Eunmi and Daehyun later on by put your comment bellow >< It’s so motivating me just by read my lovely reader’s comment ;) And welcome new subbies, I love you all. Please keep supporting my story^^ Feed back is really welcome. Chuuuu~~~