Twenty

Ready to Hurt [EDITING... Sort of]

I am sitting on the couch in the lobby of hospital, doing nothing. Jongin accompanies Mom in her room and Dad goes back to home, taking some stuffs that are needed by Mom. The doctor said there is no serious problem with Mom. Mom lacks of liquid inside her body and needs to rest in here for one night. She is sleeping when I go out from her room. I can’t think properly what will happen with Mom and Dad. I’m scared with something that haven't happened yet.

“Eunmi!”

Someone shouts my name. I lift up my head since I still in the lobby and none I know here, I find the person who calls me and someone who walks next to her. It is Jiyeon with Daehyun. She smiles and waves her hand.

“What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?”

I and Jiyeon ask in unison. We both chuckle together.

“I just visited my uncle. And you?” she makes a gesture.

“Mom fell unconscious when I just arrived home,” I let out a sigh.

“Something bad happen?” she looks worry.

“She just needs some rest, she is okay,” I smile faintly.

I see Daehyun listening attentively without giving any comment.

“So, why are you here?” finally Daehyun ask. “Something happened when your Dad called you, right?”

The worry face of Jung Daehyun. Oh my gosh, it is not the right time to adore him, Eunmi. I mentally slap myself. I and Daehyun have a little conversation until Jiyeon says, “You can stay here longer if you want, I have to go home now, Aunty asks me to do something.” Jiyeon shows off her phone screen to Daehyun. I am waiting for Daehyun to nod his head.

“No, no. I’m with you,” he shakes his head convincingly.

Jiyeon nudges Daehyun’s arm. “Come on, Dae. She needs you,” Jiyeon points me and I just grin at Jiyeon’s behave.

“Look, she is grinning. She’s okay.”

I pout as I say, “I’m not okay. Daehyun, don’t you remember your promise? You said you want to—“ Daehyun covers my mouth when I haven’t finished yet. Jiyeon gives me and Daehyun a tease look.

“So, before I ask you both what Daehyun promise to, I just have to leave then. Bye.” Jiyeon winks at me and mouths ‘Fighting!’ as she stretches her fist in the air when Daehyun just rolls his eyes.

“Why are you doing this to me, Eunmi?” he says while he takes a seat next to me right after Jiyeon’s figure disappear from my sight.

“I’m doing what?”

“Nope. Nothing. Forget it.”

“Daehyun, do you know?” I ask after a few minutes of silent between us. I tilt my body towards him.

“Of course, I don’t know, idiot. You haven’t told me,” he chuckles as I pinch his arm playfully.

“There is no doubt to let you go if someday Jiyeon changes her mind to welcome your feeling back.”

“Yah! You said you never ever give up on me. What was that for? Don’t talk about her anymore,” Daehyun crosses his arms. He looks piss off.

“I’m sorry, you can go. I’m okay,” I bend my head.

“Something is bothering your mind, right? You can tell me everything, before I change my mind and leave you here.” I can’t help but just smile sheepishly when he says those words. Is this true that he isn’t ignoring me anymore?

“Time’s up. I leave.” He stands up when I just pull his arm and he gets back to his seat.

“Yah! Don’t go!” I pout.

“You talk, you smile, you grin, but your eyes look blank. Your expression is just like an open book that can be read by everyone easily. Just tell me what happened, Eunmi.”

I hesitant to tell him at the first, but when he looks me in the eyes, I know he is a right person to share my problem with.

“I’m scared. I don’t want something bad happen with Mom’s and Dad’s relation, with my family, with me and Jongin. I can’t feel any warmness anymore in Daddy’s eyes.”

 “Yah! Don’t cry! You look uglier when you cry.”

I hold back my tears as I release a chuckle.

“What was that? Did you chuckle?”

“It’s good to see you here, reassuring me,” I smile.

“Ewh, the cheesy mode is on,” he runs his fingers on my head and messes my hair as we chuckle together.


Updated^^ New subbies welcome~~~